Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha First Impressions.

ClockworkSpectre

So I have spent a few hours playing him, he is a fun frame but there are some issues with him. 

First, Warding Halo when active is kind of an eye sore and extremely annoying when you zoom/aim.  It is a pretty nasty obstruction.  Otherwise it is a great ability.  Also, it doesn't seem to be as strong as iron skin for those that worried about that. 

Second, the animations for Warding Halo and Divine Spears, and more so for Divine Spears leave you vulnerable for far to long.  And the second animation when the duration of Divine Spears ends is just annoying and unnecessary. 

I haven't decided exactly how I am going to build him with regards to mods, but it looks like it is going to be annoying, with a need for a ton of forma. 

Even with those issues, I am liking the frame.  He is fast as hell and seems to have no friction when sliding (maybe his passive).  Very squishy though when Warding Halo drops. 

Dont like the low dmg on 1 it only is useful on lv 20 or less enemies

Never noticed the halo being in the way yet.

I dont like his thrown chakram. Pretty much no use for it with its dmg being crap other than maybe teleporting through a null door with it.

Yea the animation time especially 4s deactivation is annoying.

I just dont like the impaling being random(similar to tentacle swarm but worse)

He doesnt really fit a role. He's not a really a support, tank, dps, or stealth frame. So what use does he really have other than being a fast limbo.

And this is my build so far:

3uEQvql.jpg

BfoxRXO.jpg

Pretty much averaged the range. Got the efficiency of 1 to a manageable number. Got enough str to play around with. And the duration is more than enough time to hold w/e happens to get caught in 4 and have a really long fire trail. And used Steel fiber instead of vitality cause it affects wards health a bit. And with his health being low anyway it was the better choice.

Edited by rawr1254

What I want to know is what role can he fit in ....IS he mostly solo like

can he provide cc for team support or some sort of team support

And what can do good others warframes can do the same or he can do better.

I know this question might be me being LIKE OH NEW WARFRAME LETS COMPARE it but I honestly want to see out of your 1st impression how well those he work.

Simple to use

TO simple to use

Complex building to it

Or Have no idea how to work with him.

What is this supposed explosion attached to his 1?  I have not seen it and his profile didn't say anything about it.

I also dont know wtf that is. Be nice if someone found out. He's not worth playing enough to find out myself.

Also another thing I forgot i didnt like is teleporting to your chakram turns off fire walker.

Edited by rawr1254

What is this supposed explosion attached to his 1?  I have not seen it and his profile didn't say anything about it.

Dont like the low dmg on 1 it only is useful on lv 20 or less enemies

Never noticed the halo being in the way yet.

I dont like his thrown chakram. Pretty much no use for it with its dmg being crap other than maybe teleporting through a null door with it.

Yea the animation time especially 4s deactivation is annoying.

I just dont like the impaling being random(similar to tentacle swarm but worse)

He doesnt really fit a role. He's not a really a support, tank, dps, or stealth frame. So what use does he really have other than being a fast limbo.

And this is my build so far:

3uEQvql.jpg

Pretty much averaged the range. Got the efficiency of 1 to a manageable number. Got enough str to play around with. And the duration is more than enough time to hold w/e happens to get caught in 4 and have a really long fire trail. And used Steel fiber instead of vitality cause it affects wards health a bit. And with his health being low anyway it was the better choice.

His 4 is actually a VERY good CC ability.  A bit bugged, try increasing it to 60%  Stretch + Moon mod.  Seriously I could get 2/3 the tileset of todays interception sortie.  If I were to add over-extend?  Yes that would cripple my strength a little, but that will be able to pin down pretty much a vast majority of draco easy.

His 4 is actually a VERY good CC ability.  A bit bugged, try increasing it to 60%  Stretch + Moon mod.  Seriously I could get 2/3 the tileset of todays interception sortie.  If I were to add over-extend?  Yes that would cripple my strength a little, but that will be able to pin down pretty much a vast majority of draco easy.

Definitely agree on that but unfortunately that CC is literally speaking simply a diliuted form of rhino stomp... literally his 3 and 4 are rhinos 3 and 4 with either reduced damage absorption or reduced range.. rhino stomp has the same capability with overextended with 2 seconds less time but 14m more distance as well as not having an awkward animation when the ability ends and being recastable during the first cast in order to pick up any stragglers

Yea but dude...Vauban can do that for a fraction of the cost with bastille with NO lock failures. SO many times has this thing failed to even impale anything. 

Yea but dude...Vauban can do that for a fraction of the cost with bastille with NO lock failures. SO many times has this thing failed to even impale anything. 

unfortunately vauban has a set number of enemies it can pick up and increasing the size of it beyond what 25m? means lowering power strength which means lowering the number of enemies it can carry while rhino with the current energy overflow is able to permanently stunlock a 62m area with rhino stomp... 10 second duration and 6 seconds to regain energy

The point being at the end of the day nezha in its current form has 2 skills which are watered down and visually altered rhino abilties and the other 2 abilities lets be perfectly honest are for the most part useless... the only reason I use 2 is If I took more hits then I planned to I want heal a little bit.

#1 I don't think I understand yet. It seems to be CC because the damage isn't so great, but if I'm flying past them I'm not sure I need it anymore? Further testing while using melee required..

#2 is awesome and will automatically make me use the frame. Fun. Useful. Cool. My only complaint was that using it up close quickly made my screen go black from the lighting fades associated with explosions. I'm sure that's just some tweaking they intend to do anyway though.

#3 Looks like useful defense but the graphic effects are really excessive. The spinning ring energy would be plenty. It does not need it's own trail and my frame does not need to look radioactive.

#4 Didn't we just get finished messing with a bunch of PBAoE spam frames? Why are we still putting in new press4->everything dies moves? :/

#1 I don't think I understand yet. It seems to be CC because the damage isn't so great, but if I'm flying past them I'm not sure I need it anymore? Further testing while using melee required..

#2 is awesome and will automatically make me use the frame. Fun. Useful. Cool. My only complaint was that using it up close quickly made my screen go black from the lighting fades associated with explosions. I'm sure that's just some tweaking they intend to do anyway though.

#3 Looks like useful defense but the graphic effects are really excessive. The spinning ring energy would be plenty. It does not need it's own trail and my frame does not need to look radioactive.

#4 Didn't we just get finished messing with a bunch of PBAoE spam frames? Why are we still putting in new press4->everything dies moves? :/

As far as your comment on 4... lets be honest... whether they have a smaller range or not....... every single ult in the game is a toggle or an AoE ability. this one however is not nearly potent enough to be compared to such things that have been nerfed like miasma because its damage is simply not that good... at all.... its a lower range rhino stomp... that is the final verdict... but really go check your arsenal right now.. go look at all your ults

Nekros, Chroma, Atlas... those are the only ones

Just seems like Warding Halo's Chargeup time (where it collects damage for the ability to be buffed) is REALLY short, in its current state I could argue the damage collection time might as well not exist, could this be changed? im unsure how much you guys can change him. also no, maxing duration doesn't help the situation

Just seems like Warding Halo's Chargeup time (where it collects damage for the ability to be buffed) is REALLY short, in its current state I could argue the damage collection time might as well not exist, could this be changed? im unsure how much you guys can change him. also no, maxing duration doesn't help the situation

It technically has the same damage absorption time as rhino's iron skin at max level... it feels really short because its meant to because they really don't want you walking around with like a 10k iron skin or warding halo... its like 3 seconds at max level

Nezha seemed really fun, but then when I actually got to use him, I was very underwhelmed. His 4 seems okay for CC, but there are better frames for that.

I'll continue to play/develop him before making a final judgement, but definitely not my favorite to play so far. I just don't get that "awesome" feeling playing him that I do with other frames. His powers just don't seem to have much synergy, which is disappointing, since the last several frames/reworks have some pretty fun synergy.

he is lacking perhaps 100 heat proc on his one would help and a better absorption window on his 3 and his 4 doesnt even fit his theme tho it is fairly useful for CC reasons if nothing else. still an unnecessarily squishy frame that gains very little to compensate for it. perhaps if teleporting with his 2 granted stealth that would encourage a strong range/efficiency/duration build to make him a mobile CC sub support frame.

Who designed the look of him? One floating hoop on the back ..ok but loops on the elbow, knee, and calf. (and don't forget the 2 on the head... Princess Leia) Please people, can we design a WAR-frame?

Edited by Tepish01

Nezha seemed really fun, but then when I actually got to use him, I was very underwhelmed. His 4 seems okay for CC, but there are better frames for that.

I'll continue to play/develop him before making a final judgement, but definitely not my favorite to play so far. I just don't get that "awesome" feeling playing him that I do with other frames. His powers just don't seem to have much synergy, which is disappointing, since the last several frames/reworks have some pretty fun synergy.

This is pretty much my impression of him. He has no role. His CC is lackluster(Sorry but it really is, idc if a max range build impales a fair amount of enemies it's still bad). His damage is lackluster. He has no stealth. He has no health. He has no shields. He oddly has a good amount of armor. His skills are skills/failed skills from other frames. I just don't see him being anything else other than another limbo(Play him if you're bored)

Edited by rawr1254

will have to test more, but so far nezha feels like a gimmick frame.  

1 heatproc is strong permastun, however, its very narrow  explosion is wat? descriptions op?

2 health restore on kill? thats all? wat wat wat

3 bad rhino ironskin? with volt touch stun? uh

4 bad rhino stomp?  2 cast times? wat

passive slide is supposed to help with firewalk i guess

So I have spent a few hours playing him, he is a fun frame but there are some issues with him. 

First, Warding Halo when active is kind of an eye sore and extremely annoying when you zoom/aim.  It is a pretty nasty obstruction.  Otherwise it is a great ability.  Also, it doesn't seem to be as strong as iron skin for those that worried about that. 

Second, the animations for Warding Halo and Divine Spears, and more so for Divine Spears leave you vulnerable for far to long.  And the second animation when the duration of Divine Spears ends is just annoying and unnecessary. 

I haven't decided exactly how I am going to build him with regards to mods, but it looks like it is going to be annoying, with a need for a ton of forma. 

Even with those issues, I am liking the frame.  He is fast as hell and seems to have no friction when sliding (maybe his passive).  Very squishy though when Warding Halo drops. 

I kind of agree with your first point, I would go with a darker energy colour as an interim fix.

I think this is kind of by design, but adding either Quick Thinking or Natural Talent to your mod list works well to combat this. I agree there doesn't need to be a secondary animation on his Ultimate unless you decide to end it early.

I would recommend using Quick Thinking + Duration and Range. My current build is Zenurik (Focus) > Energy Siphon (Aura) > Handspring (Exilus) + Primed Flow + Streamline + Constitution + Primed Continuity + Redirection or Vitality based on preference + Stretch + Intensify + Quick Thinking. With this build you should basically be invincible. The ridiculous Energy Regen from Zen and ES should compensate for QT drain. This with QT + Primed Flow gives you a chance to deal with the lengthy animation times. Intensify lets you restore your depleted health pool more quickly with your Chakram. Stretch and Streamline lets you keep your Halo and Spears up providing excellent CC for you team.

He is one of my favourite Warframes. Fire Walker is kind of lacklustre, but decent CC against Infested on Defense missions. I love everything else.

If you love playing Rhino, but really want a fancier looking frame with less shields, less health, less armor, no team buff, and is slower than (Arcane) Rhino Prime and want casting animations that will probably end up getting you killed, then Nezha is for you! That pretty much sums up Nezha, in a snarky manner.

Don't get me wrong Nezha can be fun, but is pretty much a downgrade from Arcane Rhino Prime.

1. Firewalker is really only good for the speed boost. Doesn't really offer anything else because the fire trail does really low damage and only lasts a few seconds. Looks cool.

2.Blazing Chakram - Very good for ragdolling heavies, and can heal you. Damage is not good. Useful utility ability. One of the few things

that set Nezha apart from Rhino.

3. Warding Halo - Copy of Iron Skin but not as strong. Supposed to stagger enemies that come in contact with it, but that only seems to work of you are the host.

4. Divine Spears - Just like Rhino stomp but with a god awful long casting animation and a second casting animation when it finishes. Animation can easily get you killed if you aren't careful. Looks way cool.

Nezha is still about as fun to play as Rhino. The Chakram Throw is useful for CC (think kestrel) and can heal you, wish its damage scaled off melee mods though. Frame looks beautiful, powers look good. Nezha is an OK frame, but not great, and outclassed by Rhino Prime.

Edited by weezedog