The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

Uhhhh, but how do we trigger this glitched/strange message screen?

I just got it when I returned to my Liset from a T3 Defense. Nothing special happened in the mission, no new enemies, no mysterious messages, no new drops, nothing. Seems likely that it's random.

Never said the Tenno should get all their memories back, just that basic memories that would make sense to be the same/similar (so, where all the Tenno would have been in the same place).

Well we could be getting all the memories that happened to us on common ground.

Cryosleep, slaughtering the orokin, etc etc.

Aye, and those would work well. There's something of a push for entire flashback quests and the like that I thought was being referred to, and I already made my opinion known on that.

And there's probably a way to do even that, I'm just a little more conservative about the idea.

Edited by Morec0

Sentients are on the other side of the scope, the supposed enemies.

They probably haven't had the time to understand tennobet unless they have the extreme capacity to decipher foreign language with purely their imagination.

I'm thoroughly Convinced this is the memory of what we experienced before cryosleep

Aye, but would seem weird but it wouldn't be impossible. The Sentients WERE Orokin creation and "Tennobet" is the Orokin language - given by its presence even in the Void Towers - so if the Sentients (for whatever reason) never created their own language they might have just adopted "Tennobet" (or as I'll call it: "Orograph") as their means of communication.

But there IS not guarantee that this is them - it could be... a large number of things.

I think this is our Liset.

We are getting reports from the Orbiter.

"I will keep the orbiter hidden in the void." - Ordis

Read the translated message in Ordis's voice. There's a disturbance in the void and we lost connection briefly with the orbiter.

Edited by TheFatDrake

Sentients are on the other side of the scope, the supposed enemies.

They probably haven't had the time to understand tennobet unless they have the extreme capacity to decipher foreign language with purely their imagination.

I'm thoroughly Convinced this is the memory of what we experienced before cryosleep

... Isn't that how we (the players) first deciphered Tenno bet?

And, again, the Sentients:

1) Were created BY the Orokin

2) Have been around for MUCH longer than the Tenno-Warframe combination

3) Haven't been sleeping for the centuries 

I'm agreeing with you that it does seem very much like a setup to cryosleep, the readout has a medical feeling to it while the final line is self-explanatory.

Trying to figure out what the hell the moon has to do with any of it...

I kinda think this is some kind of error message that the operator gets when attempting to use a warframe, as I think that each Warframe has a Tenno inside and are each controlled by a single player (you) who is the operator.

Void Link Severed
Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.
Re-initiating dipolar connection on naval carrier. Bow in standby for sync check and sync.

Motion compensation complete.
    Selenic lensing locked.
    Somatic control established.
    Marvelous implantation intact.
    EVM status nominal.
    Air platform awaiting sync.

Initializing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

The middle bit was just a sync retry of the operator attempting to regain control of the tenno. Stuff about linking their movements and minds, and the operator controlling it from the 'air platform' mentioned. 
Finally, the program itself uses the synaptic overlay (which is why we see from the Tenno's perspective, not the operator), and then wishes the Tenno in the suit goodnight as it removes control of their body from them.
Think about it, as the warframes are all very different in stature. Atlas doesn't even have most of a head, for god's sakes. Having one Tenno wear them all would make no sense, he'd have to be barely more than a skeleton in order to fit each one. If he (the operator) was just remotely controlling them, and the Tenno inside was just asleep and being used as a puppet, it would explain it.
It also explains why the Clan Barracks in the dojo are full of frozen warframes, even though you might never have the players to fill that many rooms. 
They're spares, in case some are lost, or alternatives are needed.

The moon has to be hidden in plain sight. Lensing could mean that the void it just a tiny little pocket of energy that sits between the system and the moon, hiding the moon from view and keeping anything from visiting it.

The towers act as a net that create the void, so probably, selenic lensing locked refers to the ability to transmit signals through that void pocket and to the moon itself.

It's not "marvelous"! It's module!

The modules we implant in our warframes!

I kinda think this is some kind of error message that the operator gets when attempting to use a warframe, as I think that each Warframe has a Tenno inside and are each controlled by a single player (you) who is the operator.

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.

Re-initiating dipolar connection on naval carrier. Bow in standby for sync check and sync.

Selenic lensing locked.

Marvelous implantation intact.

EVM status nominal.

Initializing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

The middle bit was just a sync retry of the operator attempting to regain control of the tenno. Stuff about linking their movements and minds, and the operator controlling it from the 'air platform' mentioned. 

Finally, the program itself uses the synaptic overlay (which is why we see from the Tenno's perspective, not the operator), and then wishes the Tenno in the suit goodnight as it removes control of their body from them.

Think about it, as the warframes are all very different in stature. Atlas doesn't even have most of a head, for god's sakes. Having one Tenno wear them all would make no sense, he'd have to be barely more than a skeleton in order to fit each one. If he (the operator) was just remotely controlling them, and the Tenno inside was just asleep and being used as a puppet, it would explain it.

It also explains why the Clan Barracks in the dojo are full of frozen warframes, even though you might never have the players to fill that many rooms. 

They're spares, in case some are lost, or alternatives are needed.

Ordis refers specifically to the Tenno AS the Operator, however, specifically:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/4/43/OrdisVP18.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20140721120436

That is said during the Vor's Prize quest... Why would this seperate Opperator's life be in danger if they are seperate beings and Vor only ever got his hands on the Warframe and Tenno? And of course the Lotus refers to us solely as Tenno.

The idea that there is a third party in the Tenno-Warframe relationship has long been shutdown, and the quote from the Limbo Theorem (confirmed NOT to be a Fourth Wall Break by Steve himself) says we switch between the Warframes. Furthermore: the shift in bodyshape for Equinox helps establish that the Tenno are perfectly fine with such a thing.

The only thing we need to know how is "How?".

The moon has to be hidden in plain sight. Lensing could mean that the void it just a tiny little pocket of energy that sits between the system and the moon, hiding the moon from view and keeping anything from visiting it.

The towers act as a net that create the void, so probably, selenic lensing locked refers to the ability to transmit signals through that void pocket and to the moon itself.

It's not "marvelous"! It's module!

The modules we implant in our warframes!

Hmm, sounds sound. Though I can't imagine why such a thing would be needed for Cryosleep... Then again, perhaps Lotus is on the moon? But it seems like the rest of those steps were needed BEFORE that, which implies a connection to it through them, which doesn't make immediate sense for what it supposedly is...

Then again I may just be dumb.

Pretty sure the towers don't create the Void, but I'm thinking you meant another word there.

Also don't see why the moon has to be hidden in plain sight.

The modules bit seems to line up, though.

Edited by Morec0

Well if we're getting an orokin moon, it's gotta come from somewhere, right? Moons don't just appear

I'm pretty sure it's always been there, just not added in - sorta like how Earth was ALWAYS a jungle, it just needed it's update to make sure it didn't use the Asteroid tileset anymore, and likewise for Europa's Icey Outpost being replaced with utter tundra, and Venus eventually going to get its update that it needs.

Lotus has to be on that moon, how else would she have such Contact and knowledge of the tenno unless she was at the very network that connects them?

It's piecing together, but this is all just speculation

Well we can all agree she wasn't always there (i.e. during the Old War), but presumably she was still able to do so (as demonstrated by her communication with Mirage) even without being at the heart of this supposed network connection. It makes sense that she would be there now as it might make things easier, but it doesn't add up for her to have been there ALWAYS - which in tern suggests she was able to connect with them even without it.

Edited by Morec0

Well we can all agree she wasn't always there (i.e. during the Old War), but presumably she was still able to do so (as demonstrated by her communication with Mirage) even without being at the heart of this supposed network connection. It makes sense that she would be there now as it might make things easier, but it doesn't add up for her to have been there ALWAYS - which in tern suggests she was able to connect with them even without it.

If I were you, I would take to the Solar Relays to see whether or not some broadcast is intercepted... like what happened with Vay hek and the Balor Fomorians.

Perhaps a flashback will be shown to us?  Or some strange footage.

My translation:  Void link severed Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspicion tracking signal.

Reinitiating dipolar connection on Naval carrier. Bow in standby for sync check and sync.

Selenic lensing locked.

Margoolihs implantation intact.

EVM status nominal.

(Since us Tenno can intercept signals, and this one emanated from near Eris, this is either an old Orokin signal from the old war, or possibly a reference to an incoming Sentient carrier to invade the Origin System. Chances are, it's the latter, considering that the Lotus is a Sentient who can speak English and appears Human, and that means the Sentients also have a human form, which means they're pretty much the same as Humans. They can also manipulate tech, and the NAVAL carrier. The Tombs of the Sentient trailer took place in the SEA. Uranus' atmosphere is also heavily liquid-based, so that carrier would have to be NAVAL. EVM sounds like a module, which for a (possibly) robotic race such as the Sentients, could mean perhaps it's their OS or power source. However, it may also be a cyborg, since 'Margoolih's' is a non-Tenno word, but possibly an Orokin/Sentient one, and Orokin and Tenno were cyborgs. But most of this is speculation, and should not be taken to heart.)

If I were you, I would take to the Solar Relays to see whether or not some broadcast is intercepted... like what happened with Vay hek and the Balor Fomorians.

Perhaps a flashback will be shown to us?  Or some strange footage.

Sadly I'm at work atm, but I intend to start playing the moment I get off (assuming the internet and cable is back up at my place when I do, storms and all). I'm not sure if there are other messages to be grabbed aside from this one, but I would hope so.

This just happened to me moments ago, I immediately quit the game to report this in the forums.

I alt tab into the game then suddenly this shows up, I was all alone in my room, lights were shut off, I almost wet myself, please explain this.