Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I At Least Expect Changes In Distant Future?

Vesrand

Year ago i left warframe because i suddenly found out that there is no good pvp in warframe. So i'm coming back to ask if there is hope for some changes.

By saying good pvp i mean something like ranked 3v3 arena with ladder. Without this stupid conclaive restriction that makes all this pve farm meaningless. This should be team fights that require much tactical planning. Plenty viable bulds and tactics that uses different combinations of warframes, weapons, mods and arena environment. And ofcourse every tactic is not universal and should be countered by another tactic.

Please tell me if one day something like that will be added in warframe or there is no such possibility and i can stop reading patch notes, uninstall warframe and go play some korean mmorpg where i can farm some equip and then go pew pew players?

P.S. And again about conclaive system. Tell me why would i want to farm all this prime parts and mods if i can't use them in competitive game? Just for fun? Is there any fun in boring farm? Really? I dont get it. Anyway if i would like just to play shooter game without any rpg i'd play counter strike instead

If you haven't played in a year, then yes, PVP has changed quite a bit.  Most of the PvE mods don't work in PvP anymore and PvP has its own set of mods for the most part.  There is no PvP ladder ranking system or whatever, and I serously doubt there ever will be.  This game is not PvP focused and never will be, PvP was never even supposed to be part of it. 

That said, the PvP in game has improved quite a bit though.  Though personally hardly ever play it, because I don't play Warframe for PvP, if I want to play against other people I go play other games. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I mean yeah... But as the guy above said, it isn't intended to be one of those games... I guess that isn't really an answer though.

Also, my question to you is: Be honest, you've been off for far more than a year, right? The reason I ask is because the system you have described is ancient over a year ago history. Conclave rating still exists but only limits you for things like tactical alerts not PVP anymore. PVP received its own area on the ship where players can select from 1 of 3 modes (More to be added most likely) which are essentially TDM, FFA and Capture the Flag. These modes are no longer limited by conclave but are still limited on gear you can use.

The entire point of the conclave system was not to out balance lower levelled players or be ridiculously over powered, but they through that away from PVP and decided to instead give a limited list of gear you can use which has a completely different set of stats for PVP. They are quite quickly adding more weapons and frames into PVP. The reason they are taking time over this is to make it a completely separate experience which is almost 100% balanced, they even reduced the mods to just utility mods such as silenced weapons and extended mags so that you couldn't just DPS people to the ground.

Evidently I am not an avid PVP player myself, but the system actually works really well!!!

PS: Whenever they add a weapon or frame into PVP, any variants of that weapon or frame prime or not prime get added at the same time with slighty better stats.

Waiiiiit... I just re read your post, because why not? You "suddenly found out" that the game had no good PVP and then left? What did you do until then!? *Slow Clap*

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

You can return to whatever game you are playing. Dont expect Warframe to have any sort of ranked game something any time soon. We dont even have servers for PvP, let alone ranked. 

We dont need ranked anyway. That thing only breeds toxicity.

I partially agree with above comments. I want to add that, while the game isn't pvp-centric, Conclave IS part of the game, just like Survival, Spy and Exterminate and has improved a lot. I recomend you checking out, Warframe PvP is not perfect, but it's a great and different experience compared to other MMOs

Ok i've got your answers. Thanks to everyone.

Well i know about this new system from patch notes. May be i'll try it but i still dont like that they limited gear and mods.

Or may be i'll just wait another year or two and then come back to ask that same question)

Waiiiiit... I just re read your post, because why not? You "suddenly found out" that the game had no good PVP and then left? What did you do until then!? *Slow Clap*

Lol. Haha. You've got me.
Well actually I was thinking about what will be better in pvp and farming my 3 to 5 times polarized items: rhino, boltor prime, marelok, death cube with prime laser rifle. With all mods leveled to maximum. Idea was that death cube will strike with high speed and high chance to freeze enemies so i can easily land hits with my boltor prime that has some magnetic to get down shields quickly. I spend many days looking at wikipedia for mods and weapons thinking only about their pvp application, combining them in warframe calculators, calculating stats, thinking about situations where i will face different warframes and how i will act to counter their abilities.

Then when i was finally happy with my build i went out to see where i can blow up some players and then oops: nowhere! Lol i couldn't even enter highest level dueling arena without unequipping some of my gear.

So i was kinda disappointed.

Ok i've got your answers. Thanks to everyone.

Well i know about this new system from patch notes. May be i'll try it but i still dont like that they limited gear and mods.

Or may be i'll just wait another year or two and then come back to ask that same question)

Lol. Haha. You've got me.

Well actually I was thinking about what will be better in pvp and farming my 3 to 5 times polarized items: rhino, boltor prime, marelok, death cube with prime laser rifle. With all mods leveled to maximum. Idea was that death cube will strike with high speed and high chance to freeze enemies so i can easily land hits with my boltor prime that has some magnetic to get down shields quickly. I spend many days looking at wikipedia for mods and weapons thinking only about their pvp application, combining them in warframe calculators, calculating stats, thinking about situations where i will face different warframes and how i will act to counter their abilities.

Then when i was finally happy with my build i went out to see where i can blow up some players and then oops: nowhere! Lol i couldn't even enter highest level dueling arena without unequipping some of my gear.

So i was kinda disappointed.

Go wave your $&*^ around somewhere else. This is conclave, which rewards skill, not a mindless input of time.

Go wave your $&*^ around somewhere else. This is conclave, which rewards skill, not a mindless input of time.

As i said in my 1st post:

"This should be team fights that require much tactical planning. Plenty viable bulds and tactics that uses different combinations of warframes, weapons, mods and arena environment. And ofcourse every tactic is not universal and should be countered by another tactic."

So this should require some thinking process which also can be considered as skill. Just another kind of skill. Skill of thinking and planning which you obviously lack judging by your post.

And again thanks to everyone else who gave me constructive replies. I think i'll give this new system a try.

Not sure if you knew, but the devs plan on adding ALL the frames and weapons,,,,eventually. The mods will probably never all be added, it just creates too much disparity say you have maxed serration vitality steel fiber redirection so then the poor new guy will have no chance since you one shot him and he can barely hurt you. I think for the most part they will stick to adding more conclave specific mods with a few conclave mods usable in pve and a few pve mods usable in conclave

Not sure if you knew, but the devs plan on adding ALL the frames and weapons,,,,eventually. The mods will probably never all be added, it just creates too much disparity say you have maxed serration vitality steel fiber redirection so then the poor new guy will have no chance since you one shot him and he can barely hurt you. I think for the most part they will stick to adding more conclave specific mods with a few conclave mods usable in pve and a few pve mods usable in conclave

I didn't knew.

Well lets take wow arena as example of great competitive tournament like discipline. The exact same result as you described awaits new leveled player if he enters arena in wow. Well its not like 1shot but he will have no chance. So after leveling up but before going to arena player must farm some equip. Nothing wrong with it.

Btw. I did some research and found this article: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/2V2_PVP

It says "As of 9/8/13, DE staff actively removes all threads/posts mentioning the 2v2 PVP game mode."

But may be that means that someday they will implement something like this.

Oh wait... I just doomed my thread...

P.S. And again about conclaive system. Tell me why would i want to farm all this prime parts and mods if i can't use them in competitive game? Just for fun? Is there any fun in boring farm? Really? I dont get it. Anyway if i would like just to play shooter game without any rpg i'd play counter strike instead

Because in a truly competitive game your likelihood to win is affected by how good you are, not how good your in-game character is.

I know, sounds outlandish.

I didn't knew.

Well lets take wow arena as example of great competitive tournament like discipline. The exact same result as you described awaits new leveled player if he enters arena in wow. Well its not like 1shot but he will have no chance. So after leveling up but before going to arena player must farm some equip. Nothing wrong with it.

Btw. I did some research and found this article: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/2V2_PVP

It says "As of 9/8/13, DE staff actively removes all threads/posts mentioning the 2v2 PVP game mode."

But may be that means that someday they will implement something like this.

Oh wait... I just doomed my thread...

the pvp section of the wikia is not maintained by the wikia admins, and is mostly outdated, that section you readed refers to what pvp was before conclave 2.0, which was launched at the beggining of this year, for the current thing you can look at 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Conclave

but like i said, it is mostly outdated