Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Of The Reasons Why I Love Warframe

Deshiel

I love warframe because it still prefers GAMEPLAY, story and IMMERSION over how shiny thier graphics are. Ofcourse, the times are changing and the standarts for graphics are rising. But we all know that there are far too many games in the market that rarely focus on gameplay, customisations, plots n S#&$, but what they focus on is showing what thier respectable engines can do.

I came to realise that current games are just excuses to promote the Engines that are behind them. It almost feels like as if the games were made for the engines, when in the past. Engines were used to be built for games.

We all have fond memories of old games for all the stuff we could do in them. Nowadays games are centered around what the game does around us when we follow a forced from A to B path.

I agree. Digital Extremes is most certainly going a direction I can support proudly. They are open to experimentation and trying out new techniques. And they aren't afraid to delve into a deeper meaning in their work, adding bits and pieces of information and story in ways that even I was missing at first.

I hope that they keep up what they've been doing, because I haven't been disappointed once from their current methods. I will say, even though Warframe isn't the best looking game out there currently, it manages to capture my imagination and really pull at me. There are some games I've played that were retro-style (8-bit) and they had so many deep and powerful messages in them. One of them drove home a point that I've experienced myself, and I couldn't help but get emotional.

A game's graphical fidelity doesn't make or break a game, it's merely what story you can tell with what you have. Some stories can even be told without visual references, which is another reason why the soundtrack "This is what you are" really pushed me to tears the first time I heard it. The atmosphere it set up really spoke to me, and I will admit I got some visualizations of children playing, laughing. Sound is just as important if not more important than graphics, you cannot truly tell a story without dialogue, musical compositions and sound effects.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Honestly the story and immersion aspects have been pushed away for a laughably long amount of time. Most games wouldn't even launch until a solid setting and story is nailed down, Warframe is still deciding on theirs... it's only starting to take shape now, 3 years later. And it's still miles away from fleshed out. They've always been gameplay and customisation first.

Despite the criticism, I do enjoy the game obviously, and I'm glad you do too. But seriously, they need to hire about 100 more writers instead of drip feeding us a plot.

Honestly the story and immersion aspects have been pushed away for a laughably long amount of time. Most games wouldn't even launch until a solid setting and story is nailed down, Warframe is still deciding on theirs... it's only starting to take shape now, 3 years later. And it's still miles away from fleshed out. They've always been gameplay and customisation first.

Despite the criticism, I do enjoy the game obviously, and I'm glad you do too. But seriously, they need to hire about 100 more writers instead of drip feeding us a plot.

+1

But the works on the story ARE being increased. Who knows maybe they will get more writters to do this. But the way I understood Steve's responses about the update, they were diving into the unknown waters with this and surely when they get more confortable, the speed of story content will improve aswel.