Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Mastery Rank Restrictrion.

BloodOfStorm

Won't help...

In last Sorte run my group had to do the last part with 3 people as our 4th, the MR16 Nova didn't know how to build the frame... Too much Draco.

MR alone doesn't mean you have the experience.

Definately.  I've seen MR 10's ... 11's, ect.  All go down multiple times to the same effects.  Being honest, I'd rather it be restricted to a Conclave like-rating system but I've seen MR6's that have done better then MR 12's and being honest?  Denying people just because they don't have above-average mod's or setups isn't fair.

We need something that takes into account skill... but what would it be, and how would it work and be fair?

MR 4 is just too low, it needs to be higher, at least MR 8.

In some missions, like Exterminate it doesn't bother at all, but in missions with high enemy density they just die like flies (as soon as Iron Skin or Hysteria runs of) and contribute very littly to the team.

Man if only DE added a way to recruit people before a mission and before said mission you could check what they were bringing and question them on their builds. You'd think they would have added that by now.

On a serious note, anyone that actually cares about not wasting their time on sorties will use the recruit tab, plain and simple. Restricting things based off a grind number is pretty idiotic. That number doesn't account for anything meaningful at all besides them grinding mastery fodder, we need actual stats as opposed to a vague number that could be interpreted multiple ways.

MR restrictions are horrid. You don't get MR for re-leveling forma-ed gear, thus a player who has 4 maxed frames, and a couple of sets of fully leveled and forma-ed weapons can have a low MR. Conversely a player who has leveled a lot of garbage just for the sake of leveling it may not be running with good gear at the moment even though he has a high MR. The MR system is designed to give you incentive to purchase lots of stuff, and or purchase extra inventory. It is designed as a marketing incentive, it does not give an accurate display of the experience or load out of a player.

With a few adjustments the conclave rating could be used that way, however it is possible to have effective low CR builds atm. Still with some adjustments I think that would be a far better gauge, it would at least tell you how well the player was geared at the time

MR restrictions are horrid. You don't get MR for re-leveling forma-ed gear, thus a player who has 4 maxed frames, and a couple of sets of fully leveled and forma-ed weapons can have a low MR. Conversely a player who has leveled a lot of garbage just for the sake of leveling it may not be running with good gear at the moment even though he has a high MR. The MR system is designed to give you incentive to purchase lots of stuff, and or purchase extra inventory. It is designed as a marketing incentive, it does not give an accurate display of the experience or load out of a player.

With a few adjustments the conclave rating could be used that way, however it is possible to have effective low CR builds atm. Still with some adjustments I think that would be a far better gauge, it would at least tell you how well the player was geared at the time

Exactly. We need a proper gear evaluation system.

indeed, the number of times ive started a sortie and one, or more, of the players are using bratons and die about every 30 seconds is beyond a joke, maybe not a mastery restriction, rather a conclave restriction so that your gear is going to pass a certain level of usefulness before your allowed to actually try, im all for letting people play the content but im also for not having to carry people or abort

I could agree with a gear restriction, but MR is nothing more than time played. It is nearly like basing someones skill on CoD by looking at their prestige rank.

Myself and a friend had no clue that in order to increase your MR you had to switch around various frames/weapons so were sitting at MR6 for months.

We felt stupid. 

I could agree with a gear restriction, but MR is nothing more than time played. It is nearly like basing someones skill on CoD by looking at their prestige rank.

Myself and a friend had no clue that in order to increase your MR you had to switch around various frames/weapons so were sitting at MR6 for months.

We felt stupid. 

By that logic, a person who owns a bugatti and his drivers license for 1 week is the best driver on the planet.

By that logic, a person who owns a bugatti and his drivers license for 1 week is the best driver on the planet.

I don't know this game well enough to try to argue anything with how it handles it's "conclave" system but I'm assuming the more powerful your gear is it goes up correct?

This would make it so that people that were geared for the missions could take it. (I'm not saying make the restriction something absurd so that it won't let you in unless you were near guaranteed to beat it)

It's about being geared enough to at least stand a chance as to not waste anyones time.  (IE: Like WoWs "gearscore". It's not letting you in the raid with a bunch of normal dungeon blues)

Edited by (PS4)fahlynn

At the moment there is no effective gear rating. Conclave rating could be, but would need to be adjusted. MR is definitely not, you can level a one frame and or weapon after another, not potato, or forma them at all and have a high MR and gear that is "meh"., Conversely you could have only the 4 free frames and a handful of weapons all maxed, potatoed  and forma-ed multiple times, and have a low MR while completely outgunning your higher MR counterpart.

Currently there is no reliable gauge for a person's loadout. If the purpose of a conclave rating is to balance pvp, then IF it was fixed and operating correctly it could be. MR on the other hand is purely a marketing gimmick to encourage one to purchase lots of items and inventory. It is a measure of  the total quantity of gear you have ever leveled and not what you currently have or the quality of any of it.

people with their annecdotal evidence "even low MRs can be good!1111", so these low MRs can invest some work into the game before reaping all rewards for free, and lets be serious, the amount of "good low MRs" is abysmal compared to the bad ones (same for bad mr20s compared to good ones)

many people have carefully invested tonnes of forma into frames and weapons, maxed all most mods so they are fully prepared for the "endgame",

the very very vast majority of low MRs did not, theres a very clear relation between "high level players" and their "usefulness" (skill+equipment) in every game, warframe is no different

MR 12 should be minimum for raids and sorties because thats where the "intended endgame weapons" are set at, thats achieveable in a very few weeks and guarantees you have invested time into the game and thus are a little more likely to be more better and more useful

this is all so much more valid with the high amount of new players and warframe's increasing popularity, the amount of bads that ruined my missions, ruining pub games is ridiculously high - i cant trust anybody below mr 20 anymore really - and i dont want to anymore, too many times ive been disappointed, i expected people to at least carry their weight, bringing SOME common sense into a mission with almost adequate gear >> thats a rarity nowadays and IM NOT WILLING to put up with it anymore