Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur High Damage Build

3iito

Question

So I started playing Warframe a week ago and I already got him to level 30 and I picked up some weapons and got them to level 30 also.But I still feel like I could do more damage and survive better in the void and other missions with the right mods.If you guys can help me build a high damage Excalibur build  with mods that are I can get since I'm a noob.Thanks. 

Edited by 3iito

12 answers to this question

You don't need too much power strength mods on Excalibur, build them around efficiency and duration, then put an augment for Radial Blind, those finishers are well enough for end game. My Excalibur only has a single intensify for power strength, the damage is still wrecking on hour long void survs. 

You don't need too much power strength mods on Excalibur, build them around efficiency and duration, then put an augment for Radial Blind, those finishers are well enough for end game. My Excalibur only has a single intensify for power strength, the damage is still wrecking on hour long void survs.

What I originally had in mind was a op melee build that I can solo anything from void survs to high mission boss fights.But I like your idea also because with your build I can use it when I'm playing in a team and i can use it for other multiple things.Can you list the mods needed and the weapons and mods needed for the weapon.Thanks.

my go to all casual build 

b7998ab04f118581504fb0733a6bad31143.jpg

Note what melle mod carry over exalted blade so you my want to make a good melle build

Good build,is it for solo or can you also use it in void with a team?

the biggest impact on Damage from Slash Dash or Exalted Blade will be the Mods on your Melee Weapon.

having Pressure Point and the appropriate Elemental Combo's for the Enemies you're against will multiply the Damage to an alarming level.

Alright thanks man.

When you are fighting against lvl 100+ Corrupted Bombards and Heavy Gunners - you'll still want to have high Power Strength, unless you intend to use a finisher for each one of them.

If you still don't have all the mods required for a complete Excalibur build, I would suggest getting Flow and then focusing on Efficiency. You don't need to focus on duration, unless you are making an RB build, but you should get some, when you are going to use Fleeting Expertise. Maxed Streamline + Fleeting will set your EBlade cost to the possible minimum. Primed Continuity will allow you to fit in Transient Fortitude without increasing EBlade cost.

When you have both Streamline and Fleeting, you can get rid of Flow, unless you are planning to use Quick Thinking, then you obviously will want to have one, primed if possible.

Mod your weapon for pure damage, as EBlade does not excel at criticals nor status procs, but it has absurd base damage. Assuming you always keep Life Strike in your weapon, maximum EBlade DPS is achieved via Pressure Points, 4 x 90% elemental damage mods, Spoiled Strike, Berserker. It might fell uncomfortable untill you get Berserker to proc, so you might feel better exchanging one of elemental mods for Fury.

About surviveability, having maxed Vitality and Steel Fiber will allow you to barely face-tank one lvl 105 T4 Corrupted Bombard missile, if you have EBlade up - you'll have about 100 HP left.

When you are fighting against lvl 100+ Corrupted Bombards and Heavy Gunners - you'll still want to have high Power Strength, unless you intend to use a finisher for each one of them.

If you still don't have all the mods required for a complete Excalibur build, I would suggest getting Flow and then focusing on Efficiency. You don't need to focus on duration, unless you are making an RB build, but you should get some, when you are going to use Fleeting Expertise. Maxed Streamline + Fleeting will set your EBlade cost to the possible minimum. Primed Continuity will allow you to fit in Transient Fortitude without increasing EBlade cost.

When you have both Streamline and Fleeting, you can get rid of Flow, unless you are planning to use Quick Thinking, then you obviously will want to have one, primed if possible.

Mod your weapon for pure damage, as EBlade does not excel at criticals nor status procs, but it has absurd base damage. Assuming you always keep Life Strike in your weapon, maximum EBlade DPS is achieved via Pressure Points, 4 x 90% elemental damage mods, Spoiled Strike, Berserker. It might fell uncomfortable untill you get Berserker to proc, so you might feel better exchanging one of elemental mods for Fury.

About surviveability, having maxed Vitality and Steel Fiber will allow you to barely face-tank one lvl 105 T4 Corrupted Bombard missile, if you have EBlade up - you'll have about 100 HP left.

Thanks 

Warframe_x64_2016_01_05_02_13_53_516.png

This is my main Excal build.

- Vitality + Steel Fiber for survivability

- Rage to never run out of energy

- Still enough power range for Radial Blind to be useful

With Excal you have to keep in mind that efficiency is more important than power strength. Radial Blind triples your melee damage (including Exalted Blade) and high efficiency means you are able to spam it quiet often. Being able to spam Radial Blind also helps with surviving against lvl 100+ enemies.

Warframe_x64_2016_01_05_02_13_53_516.png

This is my main Excal build.

- Vitality + Steel Fiber for survivability

- Rage to never run out of energy

- Still enough power range for Radial Blind to be useful

With Excal you have to keep in mind that efficiency is more important than power strength. Radial Blind triples your melee damage (including Exalted Blade) and high efficiency means you are able to spam it quiet often. Being able to spam Radial Blind also helps with surviving against lvl 100+ enemies.

So, before focus my build on full power str for a EB build, first get the good effects of RB for the triples DMG of melee? and then build for EB?.

So what is good for a EB build, in base of full duration+Power Str or only Str + efficiency

Bit late, but this is my go all STR/EB build using 1.68 energy/sec, betting on the fact that you would kill the enemies before they do. I find this quite decent to use in void etc. Can switch for primed continuity and max narrow minded (assuming EB isn't affected by range, which I think it isn't) but personally too lazy to forma it again. Basically: strength>efficiency>duration if you are more focused on the damage. I paired this with zenurik, with 4 energy/sec my pool would've recovered before the next round starts.

Warframe0010.jpg

I personally pair my excal with war: (need to max blood rush and probably forma it again)

Warframe0011.jpg

Valteria has it right, RB pretty much makes damage mods redundant since the damage is absolutely ridiculous regardless of your power strength, with Radiant Finish raising the maximum effective ceiling, even when not using EB. Building a good and reliable melee is much more important overall than power strength.

My current build has max efficiency+primed continuity and an intensify, a maxed Arcane Trickery, maxed Arcane Strike, with Shadow Step from the Naramon way, my Excal is unstoppable.