Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

It might still be mastery related. The natah quest is only MR3 locked after all.

Perhaps if you are MR2 or below u can't get the visual. If anything its a prelude to the quest.

Yep, Steve confirmed that it is a prelude to the quest. He also said that the Sentients are the cause for that message.

If the sentients are indeed the ones creating the message...could it be linked to PRIME warframes?

By what we know, Primes are actual pieces of Orokin technology. So the old war was fought with the Prime Warframes and Prime weapons. It doesn't link to Mirage's quest, but maybe it's because DE hasn't released her Primed version yet. We coud assume that in the orokin era all the warframes were primes and even the weapons were what we call Prime variants.

Maybe people that have a Prime weapon or warframe is what randomly triggers it. The boltor prime is a MR2 weapon so it is possible for newbies to see the message. a war message from the sentients to the old enemy.

I had volt prime in my arsenal when I got this message, is there anyone who got this message and wasn't teamed up with a prime user/holder?

If the sentients are indeed the ones creating the message...could it be linked to PRIME warframes?

By what we know, Primes are actual pieces of Orokin technology. So the old war was fought with the Prime Warframes and Prime weapons. It doesn't link to Mirage's quest, but maybe it's because DE hasn't released her Primed version yet. We coud assume that in the orokin era all the warframes were primes and even the weapons were what we call Prime variants.

Maybe people that have a Prime weapon or warframe is what randomly triggers it. The boltor prime is a MR2 weapon so it is possible for newbies to see the message. a war message from the sentients to the old enemy.

I had volt prime in my arsenal when I got this message, is there anyone who got this message and wasn't teamed up with a prime user/holder?

All Warframes are Orokin technology and it's not linked to Primes. I got it when i was enjoying my Valkyr skin and another time when i was leveling Atlas.

From what I can see and understand, this is what it says:

-

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected, origin unknown, suspect 'tracking signal'.* (I think there may be a tracking device/signal attempting to locate the Orbiter/Carrier)

Reinitiating dipolar connection on naval carrier*. (Tenno Orbiter?)

Bow in standby for sync check and sync. (After seeing the docking animation, i think this refers to the front docking port.)

Motion compensation complete.

Selenic* lensing locked. (*Selenic has two meanings, the moon and Selenium. Considering the Orokin moon-base, I think the prior. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/selenic)

Somatic* control established. (*Somatic is of the body, and can relate to the bodily control from the spine. May relate to concious control of the ship, but the Liset or the Orbiter/Carrier? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic)

Margolies* implantation intact. (*Margolies is a hebrew surname/word meaning pearl, maybe this is a small transmitter?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margolies)

'Ehvm'* status nominal. (*Not certain what this is: ehvm? ehvn? Google turned up this when i searched EVM https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earned_value_management)

War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet 'amachel' (angel?)

-

Edited by Jurak

From what I can see and understand, this is what it says:

-

Void Link Severed

Reason foreign carrier detected, origin unknown, suspect 'tracking signal'.* (I think there may be a tracking device/signal attempting to locate the Orbiter/Carrier)

Reinitiating dipolar connection on naval carrier*. (Tenno Orbiter?)

Bow in standby for sync check and sync. (After seeing the docking animation, i think this refers to the front docking port.)

Motion compensation complete.

Selenic* lensing locked. (*Selenic has two meanings, the moon and Selenium. Considering the Orokin moon-base, I think the prior. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/selenic)

Somatic* control established. (*Somatic is of the body, and can relate to the bodily control from the spine. May relate to concious control of the ship, but the Liset or the Orbiter/Carrier? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic)

Margolies* implantation intact. (*Margolies is a hebrew surname/word meaning pearl, maybe this is a small transmitter?) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margolies)

'Ehvm'* status nominal. (*Not certain what this is: ehvm? ehvn? Google turned up this when i searched EVM https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earned_value_management)

War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet 'amachel' (angel?)

-

I personally think its more related to frames since DE confirmed that the message is related to what are tenno.

I personally think its more related to frames since DE confirmed that the message is related to what are tenno.

Certinatly possible, indeed the Somatic Control could directly reference the Warframes.

Also, it has become clear to me that the Tenno are operators of Warframes.

From what we know, the 'frames are copies based on originals, and are contructed to be used by the Operators.

What is further, the originals were twisted people, possibly humans, sent in to the void for the sake of science.

Read Ember's codex entry, and listen to Vor.

Speaking of Vor, he mentions this:

• "We've been wrong all this time. Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno ARE that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light."

This may be taken in several ways, but the core concept remains clear. The Tenno control any warframe they have access to.

However, the question is how do they control them? If they/we are pure energy, then there are many possibilites.

I think this is a key to how Warframes work, and finnaly a message to settle all the debates.

How i interpert it:

Warframes/=/ Tenno.

Might have been said before but here's my reasoning: Tenno are beings who control Warframes via implanting their conciousness into Warframes, now this theory suggests that, the game breaks the fourth wall, as the conciousness is, well US. We "implant" our conciousness into Warframes.

A while ago we learned that Orokin used to implant their conciusness into Ancient Healers who could be some first Warframe prototypes for all we know.

And this is important why you ask? Because the void link is actually our connection to the game. Once its cut we can no longer play/control the frame. Now Warframes, they are most likely a dead biomass which doesn't dissolve. But we are able to implant our conciousness into it.

Further more i believe that sentients controlling Chroma are supporting this theory, since they used him as a puppet.

Our connection to the Moon? I think that Luna acts as a Portal, between the Void and Our Universe.

I believe this is just a fancy way of saying, an error occured while hinting at the lore.

I think this is a key to how Warframes work, and finnaly a message to settle all the debates.

How i interpert it:

Warframes/=/ Tenno.

Might have been said before but here's my reasoning: Tenno are beings who control Warframes via implanting their conciousness into Warframes, now this theory suggests that, the game breaks the fourth wall, as the conciousness is, well US. We "implant" our conciousness into Warframes.

A while ago we learned that Orokin used to implant their conciusness into Ancient Healers who could be some first Warframe prototypes for all we know.

And this is important why you ask? Because the void link is actually our connection to the game. Once its cut we can no longer play/control the frame. Now Warframes, they are most likely a dead biomass which doesn't dissolve. But we are able to implant our conciousness into it.

Further more i believe that sentients controlling Chroma are supporting this theory, since they used him as a puppet.

Our connection to the Moon? I think that Luna acts as a Portal, between the Void and Our Universe.

I believe this is just a fancy way of saying, an error occured while hinting at the lore.

Cephalon... forgot his name, it was in one of those Relay codex entries i believe. I might be mistaken though.

If the Neural Sentry is anything to go by, then this would make some sense!

Also, do you mean Jordas or Sumaris?

Edited by Jurak

Cephalon... forgot his name, it was in one of those Relay codex entries i believe. I might be mistaken though.

You're probably thinking about the Corrupted Ancient Synthesis. However there's two fairly big things wrong with your idea:

1) The Ancient Healers in that were created by the Infestation consuming a Lorist, which was another one of the Orokin slave races, not the Orokin themselves. Lorist Ontella noted that the Healers being sent against her were "my sister, the healer, remade as monster".

2) The C. Ancient Synthesis comes AFTER the Tenno's Betrayal and probably after the Fall of the Empire. We know this because when Lorist Ontella brings up the Tenno to Dax Menz, Menz responds with "the betrayers" which was the title - first heard used in-game by the Corpus - we gained after we turned on the Orokin and slaughtered the Empire's leaders as per Stalker's Codex.

Edited by Morec0

I think you're referring to the Ancient Healer synthesis. That is not what that entry was about. It was about a Lorist(Orokin creation specialized in healing) looking for her sister because she still felt her presence. She found her but the sister was Infested and was now an Ancient Healer.

-ninja'd by Morec0-

Edited by EmptyDevil

You're probably thinking about the Corrupted Ancient Synthesis. However there's two fairly big things wrong with your idea:

1) The Ancient Healers in that were created by the Infestation consuming a Lorist, which was another one of the Orokin slave races, not the Orokin themselves. Lorist Ontella noted that the Healers being sent against her were "my sister, the healer, remade as monster".

2) The C. Ancient Synthesis comes AFTER the Tenno's Betrayal and probably after the Fall of the Empire. We know this because when Lorist Ontella brings up the Tenno to Dax Menz, Menz responds with "the betrayers" which was the title - first heard used in-game by the Corpus - we gained after we turned on the Orokin and slaughtered the Empire's leaders as per Stalker's Codex.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's been a while since i read that. Still none of this contradicts with the my idea of Tenno, could we debunk that if we can? The theory i spat out a few moments ago really does work well with the lore we've been given.

I think you're referring to the Ancient Healer synthesis. That is not what that entry was about. It was about a Lorist(Orokin creation specialized in healing) looking for her sister because she still felt her presence. She found her but the sister was Infested and was now an Ancient Healer.

-ninja'd by Morec0-

Both of you responded incredibly fast.

Thanks for pointing that out, it's been a while since i read that. Still none of this contradicts with the my idea of Tenno, could we debunk that if we can? The theory i spat out a few moments ago really does work well with the lore we've been given.

Both of you responded incredibly fast.

The issue with this is that during a previous AMA Steve said he didn't like to break the Fourth Wall (when asked about the Limbo Theorem quest ending dialogue) and if the Warframes ARE being controlled remotely by someone then it completely removes ANY of the threat that is meant to be conveyed during the Vor's Prize tutorial. Aside from the fact that we were just waking up from our sleep within the Warframe in that, if we could just unplug ourselves at any point from that Warframe and be totally fine Lotus would have had us do so - it's the Tenno she cared about, not the Warframe.

There is also ZERO evidence to suggest that the Void is any kind of link between the Warframe universe and our universe, as well as the fact that the Tenno COME FROM WITHIN the Real Space of Warframe universe - Ember Codex, Excalibur Codex. 

The issue with this is that during a previous AMA Steve said he didn't like to break the Fourth Wall (when asked about the Limbo Theorem quest ending dialogue) and if the Warframes ARE being controlled remotely by someone then it completely removes ANY of the threat that is meant to be conveyed during the Vor's Prize tutorial. Aside from the fact that we were just waking up from our sleep within the Warframe in that, if we could just unplug ourselves at any point from that Warframe and be totally fine Lotus would have had us do so - it's the Tenno she cared about, not the Warframe.

There is also ZERO evidence to suggest that the Void is any kind of link between the Warframe universe and our universe, as well as the fact that the Tenno COME FROM WITHIN the Real Space of Warframe universe - Ember Codex, Excalibur Codex.

There would be danger though, as the Tenno only implant their conciousness while still feeling pain and such given that the body is fully functional and only needs something to operate it. Let's take the 4th wall breaking out of here since it's easier to explain it via ingame entities. While one body is implanted with conciousness i believe that it can't really be just plugged in and out, that'd be too simple, there must be some sort of aid given from the arsenal. Think of it like this: The Tenno is trapped in a Warframe untill he decides to go back to the arsenal where he can freely pick Warframes, there is no telling if the concioiusness can last on its own as we are never shown without a Warframe on us. And when i said our universe i refered to the Warframe Material Universe, excuse me for that.