Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Mastery Rank Restrictrion.

BloodOfStorm

indeed, the number of times ive started a sortie and one, or more, of the players are using bratons and die about every 30 seconds is beyond a joke, maybe not a mastery restriction, rather a conclave restriction so that your gear is going to pass a certain level of usefulness before your allowed to actually try, im all for letting people play the content but im also for not having to carry people or abort

indeed, the number of times ive started a sortie and one, or more, of the players are using bratons and die about every 30 seconds is beyond a joke, maybe not a mastery restriction, rather a conclave restriction so that your gear is going to pass a certain level of usefulness before your allowed to actually try, im all for letting people play the content but im also for not having to carry people or abort

This :v conclave restriction sounds better. 

I don't feel the restriction is nessesary, but it's there

to be fair though, for 80% of the Sorties I can run through solo. I only party up for the Endless missions just 'cause they're faster that way. and I'm usually carrying at least 1 of the party members.

apparently soloing Sorties is an uncommon thing, hearing from the Randoms I get shunted with and reading the Forums. in my Alliance a rather large number of us can/do solo the majority of the Sorties. usually only partying up for speed reasons rather than ease

only time it really matters is in defense missions. Every other mission you should be able to protect yourself regardless of what your team is doing. If you're not playing spy and rescue by yourself or with people you trust then its your own fault. 

The mindset i have with every sortie is, I can do this by myself but i'm going with a group to make it easier.

god I hate double-posting, but I disagree... SEVERAL of the Sorties restrict you to a singular weapon only, and some players just don't normally carry one of those, particularly at Rank 30... I've run a few Sorties where a player has to pause and pick up a Mk-1 weapon from the Market 'cause they don't use that weapon type. that would just punish those players that're otherwise skilled enough to run through, and add even more gates to skilled players that happen to have terrible luck with drops.

god I hate double-posting, but I disagree... SEVERAL of the Sorties restrict you to a singular weapon only, and some players just don't normally carry one of those, particularly at Rank 30... I've run a few Sorties where a player has to pause and pick up a Mk-1 weapon from the Market 'cause they don't use that weapon type. that would just punish those players that're otherwise skilled enough to run through, and add even more gates to skilled players that happen to have terrible luck with drops.

I would invite you to look at the initial description of sorties.

Each Sortie Mission will have its own unique requirements or enemy modifiers, favoring Tenno that have a versatile arsenal.

Conclave restrictions would be amazing. It would show if people have decent ranked mods on frames, weapons and companions. I believe it would be much more efficient than the restriction system we have now. Having a high MR doesn't show anything besides how much a person crafted and leveled weapons.

Edited by xTreyRobx

No. Since Nezha and most if not all the event weapons will be sortie rewards, it is a $&*^ move to raise the MR req higher than it is. MR4 is good enough.

The sorties are meant for endgame.

Newbies aren't even meant to do the sorties. Imagine if you were invited to a an end game raid in Destiny or Borderlands that is way above your current level. You realistically couldn't do it so other more experienced players would be forced to carry you.

MR4 is roughly around 3 frames and a couple of weapons.

Sorties should have a MR restriction of 8. That way, you have access to some decent weps and frames, it also makes it so that you actually have to have played the game for a decent amount of time and used a fair amount of different weps and frames.

I saw a MR 4 rhino in a sortie the other day, he still had all mk-1 gear, for some reason

I asked him why he had mk-1 gear in a sortie and he said he knew what he was doing.

We had to carry his sorry &#! through the mission because he couldn't take a hit or deal enough damage to even kill one enemy.

Absolutely not.

Mastery rank is not and can never be an accurate number to determine the capability of a players build. Any player can master a single frame, primary, secondary, melee weapon, and sentinal/kubrow with out ever reaching the now required MR 4. Conclave has its own issues. Many people want an easy to boil down number so they can exclude whoever doesnt meet their often narrowminded view of what is viable in that content but this isnt an issue that can be represented numerically in an easy way. So they choose something that means absolutely nothing when they need to know if a person has a viable build.

On top of that you have the problems with Mastery rank bloat. Its the same thing I saw back in past MMOs in the form of gearscore. Right now people are requiring 18-20 MR to do Tower 1 stuff. A year from now when the max MR is 30 the same players will be yelling for 25-30 MR players and claiming that 18-20 is to low even though 18-20 MR has absolutely no bearing on how good a players build is (or how good the player is). I often compare it to watching a bunch of cave men trying to understand the inner workings of an airplane. Its impossible and futile because they have no frame of reference to work from so all they can do is guess.

Bottom line. MR requirements for runs is a plague on this game. One that needs to be wiped out. If anything the game should be made more inclusive instead of exclusive

MR is not a accurate representation of a player's understanding to the game. I once saw a MR20 fella with 300+ hours from his profile. If all we're gonna do is to farm Draco so that we can get past the MR limit, I see no point since sorties aren't always interception.

What to do for Shotguns only missions, Bow only missions, Sniper only missions, and Melee only missions

A conclave requirement is definitely needed. I'm starting to see players with gibberish for names using MK1 weapons and doing nothing but dying over and over which is starting to make me believe people are creating alt accounts to get more sorties rewards.

No, conclave restriction are of equally bad measurement as MR.

It might filter out the few who don't have the basic mods/decent weapon, however, other's who aren't fully prepare/dim will still slip through.

Rather they kept MR 4 lock than worry about my conclave.

I'm basing on experience on when Tatical Alerts in past where restricted 700 or 500. 

To say the least it wasn't pleasant experience.

Edited by Fionntan