Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Never Understood About Zombie Movies...

JohnMarkLee

Some of these universes have never had the idea of zombies being coined in pop culture (or at all)

I.E - In AMC's TWD, IIRC Dawn of the Dead (1978) was never created, thus, people had no idea about what zombie were.

This right here is literally the only reason why a zombie apocalypse happens in media.

It would NEVER happen in civilized society, let alone the U.S.

Y'know, that place where at least one person in a neighborhood is armed.

Like that one neighbor that apparently has guns, bullets, bows n arrows, and ingredients for homemade grenades...

the wide majority of people get killed by the "zombie disease" in most films (protagonits not counting) even if they are aggressive (which is a far fetched attribute for a corpse even supposing it still walks around), it wouldn't be much worse than the black death of 1300 when they supposedly had corpse piles in the streets in some city

yes, it's a know fact that a zombie outbreak wouldn't last more than a few days at most unless it was an airborne disease. The odds of humans getting overrrun by a virus that requires biting is extremely unlikely

Agreed, only exception is airborne or super adrenaline rushed zombies (even though ridiculously unlikely) like World War Z or 28 Days Later.

I imagine enough people have seen zombie movies and such to know what needs doing, including military.

Would be interesting for there to be a movie where people actually realize what's up. Only scenario that could make sense is if the virus killed people outright, leaving only so many of those that are immune. Oh wait...isn't that the plot of Left for Dead?

Actually in Dying Light we have an example of zombie outbreak as it would really go.

Only 1 city is infected, and goverment quickly contained the infection by putting the city on quarantine with big walls and armed men not letting the infection to spread any further.

In Killing Floor it's a special case. KF's zeds are not zombies, but cloned mutants created with military purpusoses.

According to a little piece of lore, zeds are actually created with sort of hive mind, that makes them work together i.e.: walking in large groups with different types of zeds in it to increase efficiency of the pack through utility.

Now that's real zombie outbreaks that actually sound legit to happen.

Some cheesy excuse to make films/soap operas/novels/survival games profitable out of an already populated genre involving dead people reanimated with an unfair disease structure, which is literally invoked by some technological company or a deliberately silly ancient fossilized fungus that came back from dormancy after Global Warming.

I hate seeing these pop out every hour, only to get it cheesed out by an already tired set of viewers who already responded on how poorly designed the plots are.

I think it depends on how fast it spreads. Cordyceps from Last of us was probably caused by a sudden mutation that exploded rapidly.

It might also be because we dont initially realise it until it was too late (shawn of the dead)

Or might have been a biological attack that caused it.

Its the guilt-free act of killing without the remorse is the reason why Zombies are so appealing. And the fact that the penalty for lack of luck, or being caught off guard can result in becoming what you despise the most. 

The real question I'm interested in is what will you guys choose for a weapon and what would be the content of your bug-out bag?

Its the guilt-free act of killing without the remorse is the reason why Zombies are so appealing. And the fact that the penalty for lack of luck, or being caught off guard can result in becoming what you despise the most. 

The real question I'm interested in is what will you guys choose for a weapon and what would be the content of your bug-out bag?

I'm taking a bandolier of seven Harper's Ferry pistols, a saber, the necessary cleaning and loading equipment, the powder, and a ton of .58 caliber balls.

Anyone stumbles on me, they'll think I'm insane and not bug me.

I'm taking a bandolier of seven Harper's Ferry pistols, a saber, the necessary cleaning and loading equipment, the powder, and a ton of .58 caliber balls.

Anyone stumbles on me, they'll think I'm insane and not bug me.

Wow! I googled it. Really a flintlock antique? You must like to live dangerously or you're really an expert shot. The saber would be great!

I've been giving it a thought. I want a kukri blade like Mila Govovich in resident evil and don't want cheap Ghurkha surplus but a coldsteel one and I think I can decapitate a few without cutting myself and getting bitten. I'll grab my dad's .22 ruger pistol (.22 cause you really don't need big caliber and you can carry tons of ammo) and a Mossberg 590 shotgun- one 00 buck in the chamber and 8 in the tube, with a spec-ops stock, side saddle that holds 6 buckshots and sling bandolier for ammo. It helps a lot that my family is mostly in the military/police and I have been forcedencouraged to be proficient with whatever toys they have, including the M4 and M9 beretta pistol. I'd be more afraid of humans. 

I need help in putting the contents in my bug out bag. I'll carry my coach handbag and have all my knicknacks, deodorant, mosturizer, victoria secret lotion and cover your eyes - tampons and all the other necessities. And grab a good pair of running shoes.

dyLVlqC.jpg

Did you notice that the new Saryn skin, her shoes are like the one above?