The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] What Are The Most Powerful Melee Weapons At The Moment?

Pizzarugi

Question

The reason I put a spoiler tag in the title is because I want to mention I'm highly invested in the Naramon focus branch. To be more specific, I've fully maxed Shadow Step and am currently working towards the extra crit chance.

Anyway, I need advice on what is currently the most go-to melee weapons in the game right now. I'm currently using dual ichor, due to its high crit chance and multiplier. I need to broaden my list of melee weapons that might be stronger overall. I'm looking for information on any weapon that is very good, regardless of whether it has high crit or not.

13 answers to this question

In my experience, i still need to find a weapon that deals more damage than Defiled Snapdragon Mios or Tempo Royale War.

Both modded for around 40% corrosive status chance, true steel, and the rest for speed and damage.

Both with the Naramon Deadly Intent and Shadow Steps.

Still crit over 20k in lvl 100 sortie grineer

Totally depends on your play style the new Lacera you can get 100% status poc per hit with dual stat damage,

i.e. Blast + Corrosive for Granieer , Gas + Electric for infested, Radiation + Viral for Void , Magnetic + toxic for Corpus.

85% stat dmg with the Serro ( my pesonal favourite ) Also 85% + Slash with the Tonbo <- Polearms.

You got the obvious Galatine, Scindo , War for heavy blade malee's . or Jak Kitag

If you like high crit chance and multiplier try the Atterax whip or Dual Kama (prime) !

Fans favourite Dragon Nikana , Broken War

The list is endless :)

Edited by (PS4)nmcd3

Jat Kittag already has a ridiculous damage base, but the availability of Primed Heavy Trauma makes it even more powerful IMO.

This is just my basic Corrosive no-Forma build. It can be further optimized for playstyle with more channelling and crit damage for significantly higher damage numbers.

jatkittagch.png

Edited by DaftMeat

Tonbo.

"Wut?!"

Yes. It doesn't look particularly sexy compared to those big damage numbers from axes or crimson dervish longswords or whatever the cool kids are using these days.  But consider.  It has strong damage, and very strong status chance, with effective combos (minimal flash and flourish), a huge reach, it has a great damage reduction on blocking, and lastly a hilarious 15 meter CC radius on ground slam. With the added crit chance from Naramon, and hitting entire crowds of enemies at the same time, you won't have any issues keeping up your invisibility. And again, thanks to that long reach, you won't be constantly bumping into things and ruining your stealth melee bonus.

Maybe other things can outperform Tonbo in specific circumstances, but if you just need a single reliable melee weapon that does everything...

Alright, so I looked up some of the weapons you guys have suggested. Unfortunately, due to my general dismissive feelings about impact, I did not do anything towards getting the impact event mod nor did I purchase the primed heavy trauma from Baro. With that said, War and Jat Kittag are probably not going to be weapons I'll be prioritizing (even though I have War).

That said, the weapons I can max out are:
- Scindo prime
- Dual kama prime
- Mios

- Dragon Nikana (I own it)

I've also read in other places unrelated to this thread that Broken War (which I also own) is also tremendously powerful when paired up with the Crimson Dervish stance. How are peoples' opinions on that setup compared to the equivalent Dragon Nikana?

Alright, so I looked up some of the weapons you guys have suggested. Unfortunately, due to my general dismissive feelings about impact, I did not do anything towards getting the impact event mod nor did I purchase the primed heavy trauma from Baro. With that said, War and Jat Kittag are probably not going to be weapons I'll be prioritizing (even though I have War).

That said, the weapons I can max out are:

- Scindo prime

- Dual kama prime

- Mios

- Dragon Nikana (I own it)

I've also read in other places unrelated to this thread that Broken War (which I also own) is also tremendously powerful when paired up with the Crimson Dervish stance. How are peoples' opinions on that setup compared to the equivalent Dragon Nikana?

Please note that Jat Kittag with Crushin Ruin still does alot of damage EVEN without P.Heavy Trauma, especially if you use the block combo that end up with a HUGE slam.

And Truth be told i don't use P.Heavy on my War, since i run a status build, and having higher impact than corrosive messes my build, since the higher number has more chances to proc that the other. Found that the real hard way... the dying way.

Check some videos on youtube of the weapons you are now interested

Personally, I'd go with the Broken War even with just the Iron Phoenix stance. Longswords in general are incredibly easy to use with the original two stances (I haven't tried Vengeful Revenant yet); Iron Phoenix has fantastic mobility and can swat Ospreys out of the sky with ease, while Crimson Dervish hits like a truck and has wider swings at the cost of swing speed and mobility. Crimson Dervish has more single-target DPS, but Iron Phoenix actually isn't too far away.

(I recall a thread from over a year ago where someone compared the DPS of the two stances. Crimson Dervish ended up with barely over 30% more DPS than the infinitely-more-mobile Iron Phoenix, although CD of course has a slightly easier job at hitting multiple enemies that are side-by-side.)

If you're choosing between Crimson Dervish and a faster-but-weaker stance (e.g. Iron Phoenix for longswords, Blind Justice for Nikanas, etc), then be aware that being invisible will only allow the first of multiple hits to have a 4x stealth multiplier. This means that Crimson Dervish will make use of this far better than other stances will, since it deals much more damage per hit despite being slower.

Just be aware that you might have trouble chasing down backpedaling enemies every now and then. And be aware that Crimson Dervish will turn you into a sitting duck when attacking, which is often a death sentence if you're not invisible.

Depending on your frame choice, though, you may also want to consider using the Orthos Prime.

It doesn't have quite the raw attack power of a longsword or greatsword, but it easily makes up for this in sheer hitbox size and knockdown radius. It has by far the largest attack range of any melee weapon in the game (only surpassed by very specific attacks from Mios/Lacera), and it also has by far the largest slide attack radius of any melee weapon in the game (surpassed by nothing). On top of this, both of its stances are ridiculously mobile, with Shimmering Blight favouring high warframe sprint speed and Bleeding Willow favouring high melee swing speed.

It doesn't have nearly the largest crit chance of the weapons listed, but considering how many enemies you're going to be hitting with a single swing, this won't matter too much in thick battles.

Edited by SortaRandom