Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Lor: Is This A New Feature Or A Bug?

Haxwell

The nullifier drones' nullifier bubbles cannot be fired into with hitscan weapons. Both the drones themselves and any enemies in their bubble cannot be hit by hitscan weapons unless going into their nulifier bubble. Projectile weapons such as bows, boltos(ors), and attica and such are the only weapons that can fire at enemies and drones within the nullifier drones.

So I'm just wondering, is this a bug or a new feature or something? Cuz, I don't remember seeing anything in the patch/fix/build notes about this drastic increase in difficulty.

Would love to know the answer to this DE, as a lot of clan-mates have been turned off of the nightmare LoR raid because of this feature/bug/intension.

p.s. was this how it was intended? and was just never made workable til now? Would love to know.

i really hope it is a bug because sometimes even my non hitscan weapons do not even register shots (using lanka). Would be nice to get a word from DE about this. Real punch in the D polarity when, what? 90% of weapons are hitscan? (not including continuous fire)

really need a list of non hitscan weapons... not much in the wiki about it.

Edited by OvAeons

Chances are this could be intentional; this isn't the first time DE made a change to something without mentioning it and we all assumed it was a bug. We already had numerous hotfixes for a lot of bugs, yet surprisingly there were fixes for Jordas Verdict but not for NM LoR.

Edited by NekroArts

This change or bug with the drones has made the nightmare raid such a ridiculous hassle. DE please tell me wtf is going on because this has made the first phase of the nightmare raid nigh impossible.

Edited by Haxwell

Lex P does not penetrate the bubble, you don't even get a "0" damage number for your trouble.  If you have multiple drones with overlapping bubbles then it's almost impossible to get into a position where you can damage one.  Once you have a critical mass of them then you're boned.

I can confirm that Boltor P *does* work through the bubble.  But if that's intentional then it's baffling to say the least.

Just looking at the history of unannounced tweaks to NM LoR, from the injector explosions to the disruptor spawn rates, I wouldn't have any confidence in DE addressing this anytime soon. Bug or not. Hope I'm wrong.

Shooting from inside the bubbles works for the first and third stages if you're with a bless trin.  Otherwise, projectiles (w/ +flight speed maybe) seem to be the best way to go for now. I'm thinking, Boltor for spray? Some options are listed here and here.

Explosives aren't very ideal unless you're a pro-shot w them. They need to be detonated inside the bubble to have any effect and you're more likely to blow up whatever's around them than the drones themselves.

Fixed a month later in hotfix 18.3! Woop!

Edited by bloodtron40000