Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give "aim Glide" It's Own Key Binding

Flibbertigibbety

I think we've had Parkour 2.0 long enough now where it's become second nature... and I think everyone agrees that it's great. My main issue... Aim Glide! It's become part of standard movement. If I'm jumping, I'm usually going to be gliding soon after... and it's FUN AS HELL! But... It's not fun when you can't see where you're gliding because your mouselook movement and field of view is so drastically reduced because you're aiming. It's FAR worse when you're using a sniper rifle. I can't see a damn thing.

So... Please just give the option to bind "glide" to another button... and let us decide if both glide and aim are bound to the same (like you can bind melee and shoot to the same button). This would let us glide to our hearts content, and still aim if we want to and when we want to. I'd personally bind it to F... since I can't move when I'm gliding anyways.

I think the same goes with "wall latch"... making it have it's own binding (would also use F)... but I use glide FAR more than I use wall latch.

Parkour 2.0 is fun, But I preffered Coptering personally, got around much quicker and was fun to do every so often.

Parkour 2.0 isn't bad, but it wouldn't be something i'd miss too much if it were reverted back randomly, I support this idea though, Give us an option for those of us who want to keybind it somewhere else, those of us who don't can still use it the way it is, and those of us that want to rebind can. It's a win / win scenario.

Edited by Latiac

*Insert ''there's a mod that fixes that'' comment*

DE can't really afford to add more key bindings, controller users don't have enough buttons.

The mod does not in any way do what I"m suggesting, where you can glide and aim separately.

And DE can add keybindings for the controller if they're multi bound keys... similar to what I suggested above with fire and melee. You could simply bind aim and glide to the same button... and you've got the current system. If you want to bind glide to another button.. whether it be keyboard or controller, that's would be the player's option. There are plenty of buttons that are not used while you'd be gliding... such as your context button. You could also bind "sprint" to glide, as sprint doesn't actually do anything while you're in the air. There are plenty of options for the console audience.

There's a mod that increases your FOV while aimgliding. It's most certainly not the same thing.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I'm more or less okay with the zooming in while aimgliding (Snipers aside), but since I play on a pretty low sensitivity, having to sweep my whole arm across the table just to shoot at a guy I'm aimgliding past is an absolute nuisance.

OT:

Button clutter is definitely an issue, which is why it's unlikely to ever get its own hotkey. It would be really nice to see an option that lets us adjust our zoomed-in sensitivity, though. Or perhaps even an option that lets us revert to non-zoomed sensitivity while aimgliding.

Your "contextual use = aimglide" suggestion sounds pretty interesting though. It's definitely unintuitive, but something of the sort (that is, binding aimgliding to some other button that sees zero use while in the air) could potentially work really well.

Edited by SortaRandom

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I'm more or less okay with the zooming in while aimgliding (Snipers aside), but since I play on a pretty low sensitivity, having to sweep my whole arm across the table just to shoot at a guy I'm aimgliding past is an absolute nuisance.

OT:

Button clutter is definitely an issue, which is why it's unlikely to ever get its own hotkey. It would be really nice to see an option that lets us adjust our zoomed-in sensitivity, though. Or perhaps even an option that lets us revert to non-zoomed sensitivity while aimgliding.

I think people need to actaully think about how keybindings currently work. There are multiple abilities that can be bound to a single button. Keyboard and mouse players wouldn't have much of an issue... especially since mice can also have multiple extra buttons... but for console gamers, There are lots of options for dual bindings. As mentioned above... the sprint button would be perfect for dual function, as it would feel natural, and sprint is not actually used while you're in the air.

I'm sure there are other dual bindings that would work that are not coming to mind. The main thing is... to let the players choose. That's why we have key bindings.

While I understand an revel in the advantages of belonging to the PC master race, we do not need separate inputs mapped for each finger and toe.

Aim Glide is called Aim Glide because you Glide while Aiming.

It's there to enable the cinematic moments of a hero mowing down enemies as they leap through the air in slow-motion, in a scenario where actual slow-motion is impossible for technical reasons.

It's use as a movement/navigation tool is entirely auxiliary, and if you want to use it in that capacity, you should switch to a melee weapon which dose not have a zoom function.

While I understand an revel in the advantages of belonging to the PC master race, we do not need separate inputs mapped for each finger and toe.

It's there to enable the cinematic moments of a hero mowing down enemies as they leap through the air in slow-motion, in a scenario where actual slow-motion is impossible for technical reasons.

It's use as a movement/navigation tool is entirely auxiliary, and if you want to use it in that capacity, you should switch to a melee weapon which dose not have a zoom function.

Contrary to your statement, I'm totally for using foot petals to take advantage of inputs mapped to my toes. Thanks for the suggestion.

Why don't we have foot petal controllers? That's 2 extra inputs at a minimum!

Also, DE called it "aim glide" because they made it the same ability. If enough feed back calls for it to be mapped differently, it could happen. They've made it quite obvious that nothing in this game is set in stone. What's the issue with those who want to keep it as it is (dual map glide and aim), and those who want it separate? Where's the harm?

This is a pretty good point. Still, though, considering that we're able to spin around while aimgliding with a melee weapon, it makes little sense to me that we're completely unable to do so when using a gun or codex scanner. I mean, the latter two are obviously this way because they require slightly finer aiming than melee weapons do, but it's still disruptive and immersion-breaking to be unable to shoot enemies during the "pseudo-slow-motion" because the game forces a turning speed that your mouse arm can't keep up with.

The current implementation is indeed 100% true to DE's concept of it, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for a bit of improvement.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'm not sure if a separate key binding is the right solution, but I agree that Aim Gliding with a sniper rifle is absolutely terrible. I wish we had an "unscoped aim" added as another zoom level to each sniper. One wouldn't get any scoped bonuses while not using the scope of course, but it would make Aim Gliding a lot better.

I think the zoom in makes aiming more difficult, if anything. It's sudden and disorienting, and lowers your mouse sensitivity and FoV right when you need them the most.