Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Lasers - Too Slow And Inaccurate

Armistad

I've been using the supra for a while now and it isn't as fun as I'd thought it would be. I think the accuracy and projectile speed should be increased. Yes, the gun has high damage and fast fire rate, but it feels very sloppy. It is especially ineffective when enemies are moving because of latency and how slow the projectiles are.

The concept of a spin-up weapon with slowly travelling projectiles and low accuracy is inherently broken for everything except for melee and cover fire (which is irrelevant in this game).

Just look at the Corpus tech. They aren't really dangerous if you stay on the move and out of shotgun range.

What did you expect? A straight upgrade to the gorgon thus invalidating its use? Because that is what you sound like.

The concept of a spin-up weapon with slowly travelling projectiles and low accuracy is inherently broken for everything except for melee and cover fire (which is irrelevant in this game).

Just look at the Corpus tech. They aren't really dangerous if you stay on the move and out of shotgun range.

What did you expect? A straight upgrade to the gorgon thus invalidating its use? Because that is what you sound like.

I was kinda expecting weapons to not be a total downgrade from the weapons we already have.

Also I think the Supra would work better like the Collector's Particle Beam or the Particle Rifle.

Edited by Caliocerion

I agree in essence with the OP but not in specifics; I wouldn't mind inaccuracy or slow projectile speed, but having both really does hurt the weapon badly. I think they need to narrow the shot dispersion to more like Braton's level, given that it's not a hitscan weapon it shouldn't become OP from such a buff.

It's four mastery levels above the Gorgon, takes 6 days to craft and a ridiculous resource investment. So yes, I do expect an outright upgrade that obsoletes the prior weapon. End game weapons obsoleting early game weapons is not a bad thing, it's also not uncommon.

For me, it is a straight upgrade from the Gorgon. I've been using it all day, and my only complaint is that it looks like it's made of Legos. Seriously, even the curvy bits look like hexagonal tubes...

As someone who's used to having to lead with a gun, it feels perfectly fine. Sure, it would be even better if it had faster projectiles... But I've not at all had an issue with hitting enemies... It even works are relatively long range if you simply tap it rather than just sending a wall of bullets downfield.

I agree in essence with the OP but not in specifics; I wouldn't mind inaccuracy or slow projectile speed, but having both really does hurt the weapon badly. I think they need to narrow the shot dispersion to more like Braton's level, given that it's not a hitscan weapon it shouldn't become OP from such a buff.

It's four mastery levels above the Gorgon, takes 6 days to craft and a ridiculous resource investment. So yes, I do expect an outright upgrade that obsoletes the prior weapon. End game weapons obsoleting early game weapons is not a bad thing, it's also not uncommon.

Yes it would make sense as a straight upgrade from gorgon considering the mastery rank and the effort to make it.

You guys do realize that this weapon is actually in the hands of our enemies too?

If this gun actually gets as powerful as you want it, Corpus defense will get ultrahard.

Also mastery rank is nothing but an artificial entanglement that locks cool looking content from players.

I have proposed exactly what you said for a long time but DE has decided that all weapons should be sidegrades thus nerfing Gorgon and HEK to fall in line with the rest. There must be good reasons to use both Gorgon and Supra.

I spent 3 forma and a potato on my gorgon. If the Supra invalidates my Gorgon I want my money back.

For the sake of balance you cannot expect more than the cool looks and maybe a polarity slot.

Especially since we don't have high-end enemies which make OTT-weapons a necessity.

Looking forward to test the gun, though. In about half a year. Because I'm in a small clan.

who cares just add cryo rounds and get face to face or medium range to an enemy or just spray the bullets on hordes and the slow bullet will be fixed + supra has a bug of stray bullets on close range hope its gonna get fixed soon but overall supra is going to kill the gorgon haha my gorgon will rust on my inventory cause of supra

You guys do realize that this weapon is actually in the hands of our enemies too?

If this gun actually gets as powerful as you want it, Corpus defense will get ultrahard.

I'd be extremely surprised if the player guns were identical in stats to the enemy guns. It's just flat out poor design since it brings in the very issue you mentioned.

I'd be extremely surprised if the player guns were identical in stats to the enemy guns. It's just flat out poor design since it brings in the very issue you mentioned.

It is.

That's why they changed the grineer lancer weapon to grakata.

Remember when the devs "fixed" the FPS issue ? grienners with bratons with 90000000000 of rof....

Yes it would make sense as a straight upgrade from gorgon considering the mastery rank and the effort to make it.

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The Gorgon and Supra play differently from each other, and it would be a shame if one was unusable because another weapon was just better. What I do support is Prime weapons, because they are exactly the same except for slightly higher damage.

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. The Gorgon and Supra play differently from each other, and it would be a shame if one was unusable because another weapon was just better. What I do support is Prime weapons, because they are exactly the same except for slightly higher damage.

What do you mean unsable? Did the Gorgon stop working in U8 because the Supra was released?

What do you mean unsable? Did the Gorgon stop working in U8 because the Supra was released?

If a weapon has no advantages over another weapon, there is no reason to use it other than if you like it. Ideally no weapon would suffer from this, although I don't expect perfect balance to be achieved. We shouldn't go obsoleting weaponry because one is 'harder to get'.

I agree, I won't be getting one anytime soon (reset my account, currently rebuilding) but I'm kinda disturbed the devs seem to buff and nerf things based on the highly biased community opinions.

I mean, they have the metrics, so they really don't need to nerf/buff based on subjective opinion or outright whining.

It's already more powerful than the Gorgon dps-wise, the few drawbacks it has keep it from being used by everyone and their dog (that can get their hands on it, and trust me it's not that hard).

The Gorgon is woefully inaccurate. Watching mikeb's video, the Supra is a hell lot more accurate than the Gorgon. Let it have at least a few drawbacks, please?

And if you actually think NPC enemies use the weapons we use with the exact same stats, in a game where enemy damage scales depending on level, you might wanna think about it for more than .5 seconds.

I was kinda expecting weapons to not be a total downgrade from the weapons we already have.

Also I think the Supra would work better like the Collector's Particle Beam or the Particle Rifle.

you mean...like the Flux Rifle?

Wiki said it is the Fusion-Moa laser

Read the faq - no upgrade weapons. Want an LMG that can be used for close and long range in semi auto sniping? Get a gorgon. Want an LMG for CQC? Get a supra. It's like saying that boltor is good an all, but its spread and projectile velocity sucks compared to a braton, buff plx.

There HAVE TO be some trade offs between weapons, otherwise they will end up too similar OR one ends up better and everyone will get it and end up looking the same. You get high base damage, which scales good with mods and good attack speed, but you wont be able to crit or use it accurately. Otherwise gorgon has no use.

If a weapon has no advantages over another weapon, there is no reason to use it other than if you like it. Ideally no weapon would suffer from this, although I don't expect perfect balance to be achieved. We shouldn't go obsoleting weaponry because one is 'harder to get'.

Okay, I see what you mean and I agree.

We need to nerf every melee that is better than the Skana down the the level of the Skana so that people who prefer the Skana don't feel like they have to use something different or feel sad.

Lets do the same thing with every other primary and the Grakata while we're at it because if one person feels weak EVERYONE should feel weak.

Okay, I see what you mean and I agree.

We need to nerf every melee that is better than the Skana down the the level of the Skana so that people who prefer the Skana don't feel like they have to use something different or feel sad.

Lets do the same thing with every other primary and the Grakata while we're at it because if one person feels weak EVERYONE should feel weak.

Please no slippery slope arguments. It's the dumbest kind of sarcasm.