The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Loka Vs Cephalon Suda

Dosorog

Question

17 answers to this question

The mot popular Syndicates are Steel Meridian/Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis/Cephalon Suda. New Loka/Perrin Sequence players are somewhat rare.

Going New Loka/Perrin won't give you much unless you're Mastery Rank 12+ and can access the Syndicate Primary Weapons. Arbiters/Suda will give you more rapid access to augments that will help you. From a purely mechanical standpoint, Steel Meridian is the best choice since its weapon augments are the best, its Syndicate weapons are the best, and it offers Power Augments for some of the most popular Warframes.

New Loka being as unpopular as it is does have one up side; when new content for the Syndicates is released, it's in very high demand because everyone else is playing Meridian/Veil or Arbiters/Suda. However, new content for Syndicates doesn't come along very often, so I'd suggest that if you're looking for something that will give you immediate and long-term results, you either go Suda or Steel Meridian to begin with.

I would join New Loka. They have a sweet gun at the end, and plenty of useful (imo) mods. And they also have Perrin as an ally, whose weapons restore your energy I think. Overall a pretty good choice, because you also get to ally with Red Veil without angering Perrin/Loka.

Just check the Syndicate mods and see what the best fit for you is.  Frost and Nova were already big mainstays for me when I picked a syndicate, so for me the left side ones were a pretty natural choice.  That being said, Trinity mods (vampire leech is darn near mandatory for a good EV) are supplied by New Loka/Perrin, and the only primary that can outsexy the Synoid Simulor is the Sancti Tigris.  A third fact to consider is secondaries - the left side ones are much more popular (for good reason imo) and easier to sell.

I joined New Loka, The Perrin Sequence, and Red Veil.

New Loka has by far the strongest specters, 90% damage reduction aura to all allies/objectives within 10m has no competition. A lifesteal mod for the furis and large team health restore for all your healing needs. They have augments for hydroid, mag, nyx, oberon, trinity, valkyr, and zephyr. The secondary weapon is okay but the primary weapon they offer is incredibly strong.

Their ally provides the benefit of large energy restores (very good). They provide the same augments as new loka with the addition of banshee, chroma, nekros, rhino, and vauban. Unfortunately, they offer poor weapon augments, mediocre secondary weapon, and an okay specter. The primary weapon is alright but not amazing.

Edited by MrJxt

For what it's worth, you can have three Syndicates in high ranking without conflicting.  Personally, I'm at rank 5 with Cephalon Suda, Arbiters of Hexis, and Steel Meridian - and getting rep with any of them won't degrade my standing with the other two.  With a bit of work, you could do the same for Perrin Sequence, New Loka, and Red Veil.