The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Too Easy

GeometryWarrior

Yes, they are too easy for what they are supposed to be. I don't even bother to search for a decent team for them. Your average random pub teams, usually half useless (very low MR/ low level frames/weapons), so far were enough to do them all on the first try.

Doing 4 rounds on Draco with a random pub team can be far harder at times depending on the usefulness level of your random teammates. And 60 minutes T3 or T4 survival is definitely harder.

And what's that with "endgame content" and MR4? Seriously DE just raise the MR requirements to something that is reasonable (MR12 maybe?) and the difficulty to around that of nightmare alerts + the additional modifiers like elemental resistance and so on.

Useless? I smell an elitist here. If you actually new anything, you'd know MR means nothing. I know an MR 9 that knows very little about the game. 

I remember a pair of challenging and funny events: interception with big swords only restriction and high lvl enemies, 75 manics extermination with decreased energy and when our power strength time after time got lesser. And i just dream of seeing something like this again and sometimes. But i'm sure it's not an every day thing

Everytime someone tells me that something is too easy i ask the same question

"what do you plan to do to make it harder without removing parts of gameplay"

I havent yet heard an answer.

Yes its too @(*()$ easy and you cant do S#&$ about it cause theres cc.

Ill end that with this quote which nicely sums up situation

"Whatever happens, we have got The Maxim gun, and they have not."

Edited by Davoodoo

I agree that they're often too easy for what they should be (and no, I don't play Loki or Valkyr or whatevercheeseframe. I usually solo Sorties with Banshee, Ember or Frost.) But I will also admit I'm not sure how DE could present us with a good, consistent challenge that doesn't involve beefing mobs into bullet sponges or taking away our space magic. Maybe a modifier that grants enemies moderate to strong resistance to CC abilities? Can we have boss fights, I wouldn't mind OP bosses with bullet sponge health, CC resistance that bounces all over the place? 

I get excited everyday since sorties came out. The first few days were amazing, with a difficulty that you cant get without wasting a bunch of time in a survival or defense. After a few hotfixes, i feel like the sorties are too easy now.

I would like to see weapon restrictions at least once a day, and at least one of the missions be an "endless" type mission (Survival, defense, excavation). More nullifiers, more bombards, more manics, more ancient healers, more elemental damage and resistance, the works. Make sorties fun again.

I would say... don't stick to the meta. If you want a challenge when you see that there are requirements and conditions don't go to the "go to" items in the game. If you see augmented armour, don't go to CP, if you have an overpowered weapon/mod suited for x enemy, don't use it.

The other thing I would say is that there is nothing stopping you going into a sortie with one weapon. In terms of difficulty it is best to look at sorties as a canvass atm. If you see that there are requirements and conditions you can make it more interesting by the loadout that you choose it is absolutely possible.

Maybe every sortie should have a maximum conclave rating.

For me personally my issue is not the difficulty of the sorties (for reasons mentioned above) it is the rewards but DE are brainstorming on solutions to that so I will wait until the change is implemented.

I like the difficulty for them where it's at.

That's the neat thing about opinions.

Woah, aren't you worried you might get labeled as a... casul? Your reputation is everything on the internet. 

Personally, I think Sorties are too easy. We should only be able to do them with unranked skanas and unranked frames. Then it might be a challenge, but I don't know... I'm pretty gud. 

Woah, aren't you worried you might get labeled as a... casul? Your reputation is everything on the internet. 

Personally, I think Sorties are too easy. We should only be able to do them with unranked skanas and unranked frames. Then it might be a challenge, but I don't know... I'm pretty gud. 

elitism? where?

Edited by eminiclam

I still feel some people just need to take a break every now and then.

I still can't even touch Sorties for the most part. If DE makes them any harder we'll have the Everquest Effect.

Basically what happened is a top raiding guild kept calling all new content "too easy" that they "finished it too quickly" even though they made up less than 1% of the total gaming audience. So the devs listened to them, of course, and kept increasing the difficulty of new raids. However, this was never truly "difficult" for the raiding guild because Everquest raiding was literally -all they did-. Eventually new players couldn't even touch the difficulty scope of the 'end game' content because it was set on such a high demand AND the veteran players left because it was still "too easy".

Moral of the story: Don't listen to a game's elite members who constantly bray for difficulty.

Finally, someone says it. This is exactly what I see happening to Warframe, first with Trials, now with Sorties. Seriously, if the "veteran" player has played so much, for so long that nothing is challenging: Go outside. Get some sunshine.

I still feel some people just need to take a break every now and then.

I still can't even touch Sorties for the most part. If DE makes them any harder we'll have the Everquest Effect.

Basically what happened is a top raiding guild kept calling all new content "too easy" that they "finished it too quickly" even though they made up less than 1% of the total gaming audience. So the devs listened to them, of course, and kept increasing the difficulty of new raids. However, this was never truly "difficult" for the raiding guild because Everquest raiding was literally -all they did-. Eventually new players couldn't even touch the difficulty scope of the 'end game' content because it was set on such a high demand AND the veteran players left because it was still "too easy".

Moral of the story: Don't listen to a game's elite members who constantly bray for difficulty.

You assume that only 1% must think its too easy, therefore you say that we shouldnt listen to everyone who thinks its too easy.

Thats called false equivalence.

If 1% asks for something yea sure, you havent however ever proved that only 1% thinks its too easy, from what i see many think its too easy.

Also youre faulty of thinking that player ability comes out of skill when in reality gear does players job in warframe.

Edited by Davoodoo

its veteran /end game, Mastery level 4 is too low requirement to begin with, should be 15+ imo

I'd consider myself a vet sitting at 2.5k hours on steam, and I only got MR 12 to use Syndicate primaries... MR grinding is the single worst part of this game. We don't need more of it.

On topic, I think some sorties are too easy, while others feel cheap. I have had to solo the last week or so of sorties, and one I remember being particularly frustrating was a assault rifle only excavation with augmented enemy armor. Killing anything, even with my Latron Wraith, became a chore as early as level 80. I ended up having to drop ammo restores for one of the most ammo efficient guns in the game just to keep my ammo from hitting 0. Enemies taking dozens of shots to kill and making running out for ammo instant death for your excavator isn't challenging. It's frustrating. Also extreme cold is really annoying in general.

Occasionally though there will be stuff like increased enemy damage in spy missions. What's the point of that? Recently they had dense fog on a spy setup I hadn't seen before. That makes more sense. The mission type and the condition need to gel better to offer a challenging experience.

Edited by JuanDeages

if you see augmented armour, don't go to CP

I'd rather take CP and kill any semblance of "fun" I could have by going against the meta than listen to all the kiddies whine about how it's "required" to take CP against level 100 grineer as they shoot their barely modded weapons at them.