The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Artemis Bow's Activation/deactivation Speed Really Needs To Be As Fast And Mobile As Exalted Blade

Sorise

And you should be able to move while pulling it out like every other weapon.

She's pulling out a weapon, not summoning something.

Should not need Natural Talent for this.

Anyone that mentions Natural Talent as a suggestion is admitting he can't read :)

Edited by Sorise

What natural Talent increase charge speed? I was surpriced how slow she was with Rakta Cernos compared to Paris Prime, when Rakta has faster fire rate... I was actually considering using a fire rate on the rakta just to increase the charge rate on Artemis Bow...

But yeah I agree the ability could be a bit faster in some situations.

What natural Talent increase charge speed? I was surpriced how slow she was with Rakta Cernos compared to Paris Prime, when Rakta has faster fire rate... I was actually considering using a fire rate on the rakta just to increase the charge rate on Artemis Bow...

But yeah I agree the ability could be a bit faster in some situations.

Well since it only uses the installed rifle mods, and doesn't are about the weapon, that makes total sense.

Well since it only uses the installed rifle mods, and doesn't are about the weapon, that makes total sense.

I was stupid, I forgot I had a 90% mod on the Paris Prime, so 180% in total. Which of course would make the Rakta look pale in comparison. I was told yesterday, that using rakta means not having to use rate mods, because its so quick, but that makes no sense to be based on the charge speed Artemis has, if I dont use any on my bow. That's completely off topic though, just wanted to correct myself.

She's pulling out a weapon, not summoning something.

Actually, she's summoning it.

Unlike what DE said, the weapon is NOT on her. She's clearly summoning it.

As you can see when you remove it, there is even the "ghost" of the weapon. I mean some smoke from the bow desintegrating.

But still i agree, it should be way faster.

Her bow is pretty pathetic compared to exca & valkyr's weapons.

Actually it is summoning the bow, but that's the same as is the case with Excalibur's 4 so that's a non-issue.  I'm generally okay with the casting speed of Artemis by default (not against an increase though) but the obscure part of having it lock you in place (can be worked around of course like all abilities) just feels wrong on a frame like Ivara.

So sure, having it be a little faster to summon and not locking your feet would be fine changes that I would welcome.  I don't feel it's a necessary change of course, but I also don't think it's one in poor form either.  That said;

It's only fair especially since her bow is underwhelming

So the ability to 1-shot ~level 100 enemies with a skill which also grants snap-firing to your various Quiver arrows is underwhelming?  Not sure what your standards are but Artemis is pretty gnarly of a weapon.  After tossing 3 forma (for an obscure build(gonna need 4)) onto Ivara I gave her a brief test spin on that Grineer Sortie 3 Interception which was (if memory serves) Eximus Stronghold.  The weapon basically shreds crowds of Grineer at even that level without any major issue.  Tie that in with on command Invisibility or CC which you also have access to while using Artemis and you're straight golden.

Not only is the Artemis a potent weapon-ability, it's the first among the ones we have thus far that's got some real nuance to it.  EB/Hysteria/Wukong's stick are pretty much straightforward.  None among the three abilities has anything interesting going for them with regards to how the player actually wants to deploy them.  The most nuanced among the three others is EB, which can be fired through terrain.  Even then it's still basically a spam-fest.  Otherwise they're all directly linear and provide nothing beyond a single tool to directly act with while pointing at foes (Valk's giving mindless invulnerability).  With Ivara's 4 however you greatly benefit by actively combining your various 1s in with normal shots.  Those normal shots then able to be aligned as you need them for either single-target killing power (pesky heavies) or swapping over to broad for mowing down a crowd.

There is another thing I'm a little curious of however.  Sort of an ideological point;

Anyone that mentions Natural Talent as a suggestion is admitting he can't read :)

The idea of Natural Talent is that it allows players to speed up the cast of any ability that they find to be slower than they'd prefer.  So it's not like suggesting one to slot it automatically invalidates the point.  That's like if someone complained about Ivara's HP levels and then said "Anyone who mentions Vitality can't read."  You can't just throw points out the window solely because they act in opposition to your goal.  If this logic were applied across the board then we could arbitrarily suggest that every ability's casting speed in increased to the point where Natural Talent is invalidated.

Anyways just to re-iterate where I started here.  Core disagreements with your overall arguments and stance aside, I do agree with the opening point.  Making the summoning of Ivara's bow less "locked" and a bit less sluggish would be alright changes in my opinion.

Everyone else said Artemis was lacking anyway... They say it's just another bow.

But the first post mentioned Talent which invalidates anyone else suggesting it.

Same with Vitality.

Seems folks like using mods as an excuse or band aid to all issues when there are many which should not need mods to fix.

It's only fair especially since her bow is underwhelming

I don't think you're using it right. Her bow is a monster. I thought it was lacking too, but after fiddling around with builds I've found it to be absolutely devastating. I do wish the fan would be changed to be horizontal by default and just get more narrow as you charge, but this is a personal preference QoL thing.

Yes it is when you actually account for context.

This isn't a skill based 1v1 game.

You're supposed to be fighting about 80 dudes at any give time at once.

Do note that my line that you quoted reads as follows;  "the ability to 1-shot ~level 100 enemies"  not  "the ability to 1-shot a ~level 100 enemy", plural as opposed to singular.  The horizontal fan (full charge) is more than enough to handle light units and its punch through ensures likely more than a couple of kills each shot.  The vertical fan (uncharged shot) will devastate if not outright kill Eximus/heavies, with its punch through allowing you to potentially kill more foes.  In tandem with Sleep Arrows snap-fired to group up foes (freeze the front line units and wait briefly for the rear to line up) you can easily net 5+ kills in a single shot.

Folks already utilize the Dread for endgame missions and don't fail.  In fact the Dread is one of the easier ones to run for higher leveled content.  The Artemis bow effectively* outclasses the Dread both in terms of single-target and multi-target applications.  Artemis holds up fine and dandy with a straight generic crit build.  I've yet to test run a Status build to see what kinds of effects it would have on Artemis, but it could be interesting.  Of course it could also flop tremendously, but it's worth trying for curiosity's sake.

[size=1]*Artemis definitely won't be landing red-crits like the Dread, but it doesn't need them.  on heavy targets your uncharged shots can be fired immediately and (if you're deep into endless) repeatedly fired for full damage on a heavy.[/size]

Is it pointless with Thunderbolt?

Thunderbolt is good for missions with enemies under Lv25 in my opinion (Thunderbolt's damage is still eh...). At Rank 3, I probably get about 2-4 explosions on average per volley of arrows. Just don't be like me and immediately turn a 180 and release the shot on a mob right in front of you... The explosions are painful.

I would recommend against it at higher levels because the damage isn't good and you could put a better damage mod/elemental damage mod on in place of it.

I tried Thunderbolt out in a 20 wave T3D. It did okay. It's nice for taking out nullifiers since you don't have to shoot as often, but outside of that I wouldn't recommend it. If it had ~80% proc chance and did the same damage as concealed explosives it would be worth taking.

• 4 weeks later...

I can attest Artemis does have innate punch-through. The easiest way to verify it is to combine it with Navigator ; your shots will pierce through targets, and the wiki states only punchthrough-capable projectiles display this feature.

This punchtrough is hardly noticeable...

Still need Metal Auger for that "Ultimate" experience.

Or that Exalted Blade experience.

I agree the visuals and the feel and lacking, but not the results. On this video at around 3 minutes the player is shown to easily shoot through the door.