Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Stalker

Qynchou

Could you please make him to not be immortal? Literally immortal?

I have 2 different elemental damage types and he gets resistance to both. His shield literally does not go down. I can pump 2000 bullets with my supra into his shield and it wont even move, not a pixel.

How exactly is this supposed to be challenging when hes literally immortal? Damage numbers say 6 per bullet but his shield doesnt move a pixel after 5 minutes of spraying.

Absolutely terrible design where when a player encounters him hes supposed to just die quicker so the stalker would f**k off and the player can continue playing.

Could you please make him to not be immortal? Literally immortal?

I have 2 different elemental damage types and he gets resistance to both. His shield literally does not go down. I can pump 2000 bullets with my supra into his shield and it wont even move, not a pixel.

How exactly is this supposed to be challenging when hes literally immortal? Damage numbers say 6 per bullet but his shield doesnt move a pixel after 5 minutes of spraying.

Absolutely terrible design where when a player encounters him hes supposed to just die quicker so the stalker would f**k off and the player can continue playing.

Ran into him yesterday when I was on Nekros with a Synoid Gammacar that had like.... 2 mods in it, maybe. I was able to beat him (in part due to help from my teammates, of course). I didn't feel terribly threatened by him, though. I just kept dodging, running, and shooting.

I pray for your soul, you're about to get some nasty replies from the "git gud" crowd. I agree though, getting used to damage is bullS#&$.

Its not even that. My weapons are absolutely decked out with different elemental loadouts, multiple formas on everything. His attacks are easy to dodge, hes actually easier than before in terms of mechanics since the old stalker had a beastly dread and hate. Only problem was the old stalker was too squishy.

So how does the damage resistance work?

I thought it worked that once he picks up 1 resistance, you can switch out to another but he cant be resistant to more than 1 weapon/damage set at a time

Like if your primary is puncture and corrosion, he is immune to those damage types and ultimately that weapon

but if your secondary is mostly impact and blast or something, he switches from puncture and corrosion to impact and blast

Not sure if you completed the second dream quest. Id love to see you kill the stalker in 2-3 hits with a bow though.

That actually isnt too unrealistic

as I think its the number of shots he takes, not necessarily damage. I was able to shoot the new stalker with 1 arrow and do more damage than my squad combined. I couldnt test it further because the marked player was killed

So how does the damage resistance work?

I thought it worked that once he picks up 1 resistance, you can switch out to another but he cant be resistant to more than 1 weapon/damage set at a time

Like if your primary is puncture and corrosion, he is immune to those damage types and ultimately that weapon

but if your secondary is mostly impact and blast or something, he switches from puncture and corrosion to impact and blast

I'm not sure myself, but from the times i fought him i was under the impression his resistance does not reset when switching elements, and as such going, say, corrosive+cold, then radiation+toxin, does not mean that when he's adapted to rad+toxin he'll take normal damage from the former combo.

I should really get a simulacrum key.

Afaik he adapts to physical damages completely and they do not reset. Elementals have a time period after which they reset. This is assuming his resistances work the same as Sentients though.

Also just encountered him today and my magnetic Lanka (was doing solo Europa Spy) took half his hp in a single shot and he gained resistance automatically after the hit. I just switched to my corrosive+heat Kama Prime and he went down after 2 combos without ever adapting to them.

Overall I found him way easier than before (dat Dread+Hate mang).