The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Melee Weapon For Primed Reach?

Clyf0rd

Question

Hi there,

I'm looking for a melee weapon for my Wukong and I've been wondering which ones take the most advantage of primed reach? I've read that orthos prime has the highest base range but I'm afraid it might fall off in late game. Any thoughts?

18 answers to this question

As was stated by other Tenno - the range, and which weapon, you choose for something like a Primed Reach can effect things depending on abilities of a frame ( you're asking about Wukong, but other frames like Valkyr and Excalibur's fourth abilities use melee mods as modifiers ).  For 'just a weapon', Orthos, Galatine, etc. are all good choices, as is something like the Mios ( once the throw vs. charge thing is fixed, per Steve during the last Dev Stream ), as with those type of weapons, it increases the range of the 'whip', in addition to whatever base swing increase that you get - the whip range winding up being something like 40m when maxed ( will need to check a wiki / source, or if anyone else knows the exact number ).

Edited by Ishixia

Everything falls off late game...(partially true, status weapons could actually scale of like forever but that's a different discussion).

Primed reach isnt worth it on most weapons... no, not the tipedo.. or tonbo or the nikanas...certainly not the nun chucks NOT EVEN THE GALATINE... who the hell thought slapping primed reach mod on weapons with barely 2 meters of range is a good idea? 

Really the only weapons worth prime reaching is the orthos prime, atterax, lacera/mios(only the whip part tho, the blade reach is crap)... possibly the Kit Kat hammer

Edited by KuroNekoXlll

Of course I'm looking for range, but I think I should've been more precise. I'd like to put some crit mods and throw a life strike as well, since I like the idea of using primal fury for life steal. I'm mainly looking for a melee weapon to mod for my Wukong but if the weapon itself can benefit from primed reach and those other mods, that would be great.

Of course I'm looking for range, but I think I should've been more precise. I'd like to put some crit mods and throw a life strike as well, since I like the idea of using primal fury for life steal. I'm mainly looking for a melee weapon to mod for my Wukong but if the weapon itself can benefit from primed reach and those other mods, that would be great.

Atterax is an obscure crit based weapon with higher range than the orthos prime perfect if you plan on putting crit mods and primed reach n S#&$

#800posts

go me!

Edited by KuroNekoXlll

if you're using wukong's primal fury then the weapon itself doesn't matter. The weapon is just a shell to carry mods for primal fury which has its own base stats. If you have a weapon that you use for excal's exalted blade then just use that one you pretty much mod them the same, just slap on a primed reach.

if you're using wukong's primal fury then the weapon itself doesn't matter. The weapon is just a shell to carry mods for primal fury which has its own base stats. If you have a weapon that you use for excal's exalted blade then just use that one you pretty much mod them the same, just slap on a primed reach.

I know about that thanks. I'm just wondering if there's a weapon that could benefit from primed reach + crit build since I don't like the idea of just taking a random melee weapon to stack mods only for Wukong.

Edited by Clyf0rd

Nevermind, havent's seen second post.

Arent dual zorens to-go weapon for crits? Reach can be nice on them

Zorens haven't been the go-to crit weapon for, like, two years now. They're still nice to use, but there are far better options out there (that will actually see a substantial difference in range with Primed Reach).

OT:

For long-ranged crit weapons, the Scindo Prime and War are fantastic. Atterax seems like a really good choice as well, although in my experience whips have always had very, very finicky hitboxes (along with unimpressive range on slide attacks).

Tipedo might be worth looking into as well.

But, if you're looking for a weapon to use with Excal/Valkyr/Wukong, I'd recommend you find a weapon that does something that the ult can't already accomplish. For example, Excal's Exalted Blade isn't the best at hitting widely-spaced enemies around you (and its slam attack range isn't too hot either), so something like the Orthos Prime or Jat Kittag would make up for this nicely. I haven't used Wukong yet, but try to pick a weapon with this in mind.

Edited by SortaRandom

Alright, I've been trying Atterax tonight and I have to admit it was a really good surprise. I'm gonna try to adapt my Scindo Prime/Tipedo builds with Primed Reach to see what it's worth too. Thanks for your help guys. :)

Edited by Clyf0rd