The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A Time Based Frame

Hypn0t1c

Just an idea that I built on over the last week if you guys have any ideas or changes go ahead and suggest them I’d love to hear from you guys!

Slow-
small targeted AoE where the area selected will glow with chronus’s energy color and slow enemies in the area that walk through OR slow bomb that keeps enemies that are hit slowed based on duration

Hasten
Chronus is accelerated through time able to move at a large multiplier of speed based on strength.
i.e. 130% power strength = 130% quicker move speed (maybe a bit over the top)

3.   Bullet Time
Acts like some matrix level stuff allowing Chronus to duck and dodge enemy bullets, melee attacks and anything else that could be used as a weapon

4. Not right now(for lack of a better name)
large AoE despawns all enemies in the radius only for them to come back in a randomized amount of time with a minimum disappearance time based on duration.
i.e. 30% duration = at least 15 seconds for enemies to be gone for.

Appearance (looks)
Chronus would look like he’s been to many places throughout time wearing old fashion modern and futuristic “clothing”

1 is just a slow- not really creative enough imo for a timeframe. Especially when there are many very good slow abilities already on other frames.

2 is literally volt's speed without the melee attack speed bonus and only for the frame. "Selfish" is a term that would come to mind for how people would describe the ability. Not to mention that it's really again not that creative for a timeframe ability nor that useful.

3 so DR in the form of dodging? I actually expected Mesa's 3 to be this- rather than some random not-gunslinger-y shielding that is OP and makes no sense for her kit. Again- doesn't really make sense so much for a time frame either.

4 kinda interests me actually. Not just CCing but completely wiping enemies off the face of the map. I can see serious issues with this ability though- trolls using it to slow missions in exterms, or building up a super-massive horde in one area of the map during a survival only to lure them near teammates. I like how it's different from just normal CC. Done right, this ability could work for a timeframe. This is only the second ability of ALL the threads I've seen for a timeframe that I think might/could actually work if done right- and be worthy of a "timeframe" ability.

Time frame that canʻt go back in time?

I always thought going back in time would be nifty

Say a toggle that you flip on and toggling it off returns you to the same state and location where you first toggled it...

could drain energy, or consume energy upon toggling, whatever works.

Or... what about time travel on a greater scale? I donʻt know WHY you would ever need something like this.. but Limbo needʻs some friends.

Letʻs say you spawn a giant bubble...anything that happens within the bubble can be reverted once the bubble ends. You, allies... enemies? lol

Seemʻs like a pretty big endeavor for a multiplayer game tho...

I like the "Not right now" though...

Edited by KuroNekoXlll

I dunno i kinda dont like the last ability as it is more of a grievance than help unless you are in a super high mission where killing is not the objective (aka interception and hijack)

3rd ability would still be kinda useless against hitscan enemies and terrible in lag

1 and 2 seem kinda lackluster.

Not directly at you but i read alot of the time frames and all of them are just speed yourself up or slow enemies down. Time is a rather vauge concept that you can do so much with it.

Instead of thinking of the theme first, think about the class, what do you want out of this frame? Support, tank, dps, what do you have in mind? Then build your abilities and stats around that

Edited by Anatolius

Limbo need a rework, you know...

I would like to see a frame that "BREAKS" the game mechanic, not about overpowering but some special ability like Ivara's Navigator, maybe something related to Ammo/Gravity/Area Shifting/Route Pathing/Hitbox Size.

Edited by VCaptiion

One of the abilities could be "back in time" and have enemies in certain area range loop back and forth their path and actions, you could shoot the enemy in any position they are on the path that they are looping essentially increasing the enemy hitbox. This could get a bit funky with eximus regaining shields etc or heavies spamming grenades/napalm. Visually this skill makes the enemy appear slightly transparent.

To be honest Timeframe already exists, every frame has it and noone wants it, and its lag.  

Limbo need a rework, you know...

I was going to say this but i got lazy.

Instead of making a new time warframe that is closely related to limbo(space), why not just give limbo space AND time like how Equinox has night and day. Not saying a massive rework but little dabs of time here and there

4 kinda interests me actually. Not just CCing but completely wiping enemies off the face of the map. I can see serious issues with this ability though- trolls using it to slow missions in exterms, or building up a super-massive horde in one area of the map during a survival only to lure them near teammates. I like how it's different from just normal CC. Done right, this ability could work for a timeframe. This is only the second ability of ALL the threads I've seen for a timeframe that I think might/could actually work if done right- and be worthy of a "timeframe" ability.

Too similar to limbos ability to control the rift.

Just an idea that I built on over the last week if you guys have any ideas or changes go ahead and suggest them I’d love to hear from you guys!

1. Slow-

small targeted AoE where the area selected will glow with chronus’s energy color and slow enemies in the area that walk through OR slow bomb that keeps enemies that are hit slowed based on duration

1. Hasten

Chronus is accelerated through time able to move at a large multiplier of speed based on strength.

• i.e. 130% power strength = 130% quicker move speed (maybe a bit over the top)

3.   Bullet Time

• Acts like some matrix level stuff allowing Chronus to duck and dodge enemy bullets, melee attacks and anything else that could be used as a weapon

4. Not right now(for lack of a better name)

large AoE despawns all enemies in the radius only for them to come back in a randomized amount of time with a minimum disappearance time based on duration.

• i.e. 30% duration = at least 15 seconds for enemies to be gone for.

Appearance (looks)

Chronus would look like he’s been to many places throughout time wearing old fashion modern and futuristic “clothing”

I think a time based frame could be interesting. But some of those mechanics could be detrimental to the game.

Your ult making enemies de-spawn would be a trolls wet dream in survival, it would be worse than having to play with a limbo for me.

The bullet time ability seems really interesting, I could imagine it like a hybrid of mesas ult and mirages first ability, with your frame as a faded image in the middle as a guide (to make gameplay easier) and your frame flashing between points in the radius while under fire dodging the bullets. However it could cause problems of motion sickness or even make a seizure hazard if implemented poorly.

Hasten is too much like volts speed as mentioned above.

A couple of my own ideas to ponder over:

- an ability that slows everything down on screen, that would be good for precision shooting.

- an ability that freezes a single enemy in time for a couple of seconds.

- an ability that reverses an AI to it's state 6 seconds ago, IE if it spots you it will go back to being unalerted, it will make an AI go back to it's position 6 seconds ago.

Time frame that canʻt go back in time?

I always thought going back in time would be nifty

Say a toggle that you flip on and toggling it off returns you to the same state and location where you first toggled it...

could drain energy, or consume energy upon toggling, whatever works.

Or... what about time travel on a greater scale? I donʻt know WHY you would ever need something like this.. but Limbo needʻs some friends.

Letʻs say you spawn a giant bubble...anything that happens within the bubble can be reverted once the bubble ends. You, allies... enemies? lol

Seemʻs like a pretty big endeavor for a multiplayer game tho...

I like the "Not right now" though...

While the "back in time" feature feels mandatory, I really don't know how this could be implemented, especially when in group play.

Eh but i think that would be a brutal mess to code and not make you despawn, fall out of bounds etc..

The only way i think that would work imho is:

- channel ability

- first time you would die it brings you back to life and to the position you activate the ability into OR the closest tile boundary (door or passage), or just directly revives you on the spot

- grants you some % of health and shields back

- grants you some kind of boost based on how much time it was channeled before you died up to a cap (a la deja vu), maybe things like extra damage?

Edited by Autongnosis

While the "back in time" feature feels mandatory, I really don't know how this could be implemented, especially when in group play.

The only functional MP friendly "back in time" abilities I know of are the one in overwatch, where essentially the character goes invincible and gets rewound to it's spot a couple of seconds ago, and a much faster version of that ability in CoD BO3 which is basically a teleporter.

Possible abilities

Time step - Teleports the frame to where you are aiming, causes a aoe stun, a second activation sends you back to the original point.

Time's Ravages - AOE Armor and resistance debuff

Youth is wasted on the young - AOE health and speed buff for friendlies.

Alternate Timelines - summons alternate versions of the current team (Random skins and armor(weapons?), same colors... Because why should Nekros have all the fun)

Had more ideas buuuut they slipped my mind.... Darned work.

Too similar to limbos ability to control the rift.

I can see the comparison you are trying to make, but it doesn't work. One of them (Limbo) does not actually remove the enemy from the situation. Cataclysm they can just walk out of. Banish- they're still there when you go in rift and you have to watch out for them. The suggested ability here would full on make them disappear for a period of time. There's a trade off in that ability of "You don't have to worry about them, but you can't deal with them". That's the only similarity between Limbo's rift and this ability... The way they accomplish it is entirely different.