Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

It would be considered evolution but i don't know if it could be considered symbiogenesis or endosymbiosis. Unless we're saying the merge gave the Tenno the ability to move between physical forms. I'm just not seeing how a virtual machine that can evolve, relates to the endosymbiotic theory at all. It conflicts with the present lore too.

I'm of the mind that this is one of the devices the Orokin made to implant their subjects with to achieve a specific result. I think it needs a physical body. Kind of like the Lora device and the Neural Sentry device on void enemies.

Well the Warframes DO give them their various abilities.

That doesn't make sense at all to me. Why would they reference something that specifically refers to 2 organisms coming together to make one evolve, if the Tenno is an AI or data. It's likely what i typed out several pages back.

Welp, first immediate thought is "Infested" - which doesn't distinguish between organic and non-organic, but severely alters the executive functions of both. The genesis of them being an initial experimental implantation, where this step specifically failed, perhaps?

But I digress.

So Eye, Verbal and Motor response?

That would, in my opinion, simply be a repeat of the previous line stating "Somatic control established" - unless of course you claim that the two lines are refering two distinct systems, and thus also support the merger theory - be it biological or mental.

In addition, "EVM" as an abbreviation is specifically used in research relating to Margulis', as per this snippet from a book regarding the topic, whereas the only useage of it refering to Eye, Verbal and Motor response that I can find, is in relation to the Glasgow Coma Scale, in which case I imagine it would be referenced as "GCS".

As for Symbiogenesis (Margulis Implantation Intact), as you mention in your own post as well as a possible referent, it could also be that the user of the warframe merges with it to some degree, and that it is the state of this merger that is "intact" - not the state of the (non-existent) "new species". If we were to understand it specifically as a form of symbiogenesis in its most basic sense, and not just as something that is a component of it, I imagine they would have gone with "Symbiogenesis complete", rather than naming a non-existent technique after the scientist who proffered the related theory.

This could also apply if we go with the Tenno being inside the Warframe (which I do not disagree with), but in a different sense than, say, a medieval knight. And this would also lend credence to both the Tenno and Warframes individual A.I.s acting in synchrony - i.e. an Evolvable Virtual Machine.

Edited by Santiak

Considering the last line 

"Good Night, Sweet Angel"

I am reminded of how a mother talks to her young child, which in turn, makes me think of a series of quotes from the Natah quest

The following is taken directly from the wiki;

Lotus:  All missions to the Origin system required a sacrifice. Me and my kind became barren when crossing the gap. It is the one flaw that we never overcame.

Teshin:  Natah wanted children of her own.

Lotus:  Natah was the daughter until I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother.

Now that makes me think this is a message from the Lotus, detailing her connection to the warframe/tenno being severed for a moment.

Thoughts everyone?

Something's coming... Now where is my tin foil hat?

NLuMcUq.png?1

cool =))))))

i got the message too as well as i dont care because im not willing to learn to read it ... good that we have a forum for the translations and speculations ....

Considering the last line 

"Good Night, Sweet Angel"

I am reminded of how a mother talks to her young child, which in turn, makes me think of a series of quotes from the Natah quest

The following is taken directly from the wiki;

Lotus:  All missions to the Origin system required a sacrifice. Me and my kind became barren when crossing the gap. It is the one flaw that we never overcame.

Teshin:  Natah wanted children of her own.

Lotus:  Natah was the daughter until I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother.

Now that makes me think this is a message from the Lotus, detailing her connection to the warframe/tenno being severed for a moment.

Thoughts everyone?

i really dont wanna remembered about "tomb of the sentients" ... no further comments

Edited by SbruL

Welp, first immediate thought is "Infested" - which doesn't distinguish between organic and non-organic, but severely alters the executive functions of both. The genesis of them being an initial experimental implantation, where this step specifically failed, perhaps?

But I digress.

So Eye, Verbal and Motor response?

That would, in my opinion, simply be a repeat of the previous line stating "Somatic control established" - unless of course you claim that the two lines are refering two distinct systems, and thus also support the merger theory - be it biological or mental.

In addition, "EVM" as an abbreviation is specifically used in research relating to Margulis', as per this snippet from a book regarding the topic, whereas the only useage of it refering to Eye, Verbal and Motor response that I can find, is in relation to the Glasgow Coma Scale, in which case I imagine it would be referenced as "GCS".

As for Symbiogenesis (Margulis Implantation Intact), as you mention in your own post as well as a possible referent, it could also be that the user of the warframe merges with it to some degree, and that it is the state of this merger that is "intact" - not the state of the (non-existent) "new species". If we were to understand it specifically as a form of symbiogenesis in its most basic sense, and not just as something that is a component of it, I imagine they would have gone with "Symbiogenesis complete", rather than naming a non-existent technique after the scientist who proffered the related theory.

This could also apply if we go with the Tenno being inside the Warframe (which I do not disagree with), but in a different sense than, say, a medieval knight. And this would also lend credence to both the Tenno and Warframes individual A.I.s acting in synchrony - i.e. an Evolvable Virtual Machine.

In the first part, i'm not sure what point you're trying to make, unless you mean to say the Warframes aren't comprised of Technocyte.

Having voluntary control of a body and response to stimuli is not the same. This shouldn't need elaboration.

I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make with an Evolvable Virtual Machine. To my knowledge, it is just a program that mimics evolution within itself by learning, in hopes of improving itself and creating a better understanding of the process. That doesn't sound like something we need.

Are you saying we're AIs, remote controlling the frames, or a combination of both? There aren't any supporting facts within the present lore to those. It also has more evidence against those theories.

Hello, well.

I don't know if this is a bug, but.. what is this? First time I encounter this "error"?

Was in the loadingscreen and then.. it started to going dark, like when the Stalker is about to appear, then this showed up.

2015_10_06_00001.jpg

And I'm a but curious about this XD

Thanks C: (yay! finally I can post something!)
Edited by Maxitotito

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected. Origin unknown. Suspect tracking signal.

Reinitiating dipolar connection on naval carrier.

Bow in standby for sync check and sync.

Motion compensation complete.

Selenic lensing locked.

Somatic control established.

Margulis implantation intact.

EVM status nominal.

War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

I was looking at this and have now come up with my theory as to what this is.

First is the line "Good night, sweet angel" this to me is prof that this message originated with the lotus who else would call us sweet angel even the Orokin hated us just using us for war so no system made by them would say this. Also the fact that the lotus never mentions the message as if nothing odd happened.

Second now that we think this is the lotus' work why/what is she doing my guess is with the threat of the Sentient's rise she decided to lock down the way she originally hacked us. In fear that the Sentient may use it to hack us for their use. As to why I think we were hacked I just cant see the Orokin just handing the controls to an untrusted weapon to a simple Sentient defector. Also the Vor quote "I will purge your doting mother and bring you home." seems like she is in us in some way.

Third the Selenic lensing locked references the moon base the base where I believe that the lotus is as far as we know the Sentient are physical yet we never see the lotus she never mentions a planet or tower or relay. So I think she is on the moon using the Selenic lensing to send her controls out.

The rest is merely a systems check after the massive change of her relinquishing control. So she is scared of this Sentient reawakening and if they might steal the Teno from her.

In the first part, i'm not sure what point you're trying to make, unless you mean to say the Warframes aren't comprised of Technocyte.

Having voluntary control of a body and response to stimuli is not the same. This shouldn't need elaboration.

I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make with an Evolvable Virtual Machine. To my knowledge, it is just a program that mimics evolution within itself by learning, in hopes of improving itself and creating a better understanding of the process. That doesn't sound like something we need.

Are you saying we're AIs, remote controlling the frames, or a combination of both? There aren't any supporting facts within the present lore to those. It also has more evidence against those theories.

While I agree that Warframes are likely made of technocyte (was that ever substantiated, or is it still just an assumption based on Dark Sector?), there was - and still is - the fact that Infested refer to us as "their flesh", in which case the progenitor of them being a failed first attempt to merge a Tenno with the Warframe - resulting in them - could be a likely explanation for those utterances, and it wouldn't rule out Techoncyte as the primary compound of Warframes, from what I can see.

Care to elaborate how you see that process as negating technocyte?

From what I recall, the "response" part was something you injected into the line, and not something that shows up in the proffered translations. So unless you mean to infer that "response" is already included in the abbreviation, it would refer to "Eye, Verbal and Movement status", which would be the equivalent of somatic control, or possibly the state of the body.

As I mentioned earlier, I haven't seen any grounds for believing EVM to be an abbreviation for Eye, Verbal and Movement - let alone including "response" - as the abbreviation seems rather uncommon, outside of the aforementioned Glasgow Coma Scale.

As for EVM, it is a program that can be used for mimicing evolution, because it can observe and learn. It can adjust to new observations and is therefor "Evolvable", and not "evolvable" just by essence of being used for simulating evolution.

To quote Mao et al.:

The virtual machine incrementally learns the relation between program inputs and optimization strategies so that it proactively predicts the optimizations suitable for a new run. The prediction is discriminative, guarded by confidence measurement through dynamic self-evaluation.

If Tenno are artificial, they would need such a system to learn from experience, and it would necessarily need to run as planned (status nominal) for them to be able to function.

As for the Tenno as A.I. theory - I must admit I haven't played in quite a while - but wasn't this taken as an indication that we, in fact, are robotic in nature - or did I miss something profound on the matter since then?

Finally, I concur that EVM could go both ways. The only reason I'm leaning more towards Evolvable Virtual Machine, is because Lynn Margulis was referenced in the line preceding it, and is thus the only clue we have of actually discerning what the abbreviation stands for, other than finding combinations of words that could abbreviate to the same.

Of course, it could also be that DE is trying to tell us something about loot changes, and the abbreviation stands for "Earned Value Management".

Edited by Santiak

I skimmed since i'm occupied with getting the new prime items but here:

1135Y2Q.png

Not an assumption. 

Alad V trailer is not proof they are AIs, so yes, you are missing some important information.

In that case, I'm not sure how you got the inverse out of my first point.

It was in a response to why they would reference symbiogenesis; because it could be a likely component in marrying Tenno/Warframes biologically - and that there is an element of A.I. involved in addition to that, which, as we know from the Infested, doesn't rule out symbiosis with mechanical entities, as we know mechanical units have been infested - or down-right undergone symbiogenesis.

Nano Spores only seem to strengthen the notion that there is an element of symbiogenesis - and that it can be present in the Warframe universe between biological and mechanical entities as well.

It is, of course, also possible they are referencing something else from Margulis' research, which I for various reasons haven't studied closely.

Cheers for clearing up the AI bit, I'll go hunt for that info, in that case. :)

In any case, cheers for the discussion.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Santiak

As for the Tenno as A.I. theory - I must admit I haven't played in quite a while - but wasn't this taken as an indication that we, in fact, are robotic in nature - or did I miss something profound on the matter since then?Fin

How is that proof that Tenno are robotic?

How is that proof that Tenno are robotic?

While I for obvious reasons can't claim that I have actual experience with such manner of dismemberment, I would imagine that if there was biological matter present, there would either be much more gore involved, or the scanner prior to the process would have evaporized all of the organic material.

If the latter, and we assume the Warframe shell is indicated by the heated edges after they had been dismembered, the organic material inside would have to be diminutive to fit, or otherwise it would appear their flesh actually glows when heated.

But this is getting dangerously off-topic - so I'll leave it at this, and look forward for the next ominous message to pop up. :)

While I for obvious reasons can't claim that I have actual experience with such manner of dismemberment, I would imagine that if there was biological matter present, there would either be much more gore involved, or the scanner prior to the process would have evaporized all of the organic material.

If the latter, and we assume the Warframe shell is indicated by the heated edges after they had been dismembered, the organic material inside would have to be diminutive to fit, or otherwise it would appear their flesh actually glows when heated.

But this is getting dangerously off-topic - so I'll leave it at this, and look forward for the next ominous message to pop up. :)

The heat from the laser probably sears the wounds closed.

I had an idea.... that the Margulis implantation and all that evolution through symbiosis stuff could possibly hint toward the Tenno being part infested after all, Maybe just like how( if any of you are familiar with venom from the spiderman franchise) the symbiote feeds off it victim but helps it at the same time the Margulis implantation makes the infestation non-lethal to the Tenno and makes them stronger. (Just a theory)

The heat from the laser probably sears the wounds closed.

In the Alad V trailer it looked like there was biological material in that excalibur warframe.