The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] So Hayden "tenno"?

(PSN)xXToastiButterXx

So we all thought the Tenno were named after Hayden from DS, but DE stated it was not cannon.

Does that mean we are named after the ship we were on?

The Zariman Ten-Zero = Ten O, or Tenno.

So many answers, but it gave us thousands more questions!

Who is Margurial? Where is Natah from? True Sentient, or half Orokin half Sentient Hybrid?

Who is Margurial? Where is Natah from? True Sentient, or half Orokin half Sentient Hybrid?

Margulis was likely an Orokin who became an adoptive mother/care taker of the orphans of Ten-Zero, Natah is a full-blown Sentient and like other Sentients comes from another system as for Ten-Zero and Hayden, the name of the ship and in turn the name of Tenno (the children) is sort of a drawback to Dark Sector.

Margulis* :P

Margulis, sorry, at work right now and forgot.

Margulis was likely an Orokin who became an adoptive mother/care taker of the orphans of Ten-Zero, Natah is a full-blown Sentient and like other Sentients comes from another system as for Ten-Zero and Hayden, the name of the ship and in turn the name of Tenno (the children) is sort of a drawback to Dark Sector.

But It isn't canon anymore, The Second Dream reinforced this.

And why do our frames bleed and have flesh? Are they like avatars made from our DNA?

Keep it coming, I need all the theorists!

So we all thought the Tenno were named after Hayden from DS, but DE stated it was not cannon.

So many answers, but it gave us thousands more questions!

Nononono. DE said- and I quote "Dark Sector is at least PARTIALLY canon" and said something along the lines of they don't want to say it's fully canon because it would limit in their minds how things can go. They also said it was similar to a spiritual predecessor.

Yes- in warframe's canon, we are more likely than not named after the Zariman 10-0.

That being said- excal (and others) have "Hayden Tenno" written on them. Maybe there is a mix of reasons, who knows. I think it's cheesy for the ship to have been called the 10-0 for this reason when they've already established things in a way that sets them up to say dark sector's Hayden tenno is the reason.

Imo- the form lotus took on (see: natah quest discussion with Hunhow) is most likely that of Margulis*, for two reasons. 1: we would be comfortable around her that way. 2: Margulis was like a mother to us after the incident- and Lotus wanted kids. It would make sense. I think it's pretty safe to theorize that Lotus is what Margulis looked like.

Natah is true sentient. She broke away from them. Were... you paying attention to the Natah quest?

Uh, that's not why they bleed though, if they were just metal suits they wouldn't bleed. Warframes are their own "race" so to speak. They aren't Tenno, they're living beings being influenced by the Tenno.

Lemme just correct this. Warframes are semi mechanical/technological, semi BIOLOGICAL things. They have at no point in lore been confirmed to be sentient (the term, not as in the sentients like Natah/Hunhow) or "living". The lore- in second dream- DID in fact though, refer to it as an empty, lifeless shell. If anything- it's leaning in favor of just being biological, yet not alive. Both are still possibilities, though- due to the hot topic of "Did the warframe move itself? Did we move it with tranference? Maybe Lotus, who was coming there did it?" in reference to the part where the warframe tears War in half.

Edited by Stratego89

Devs said Dark Sector is -not- canon or part of Warframe's universe.

And why do our frames bleed and have flesh? Are they like avatars made from our DNA?

Warframes, way I see it, could be an end product of experimenting with Techoncyte virus, kind of, perfected infestation, given their biomechanical appearance and properties. They need life support to sustain themselves after all. Guess we'll be learning more about it in the weeks/months to come.

The warframes are hinted in the game and outright said by Hunhow to be infested-tech technocyte based biomechanical organisms. Golems and hollow shells echoing the words of Lephantis, Phorid, and J3 Golem who keep wondering why something like them is attacking and harming their own kind. It seems through the codex entries and descriptions of materials in the game that the warframes were orignally concepted by the Orokin as bioweapons against the Sentient but the proto rhino warframe escaped and started going amok and animalistic like a lower infested. When it was led to the Children of Zariman, the future Tenno, it was calmed as the Tenno probably influenced it with Transference as we now know from the Second Dream. It seems logical that the Orokin would weaponize such union by first stripping down the protowarframes of as much individual ability to operate on their own and then make templates to mass produce the infested things as Warframes with Tenno controlling them through void energy transferance remotely giving the warframes superhuman reputations and the Tenno who were assumed to wear the Warframes as immortal and unkillable beings.

Margulis, sorry, at work right now and forgot.

Keep it coming, I need all the theorists!

you forget about the alpha version hayden tenno, the one that according to his lore, is from the same era as warframes (actual era)

Edited by Toppien

Warframes use Flesh as their health type. God only knows why, but it makes damage make sense.

read the rhino prime lore its very likely that the thing chasing the people in the codec entry is a warframe without its suit. This would explain why in the end of the entry the warframe stops its rampage when it enters the zariman, because a tenno in the zariman takes control of the warframe.

The hek is it with you all? You guys are amazing, I'm loving the answers you guys are giving! More please!

I paid as much attention as I could during all the quests, but some of it goes over my head!

I want to see a questline that expands more on The New Strange, what was going on in that time besides the "Old War"? I want more about the Old War in general.

The warframes are hinted in the game and outright said by Hunhow to be infested-tech technocyte based biomechanical organisms. Golems and hollow shells echoing the words of Lephantis, Phorid, and J3 Golem who keep wondering why something like them is attacking and harming their own kind. It seems through the codex entries and descriptions of materials in the game that the warframes were orignally concepted by the Orokin as bioweapons against the Sentient but the proto rhino warframe escaped and started going amok and animalistic like a lower infested. When it was led to the Children of Zariman, the future Tenno, it was calmed as the Tenno probably influenced it with Transference as we now know from the Second Dream. It seems logical that the Orokin would weaponize such union by first stripping down the protowarframes of as much individual ability to operate on their own and then make templates to mass produce the infested things as Warframes with Tenno controlling them through void energy transferance remotely giving the warframes superhuman reputations and the Tenno who were assumed to wear the Warframes as immortal and unkillable beings.

That. Only post you need to read in this topic.

dark sector isnt cannon. If you played dark sector you would know that.

this times a million. its been stated countless times that we may share the same universe as dark sector but NONE OF IT IS CANNON TO THE GAME!!! why people keep bringing hayden tenno into this, and other dark sector stuff, is beyond me at this point.

Dark sector is cannon, But it's so far in the past it dosn't matter.

Not every event in the past matters, how many events have we forgotten. Hayden and his story is lost in the past.

none of it is canon, it just falls in the same universe thats it. this was even said by DE themselves.

Tenno means "heavenly emperor" in Japanese. It would make sense if that's where the naming was pulled from, if not from where you or everyone else mentioned. Heavenly emperor mildly fits into the game's lore and general theme(Tenno are god-like beings and it seems like something that the Orokin would use as a name).