The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks Take Longer?

Idakar

Anyone else having issues with not being able to throw your melee; primarily Kestrel & Cerata (I no longer have Glaive to test it)? I noticed it today during my Spy runs. I can do the hold to charge it, but upon release nothing happens. I even changed out my keybindings to rule out any physical issues on my end. 

Since U18, the Glaive Prime (haven't tested this on any other throwing weapons) not only takes absolutely forever to charge up and throw the blade, but it also doesn't throw without your character flailing around with the glaive first (read: you swing it for a melee attack, regardless of what you actually wanted to do).

Neither of these two behaviours were present pre-U18, and both are detrimental to the weapon's performance.

On a slightly related note, the Redeemer has also been subject to the "forced swing before charge attack" bug ever since Parkour 2.0 came out, and it's still not resolved.

Edited by DoomFruit

Stupid Stupid Stupid I swear if they continue to make stupid choices im going to quite this game

the glaive do crap dmg even charged. i used the Halikar with a fast throw i stood a good chance to disarm making it useful now its S#&$

the games not fun any more most of the weapons are nerfed garbage yet DE expects you to play LV 100 plus mobs on special missions; so spamming 4th powers and using tonkor to win then has made this now the most boring sci fi fantasy game of the year. I guess the other weapons are for show

It is every thrown melee, and unfortunately I don't think it is a bug (though I really hope it is).

I think it is down to the implementation of charge attacks, only reason I can see to mess with it.

I've updated the title to reflect its more general state.

Also, it can't be an implementation issue. We had working charge attacks on the glaive before U18, so there was at least one proven implementation which combined melee 2.0 and charge attacks and that could be copied for the other weapons (though this admittedly doesn't explain the Redeemer's behaviour).

Halikar , Cerata ,glaive and glaive prime both melee and thrown attacks. With u18 the charge attack was added but at the same  is enhibits the normal throwning of the weapons .So basically  my attempts to use my glaive prime ,ceratat and halikar for throwing it rarely happens and most of the time  i get the charge attack . Charge attacks take to long to throw  my best advice is to remove the charge attackes on the those weapons since the throwing aspect is hard to do now

I use the glaive prime , cerata and halikar regularlly  and the charge attack  a majority of the time overrides the throw attack..I am of the opinion that melee thrown weapons dont need the charge attack since the thrown attack gets overriden most of the time.I can the thrown attack to work very very seldom .Mod stance I am using is Astral Twilight

Edited by Tittakemen

It's cause the addition of charge attacks effecting thrown melee because they use the same keybinding to both charge and throw, it's a very timed thing, go for to long and it does the wrong one, gotta learn the timing and imo it's effected by lag a bit.

A bit of an oversight by de and a rework annoying trin lazy mode'ers everywhere.

Throwing is not timed thing sadly its mere function is been over riden but the melee ability called Fallen Star . Two differnt melee attacks sharing the same key binding -timing-combination is just bad .  Actually glaive was my first melee weapon actually

I am guessing they added the charge attackes via the various stances,  and is the issue is more stance related  given the charge attacks a gobal key binding across those mods stances .Its an oversite not listing the throwing attack as melee abiity is an oversight . For the stances astral twilight and gleaming talon , it is called  Falling Star .I am o the opinion the charge attackes should be confined to weapons  with no throwing capacity

Weapons like the Glaive, Redeemer and Mios have had their special attacks ruined by the return of charge attacks.

DE literally had to do NOTHING to these weapons. But they decided to go with the bad design idea and destroyed the fun of using weapons like them. The Mios and Lacera are alright weapons and don't require the secondary but thrown melee and the Redeemer are mainly used because of this fun factor. You can tell it's not a bug because the weapons have a charging animation.

Ever since U18 hit and the charge mechanic was added back into the game, all of my melee weapons that already HAD charge attacks are now 2-3 times slower than what they were before. Glaive takes longer to throw, the Mios whip attack doesn't feel as fluent, and the Redeemer feels awkward to shoot (not to mention, the animation looks kind of weird now for some reason?). I don't know if I'm just being picky, but it just doesn't feel as fluent/fun to use to me anymore. Now don't get me wrong, I love that charge attacks are back for all weapons, but why change the ones that already had the function? If this is just a bug, let me know.

I think that weapons with special charges should be exempt. The point of charge attacks on a normal weapon is to boost the damage at the cost of time. You're just hitting harder. Special attacks though need to be fluid and compelling to use.

I have largely adopted my Lacera as my new general melee. But as it stands now, I have absolutely zero desire to use the special attack, unlike the pre-update Sword Whip special attack. Which was also an entirely different attack before U18, which really irritates me. I never use Glaives as it is, but when I tested it while fooling around with Ivara in the Simlacrum, it made me even less inclined to use them. I don't even want to test my Redeemer's charge attack at this point.

Edited by Ceryk

I think that weapons with special charges should be exempt. The point of charge attacks on a normal weapon is to boost the damage at the cost of time. You're just hitting harder. Special attacks though need to be fluid and compelling to use.

I have largely adopted my Lacera as my new general melee. But as it stands now, I have absolutely zero desire to use the special attack, unlike the pre-update Sword Whip special attack. Which was also an entirely different attack before U18, which really irritates me. I never use Glaives as it is, but when I tested it while fooling around with Ivara in the Simlacrum, it made me even less inclined to use them. I don't even want to test my Redeemer's charge attack at this point.

How about we make ALL charge attacks faster?