Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Freezing Very Frequently, Game Is Entirely Unplayable Since U18.

SamuraiPizza

This started happening since U18 hit. At first the crashes were infrequent and I thought they were one off incidents. But yesterday and today the game has remained largely unplayable.

Description of crash: complete freeze accompanied by buzzing noise. Every time it ends up completely locking up and forces me to hard reset.

I googled this but all the fixes seem to be from a year ago or so. Nevertheless I attempted those solutions:

1) Optimize download cache

2) Update graphics drivers

3) Even reinstall the full game

The game has crashed on me for the third time today.  I could post the EE.log file if that helps. 

Specs:

Dell XPS L502X laptop

Intel i7

nVidia GeForce GT540M (Old card I know...but worked JUST fine until U18 came)

4 GB RAM

Windows 10

Another note: Two out of the three crashes today happened when I entered the Steel Meridian room on the Mercury Hub. Any help in the matter would be helpful.

Edited by Legion216

Description of crash: complete freeze accompanied by buzzing noise. Every time it ends up completely locking up and forces me to hard reset.

Based on your description it sounds like this could possibly be a TDR crash. Do you happen to use v-sync or the "max framerate" option (via. display settings)? Would recommend trying a lower framerate setting, and if you still crash then please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log.

Hub related crashes may also be related to loading in other player's decorations, this might also sometimes get 'ran out of video memory' errors. I have seen those discussed on the forums as well. Slow fps before the crash could suggest a driver issue or that the game is communicating poorly with the driver. If it is a TDR crash, it could be a common issue with Nvidia's current driver series as Google searches show a good number of similar issues with other modern engine games.

Based on your description it sounds like this could possibly be a TDR crash. Do you happen to use v-sync or the "max framerate" option (via. display settings)? Would recommend trying a lower framerate setting, and if you still crash then please submit a support ticket to us with a copy of your EE.log.

Well I actually cap the framerate to 30 FPS and disable Vsync. I have sent two crash logs already, I will send in a third report with support ticket this afternoon. 

the forced log out after mission keep bothering, and im sure its not just me this have going on before u18 hit...also random freezes/fps drops

I had this one for a while, ultimately it went away on its own. What I noticed tho is when i tried to optimize cache not long ago this issue came back for about 2 hours then went away again.

I have a massive fps drop in Orokin Void at any endless mission after 30 minutes survival or defence. Problem is, I've played a lot and I've never had anything like that before u18. And this only occurs in the Void. Something is definitely messed up.