The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Prime Warframes...

(PSN)Dynamic_Douche

Hey guys! So after playing a few of my favorite warframes all of which are yet to be primed. It has come to my attention that it is extremely probable if not certain that every single frame will eventually be primed (EVEN LIMBO THE HORROR jk Limbo is cool). So my question to you guys is, do you think prime warframes make getting the regular ones obsolete? Once the prime versions come out, the originals are to be discarded and lose all their value? This line of thinking troubles me and I was just curious how many of you still play vanilla loki, mag, nova, etc....

People usually toss the original out after they get the prime, it seems.

Though sometimes I'm really tempted to go play normal Nyx instead because I like her body (and original helmet), but Nyx Prime with an old arcane helmet has better stats so...

I honestly hate the idea of all frames becoming prime. What would happen to players like me who spent about a YEAR farming vauban? That would become time wasted and make the game unfair (to myself at least). I havent spent a single penny on warframe but i already have items and equipment that players would trade 400p for. All of the people tnat farmed vauban like I did would be tossed aside by those pay-to-win players who would by the prime access the second it comes out. Not that i have any problem with thise kind of players. I just think that it would be unfair to players who have grinded the original warframe. Nezha is a decent example. All those players who farmed nezha and might possibly still be farming her from the sorties would mean that their time was wasted. It's just the hard-to-get wafframes that I wouldn't want to be primed.

Nezha is male, and given that I don't have the gear to do sorties yet, and the fact that there exist the rumors/news about DE looking at changing/removing IPS damage boosting mods and changing multishot mechanics, which leaves me unwilling to try to upgrade said mods until I see what happens with them, and the fact that I happened to have enough platinum to afford Nezha, I simply bought him.

Personally, I only have Frost's and Rhino's Primes, so I can't really choose between other vanilla or prime frames yet, but while I do intend to keep my vanilla frames, I'll likely switch to exclusively using their Prime versions once I get them and have both the vanilla and Prime versions maxed. Rhino Prime having higher armor than vanilla Rhino is nice, for example, and once I get Volt Prime, I'll likely never use regular Volt again except to mess around on low-level missions.

I honestly hate the idea of all frames becoming prime. What would happen to players like me who spent about a YEAR farming vauban? That would become time wasted and make the game unfair (to myself at least). I havent spent a single penny on warframe but i already have items and equipment that players would trade 400p for. All of the people tnat farmed vauban like I did would be tossed aside by those pay-to-win players who would by the prime access the second it comes out. Not that i have any problem with thise kind of players. I just think that it would be unfair to players who have grinded the original warframe. Nezha is a decent example. All those players who farmed nezha and might possibly still be farming her from the sorties would mean that their time was wasted. It's just the hard-to-get wafframes that I wouldn't want to be primed.

That's why I feel its so troubling that all frames will eventually become primed. Thing is too that I think some frames are already great as they are and if anything they should get the excalibur treatment-a rework instead of being primed. I honestly think after the rework, Saryn doesn't need to be primed. Instead, Banshee should be primed. Other frames that I feel shouldn't be primed ever and just reworked if they are to be buffed are:

Wukong

Mesa 

Equinox (I did not grind all those hours for SIX parts just for it to be replaced by a prime version)

Nezah

Vauban

Atlas (maaayybe I can see him being primed though)

I used to find a reason to keep the old frames around as a backup when revives were on a per-frame basis. Squad needs a Frost for a long run but your Frost-Prime died too much in a long defense earlier today? Still got a 4-revive frame with the same functionality.

Same went for running something casually without concerning yourself about risking your more perfected Prime variant's revives. Run with your non-prime, doesn't matter if you drop due to some run of bad luck. Still got your fully revivable frame for that over-an-hour-long Survival or whatever.

Now I just keep them around because I'm a completionist freak like that. Never any reason to use them now.

Primes are direct upgrades to normal frames and should be treated as such- not entirely new frames as they currently are. Allowing normal frames to be upgraded to prime would fix any problems of obsoleteness. To fix cosmetic issues, prime frames could toggle vanilla and prime aesthetics so players would be able to make their prime frames look normal.