The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Focus Farmers:the New Focus System And You. Please Share!

ApplySci

Question

Basically, I would like to see a collection of how other serious focus grinders, who all are getting their 75k daily met, are using the focus system. I will start. 

when i reset, my time is locked to playing only zen lensed weapons and frames. i want to max the energy passives and triggers, then lower the timer and last the offensive powers. after that, i will probably lens loki a different school and have a lens on every melee i like for him to stealth farm the other schools. ,probably work on two at a time after zen. My biggest concern is relensing loki with a new school every time and having to destroy a lens for every new school. i know as soon as i change it, they will add something and hell need that school again (and i hate to waste them!) Id love to see a lens swap option where you only destroy the lens is if you replace it with no lens at all.

It bugs me cause i want to max 1 school at a time (for now) so when i reset, i only use certain frames and that is probably neurotic, the system looks to be setup so you level each a little but i just cant do that so it will be 1 school ( certain frames and weapons) every 75k a day until a new school is needed to be leveled)

15 answers to this question

Playing Madurai and right now i put all my Focus Points into the abiltie itself and completly leave out the passives (since i know exactly what they give me and how they work and we will get an option to reset). So i want to see exactly how much dmg i can deal with each abilitie maxed out (so far not so great, espacially on high level it gets extremly bad extremly fast which i find very disappointing for an endgame system with endgame abitlites that has a 300+ sec cooldown).

Edit: Btw. if you want to level two Schools at the same time and fast: Put Lens A on Loki and Lens B on a Sword. Then go play the Deceptionmission on Ceres (Ker) and only do Stealthkills in the mission objective room. Running in Circles will respawn the Enemys endless. You will have reached the daily Cap in about 20 mins (with the current double affinity Weekend in 10 mins). This way you will get the exact same number of Focus Points for two schools (ofc if you want to level one as fast as possible you can put the same lens on both, the frame and the weapon).

Edited by Evers

step no . 1 Pick Excal or Ivara ( WIth lens on)

step no. 2 GO draco for excal/ Ludi,ceres for ivara And completely stealth it with a bow that has lense on

step no .3 Excal  can get roughly 50k focus in 4 rounds/ If played right mission should yield 20-40 k (since its 2x affinity)

Edited by Conner.MK7

Id love to see a lens swap option where you only destroy the lens is if you replace it with no lens at all.

so u dont want it to be replace or swap or however u're gonna put it. and instead U want it to be like mods, to insert and remove freely.

A lot people likes this idea I can tell u that. But I hope that never happens, and I doubt DE will make it happen too.

so far there have been zero improvements to focus systems (apart from fixing not working passives, which is a freaking bug) and 2 direct nerfs to farming methods + cap introduced. People who share methods of fast farm are only digging their own grave up until a point where we will have to either 2x draco per day (DIVERSITY OVERLOAD) or simply farm something for an hour at least. 

I don't know about you guys, but i am not that eager to waste 2 hours per day on conclave (exp gain even with booster is atrocious and only decent if u r in fact top 1-2-3 or win all the time, which sucks for noobs and promotes cheesy gameplay), 1 hour on focus, 1 hour on raid and  1 hour (at least) on Sorties with snoozefests like excavation, survival, defense etc. 

so far there have been zero improvements to focus systems (apart from fixing not working passives, which is a freaking bug) and 2 direct nerfs to farming methods + cap introduced. People who share methods of fast farm are only digging their own grave up until a point where we will have to either 2x draco per day (DIVERSITY OVERLOAD) or simply farm something for an hour at least. 

I don't know about you guys, but i am not that eager to waste 2 hours per day on conclave (exp gain even with booster is atrocious and only decent if u r in fact top 1-2-3 or win all the time, which sucks for noobs and promotes cheesy gameplay), 1 hour on focus, 1 hour on raid and  1 hour (at least) on Sorties with snoozefests like excavation, survival, defense etc.

What are the 2 nerfs to farming methods we got so far?

What are the 2 nerfs to farming methods we got so far?

• Enemies slain within 5 seconds of spawning will no longer count towards stealth kills.
  • Adjusted NPC spawning to ensure that enemies no longer spawn in places where enemies had just recently died.

There is still one more 'fix' that went through which I will not mention here. But these two are the obvious ones. Basically, DE don't want people to be able to AFK farm a spot, trying to promote a more 'active' style of play. But, for the legit farms its basically unchanged, albeit a bit less consistent at times. 

The second change I mentioned though, does impact Survival runs as you cannot 'camp' in one spot and have steady enough Life Support gains. You HAVE to run around, which I don't mind that much, but I am running into situations where the Life Support drops simply couldn't keep up with the drain which is something that hasn't happened since the 'experimental' Survival change which reduced the drop rate of Life Support modules.

Playing Madurai and right now i put all my Focus Points into the abiltie itself and completly leave out the passives (since i know exactly what they give me and how they work and we will get an option to reset). So i want to see exactly how much dmg i can deal with each abilitie maxed out (so far not so great, espacially on high level it gets extremly bad extremly fast which i find very disappointing for an endgame system with endgame abitlites that has a 300+ sec cooldown).

Edit: Btw. if you want to level two Schools at the same time and fast: Put Lens A on Loki and Lens B on a Sword. Then go play the Deceptionmission on Ceres (Ker) and only do Stealthkills in the mission objective room. Running in Circles will respawn the Enemys endless. You will have reached the daily Cap in about 20 mins (with the current double affinity Weekend in 10 mins). This way you will get the exact same number of Focus Points for two schools (ofc if you want to level one as fast as possible you can put the same lens on both, the frame and the weapon).

This depresses me.

We whine about how Draco is not how the game is meant to be played.  Now, a new system comes out, one greatly desired forever, and now all you (a general, wide-sweeping you) want to do is max everything out in as quick as possible.  People wanted this before a suggested reset was mentioned by Steve.

No wonder they put RNG walls on everything.

*sigh*

This depresses me.

We whine about how Draco is not how the game is meant to be played.  Now, a new system comes out, one greatly desired forever, and now all you (a general, wide-sweeping you) want to do is max everything out in as quick as possible.  People wanted this before a suggested reset was mentioned by Steve.

No wonder they put RNG walls on everything.

*sigh*

What does this have to do with RNG? 

giphy.gif