The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bought A New Pc For 2000+ $ And It Runs Warframe Worse Then My 5 Year Old

HUmar

Question

Hi, I bought a new PC a week ago, and some how it runs Warframe at 20 fps even on the lowest settings.

My rig is :

Intel Core i5 4690k 3.5GHz

16GB Ram

Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 3

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 - OGS Overclocked

750W Power Suply

I installed all the latest Drivers + I un parked all my cores and its build by one of the most well known Gaming PC building companies of the Netherlands

So to be honest I have no clue what to do? Any suggestions? It has Windows 10 Installed, no clue if there are any problems with it

My last computer always ran Warframe at 60fps but its 5 years old and I had it on for 5 years even while sleeping so I had to replace it :p

Edited by HUmar

20 answers to this question

The hardware should be able to handle it just fine. Check your cpu temp is okay in case the cpu cooler came broken. Double check you have the right graphics driver installed (I would do a manual +  clean install).

Some PC companies give you builds with tons of pre-installed manufacturer programs, one of which may be causing a conflict. You can try clean installing Windows 10 to remove any bloating (will ensure a fresh driver install too).

Oh, and flash the BIOS.

...or just complain to their CS department. Is the problem specific to WF or all games?

Edit: Check DirectX is installed properly.

Edited by Darzk

First thing I checked I put it on 120 with Vsync off

Also I checked how hot my computer got while running warframe and it was 25C which is extreamly cold I had games run at 65C :p (old computer)

did you checked in both game settings and the graphics card's drivers setting?

also, do you have this problem in other games?

I built mine for $1500, i54590, 8 gig ram, Galax 970 EX OC, H97 Gaming mobo and a cx600 power supply and i have had no issues at all, can have a few firefox tabs open, ts going and music in the back ground....  the build you have should smash it.  

Do you have the monitor running through the graphics card or the mobo?  Had a few issues briefly when my wife had plugged the monitors in as had used them with my ps4 so they were unplugged, could not understand why everything was running so badly.  After a quick check and then plugging monitors into the correct locations everything was fine in the world again.

It pains me to hear that someone spent that kind of money for a prebuilt system. I understand not everyone wants to build their own, but man it would have saved you like 800-1000 dollars...

On an actual technical note, if you go into advanced options for power settings there should be a tab labeled "processor" make sure it says 100%. That setting directly controls max CPU usage so if its not at 100% it could be crippling the system.

And honestly the in game settings really shouldn't make a difference with this rig. The Evolution engine is supremely well optimized, and runs really really well on even very old systems.

And honestly the in game settings really shouldn't make a difference with this rig. The Evolution engine is supremely well optimized, and runs really really well on even very old systems.

Pre U18: YES, post U18: NO.  I have a 980TI + i7, I've been building my own PCs for 15 years (so yeah I plugged it in right).  Pre U18, I could pull 300+ fps in the void no problem -- post U18, I'm lucky if it hits 60, frequently dropping to 40-ish.  

OP: I wouldn't worry about your rig, just sit tight and wait for DE to figure out what broke.

Pre U18: YES, post U18: NO.  I have a 980TI + i7, I've been building my own PCs for 15 years (so yeah I plugged it in right).  Pre U18, I could pull 300+ fps in the void no problem -- post U18, I'm lucky if it hits 60, frequently dropping to 40-ish.  

OP: I wouldn't worry about your rig, just sit tight and wait for DE to figure out what broke.

I did notice some stuttering here and there but has since been resolved. I dont know where there would be a massive slowdown though. I thought maybe a PBR update did you in but IIRC the void had that done a while ago, and no other graphical changes have happened since, strange indeed.

I run a 5820k @ 4.3 and a 780gtx with Reshade and a ton of effects, and I am constantly locked at 60 fps, so very puzzling indeed that your suffering that bad.

It pains me to hear that someone spent that kind of money for a prebuilt system. I understand not everyone wants to build their own, but man it would have saved you like 800-1000 dollars...

On an actual technical note, if you go into advanced options for power settings there should be a tab labeled "processor" make sure it says 100%. That setting directly controls max CPU usage so if its not at 100% it could be crippling the system.

My father just recently purchased a computer for me and even though I have consistently built them I opted to buy an alienware at about $1,500.

RIght now I have to turn my current computer on via the mobo, and even bumping it gives me a BSoD. It's a good computer but when I first got the pieces from new egg, the mobo was dead and then when I returned it they tried to not refund me because there were "bent pins on the cpu socket" Needless to say I got an exchange after fuming at the poor CS person.

Point of the story being, sometimes you'd rather pay more, the system I am getting has 4 year coverage for any and everything, acidental or otherwise. If I was paying for it myself I'd scrape by but that is because I do not have over 1k to drop on a computer. I cannibalize parts from old ones etc.

If you can buy it pre built, I mean, the warranty alone makes it very attractive and a reasonable option.

Keep in mind the parts will probably be refurbished but hey, you have a waranty for a reason.