The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Rant] Prime Vault Is Absurd

Zareek

I agree. I mentioned this in the hot topic where this was being discussed. The pack itself with the pricing is a good deal. However its a good deal for players that don't own any of the items. The pack seems most aimed for those type of players. For long term players that own most stuff its really not a great bargain.

I noticed its getting kind a trend lately. We keep getting packs that contain good things in value but aren't available seperate. The vault pack and a lot of bundles in the market lately have this. DE really needs to be reminded that people like options and choices. 

I said it a thousand times before and I will say it again. We all have different values. However if you are only here to mock mine, I suggest you find another topic to derail.

I'm not here to mock you. I'm discussing the issue. That's what this forum is for. You can't really take any criticism or arguments personally. Well you can, but it's not really useful.

I am a 2 year vet too,but I honestly think OP should not be complaining about the high price. While I do agree that the price is high if you are only in it for the syndana for the most part, the situations make me disagree with your desire to lower the price. First of all the misa was sold in a pack that was far more expensive than this. This is literally a steal compared to the original cost for the misa. Also, the pack contains a good amount of plat too, some boosters, and slots, making it contain more than just a syndana for veterans. 

Second, the misa could have never returned, if I actually loved the misa that much I would be glad that it even came back and even more so that I would not have to pay over $100 dollars for it. If you really like the syndana buy the pack if it is not worth it don't. Please do not blame DE for this when they actually made your hopes of getting the misa easier to achieve. 

Like I said to the buddies in my clan:

The value should never go under 60$, like, ever. It's already a bargain, since people would have to pay 140$ before in order to get it...

but

The difference is, at that time, all those prime stuff were new, so we felt like getting the value of the package, which doesn't happen now. See, I was even gonna buy a second misa, supporting the game and having another misa to arcane can't be bad; but I won't, I won't because I don't fell like I'll get its value.

My suggestion: Remove the primes, put more plat, make that a second option, and still, at 60$.

Like I said to the buddies in my clan:

The value should never go under 60$, like, ever. It's already a bargain, since people would have to pay 140$ before in order to get it...

but

The difference is, at that time, all those prime stuff were new, so we felt like getting the value of the package, which doesn't happen now. See, I was even gonna buy a second misa, supporting the game and having another misa to arcane can't be bad; but I won't, I won't because I don't fell like I'll get its value.

My suggestion: Remove the primes, put more plat, make that a second option, and still, at 60$.

So what exactly is the difference between 50 and 60? 10? sure. But essentially it still got put down to that price. So do you REALLY think anyone would have cared more if it came out to 50 dollars in a prime accessory? Do you really think people would have thought "OMG IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 60"?

The fact it came back on resale for less than the original 140 shows that DE really did not care that people paid that much money for it to begin with. It should have been included in a prime accessory to begin with, and I bet they know it. yeah if you exclusively look to get misa, then paying 60 now instead of 140 then, is a massive leap in price reduction, but that's hardly the issue here. why? because DE already reduced the price. So be it 50 or 60 is absolutely irrelevant in that regard.

Edited by Zareek

So what exactly is the difference between 50 and 60? 10? sure. But essentially it still got put down to that price. So do you REALLY think anyone would have cared more if it came out to 50 dollars in a prime accessory? Do you really think people would have thought "OMG IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN 60"?

The fact it came back on resale for less than the original 140 shows that DE really did not care that people paid that much money for it to begin with. It should have been included in a prime accessory to begin with, and I bet they know it. yeah if you exclusively look to get misa, then paying 60 now instead of 140 then, is a massive leap in price reduction, but that's hardly the issue here. why? because DE already reduced the price. So be it 50 or 60 is absolutely irrelevant in that regard.

Yes, people would absolutely care. They would compare the $50 accessory pack which would only include the syandana and either the icons or the extractor with the full vault pack with includes everything. Then they would complain about it, because the accessory pack is strictly worse in all regards.

The fact that it came out now shows nothing more than the fact that prices and values change over time and that DE likes to give people what they ask for, though not necessarily in the way those people hoped. Which is why they change things in future iterations.

"It should have been included in a prime accessory to begin with, and I bet they know it."

Yes. Obviously. This is the precise reason that they made the Prime Accessory Pack in the first place. They listened to feedback and changed accordingly. Incidentally listening to feedback is why the Prime Vault Unsealed program exists in the first place, and also why the Misa was made available again.

but that's hardly the issue here. why? because DE already reduced the price. So be it 50 or 60 is absolutely irrelevant in that regard.

No offense, but this is a truly asinine comment. Things are set at certain prices for a reason. You might as well try to say "Well you guys already discounted this TV by $20, so whether it costs $200 or $5 is absolutely irrelevant." They don't just set prices to random numbers and call it good. The cost of everything they sell is carefully planned.

It really seems like you're complaining just to complain at this point. I suppose that is pretty much the entire reason for a rant, but still.

That is your right as a consumer. You do not have to pay money for something that you do not feel is justifiable.

^ sorry this comment right here turned me off.  he already made it clear that DE does not care about our feedback when it comes to the pricing of their items

its buy or dont to them.

sorry zareek, as much as i support what you say.....this comment really just turned me off in general

Well you do get $50 worth of plat so the extra stuff is valued at $10.

^ also have you ever bought platinum at full value? have you ever waited for a discount instead?

if you have every used the discount at all, then no it is not $50 worth of plat....that is only face value and it is very rare anyone buys it for face value.

you can technically pay for prime access and receive more plat for the actual cost of $50-$60.....but whatever....

using raw values in this case does not always make the case.

not to mention everyone has their own opinion of what they value and what they dont.  that is just my two cents on it

Edited by sekushiiandee

Yes, people would absolutely care. They would compare the $50 accessory pack which would only include the syandana and either the icons or the extractor with the full vault pack with includes everything. Then they would complain about it, because the accessory pack is strictly worse in all regards.

The fact that it came out now shows nothing more than the fact that prices and values change over time and that DE likes to give people what they ask for, though not necessarily in the way those people hoped. Which is why they change things in future iterations.

Yes. Obviously. This is the precise reason that they made the Prime Accessory Pack in the first place. They listened to feedback and changed accordingly. Incidentally listening to feedback is why the Prime Vault Unsealed program exists in the first place, and also why the Misa was made available again.

No offense, but this is a truly asinine comment. Things are set at certain prices for a reason. You might as well try to say "Well you guys already discounted this TV by $20, so whether it costs $200 or $5 is absolutely irrelevant." They don't just set prices to random numbers and call it good. The cost of everything they sell is carefully planned.

It really seems like you're complaining just to complain at this point. I suppose that is pretty much the entire reason for a rant, but still.

The point I was trying to make is that people already said they wouldnt release it back in PA, because it would be lower than what people paid the 1st time. That already got debunked now that its back for 60 dollars. What Im saying is, if they had returned it to 50 dollars instead in a PA, would that have a significant impact on anything at all? I doubt it. I highly doubt anyone knew it was going to be set to 60 dollars (though I could be wrong), so had it come back in PA for 50 dollars, people would most likely react the same as now that its back for 60 dollars. I think you misunderstood my point. Which might be my fault, I sometimes explain myself poorly.

^ sorry this comment right here turned me off.  he already made it clear that DE does not care about our feedback when it comes to the pricing of their items

its buy or dont to them.

sorry zareek, as much as i support what you say.....this comment really just turned me off in general

I'm not sure I follow, can you explain what I said that turns you off? You qouted another user.

Notably, I am not a developer, nor an employee of DE.

I am a fellow player just like you, I just happen to have a differing opinion.

its buy or dont to them.

^ also have you ever bought platinum at full value? have you ever waited for a discount instead?

if you have every used the discount at all, then no it is not $50 worth of plat....that is only face value and it is very rare anyone buys it for face value.

you can technically pay for prime access and receive more plat for the actual cost of $50-$60.....but whatever....

using raw values in this case does not always make the case.

not to mention everyone has their own opinion of what they value and what they dont.  that is just my two cents on it

If DE didn't care about their costumers feedback, we wouldn't have any 2.0 systems, any of the community feedback, and nerfs/buffs. If all players wanted nothing but to get maximum value from their purchases, nobody would ever be paying for digital merchandise that will disappear as soon as the host disappears. What that comment was was just another person's opinion.

The first time I bought platinum was without a discount, for a small amount so that I could buy some more slots. The second time I bought platinum was the Rhino Prime Pack, at which point I realized I had spent multiple hundreds of hours playing that game with just a small little 10-15 dollar purchase, so I went full-blown with the disposable income I had and bought the maximum tier. It wasn't abuot the value of what I was getting - I didn't need to get the Prime outside of the void, I didn't necessarily care about the boosters or the syandana, heck, I didn't even need the plat. I just felt compelled to pay these people - who have given me more time of enjoyment than some MMOs I've played without once demanding I pay for anything.

If we are looking at personal opinions, everyone's entitled - but that doesn't make anyone right either. If we try to look at cold hard number data, then we need to pool from wider areas - so let's pull in other games (f2p preferably, but theoreticaly anything that has the in-game item market would work to some extent). If we do that, we slowly start to see that the cost-to-return of this game isn't that bad.

If we do that, we slowly start to see that the cost-to-return of this game isn't that bad.

The market system in Warframe is very fair, compared to so many F2P games that now use gamble boxes or packs. You know 100% that you will get what you want in Warframe, compared to games like SWToR where you are buying a $15 chance at getting the item you want.

I'd much rather pay $20 for a 100% chance to get the item I want, comapred to $10 or $15 at a chance to get an item I want. Especially when some of those drop tables are completely hidden or so diluted that you easily spend $300+ to get the item you want.

the pack is only 10 dollars more than the standard prime accessories pack and comes with plat for a change, so you can buy what ever booster you want if that is what you were after. aside from that, you get a warframe and 2 weapons slots too if you already had the frost stuff. i consider it no big deal really

The market system in Warframe is very fair, compared to so many F2P games that now use gamble boxes or packs. You know 100% that you will get what you want in Warframe, compared to games like SWToR where you are buying a $15 chance at getting the item you want.

I'd much rather pay $20 for a 100% chance to get the item I want, comapred to $10 or $15 at a chance to get an item I want. Especially when some of those drop tables are completely hidden or so diluted that you easily spend $300+ to get the item you want.

Uuuuugh, ToR. I really wanted to like that game, but that market is atrocious - and technically Pay to Win, considering that the highest stat gear is locked behind a 20+ dollar consumable that if bought for a single character does not get refunded should that character be deleted. Heck, even GW2 costs around 10 bucks for a single cosmetic item if they haven't changed things since I last played the game. Warframe's setup is currently tops for me, even though RNG of the void is constantly working against me!

That being said, I think it would probably be worth a little study or experiment on DE's part to try offering every item as a single-choice, just to see if it generates more profit from players as a series of single-sets or their mega-bundles still end up being the more opted for options.