The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Help.

(PSN)Edzillah

Question

Wanting to build a Vauban for defense / mobile D.

My goal is to be able to have a 100% uptime on bastile. Not too worried about the range, since it only needs to cover the points.

Here is my build ive been working on:

http://goo.gl/trNnU3

Could be a no forma build if you cut down on vitality and redirection by half.  

Any suggestions or comments from players who have experience with Vauban would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by (PS4)Edzillah

16 answers to this question

Your build seems fine, but I don't always run Vitality and Redirection, usually just one or the other. Also try and fit in a repelling Bastille.

My build for Vauban is

E Siphon

Constitution

Intensify

Continuity (primed)

Fleeting Expertise (r3)

Narrow Minded (r6))

Stretch

Redirection

Repelling Bastille

Speed Drift

I only forma'd him twice, a D polarity and a V (for continuity)

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

1. get rid of vitality and redirection

use (primed) flow and quick thinking instead

gives u way more survivability + more energy

2. im not a huge fan of energy siphon ...

rather use corrosive projection or shield disruption depending on the enemys

3. think about using primed continuity instead of a normal one

this is a build that should do the job for a bastile booben

id play around with swapping out stretch, streamline, cunning drift, power drift and intensify to see what fits better in an averrage mission

Try this build. Maximum range, and high duration. Enemies can't enter the field either due to the augment. If you want it to be cheaper, swap out constitution for fleeting expertise at the rank you desire so you can cast it more often. Having a maxed primed continuity will also be better, but you will need another forma. 

225 shield is too little and its also not enough to justify having faster recharge, so redirection is added so you can at least take a hit and have it recharge faster than 5 shield every 6 years. If you think your good enough not to need it you can always swap out shield and the recharge for something else like another drift mod and/or Rapid resilience so most procs only last one tick. 

j8664fG.png

In my opinion. Power drift is useless for Vauban. He does small amount of damage. If I was you I would replace power drift with Coactating Drift (can't Remeber how its spelled). This will energy siphon to go up alot faster, and trust energy can run out on Vauban quite quickly.

In my opinion. Power drift is useless for Vauban. He does small amount of damage.

If I was you I would replace power drift with Coactating Drift (can't Remeber how its spelled).

This will energy siphon to go up alot faster, and trust energy can run out on Vauban quite quickly.

Strength determines how many enemies Bastille can hold at once.

(Though I much prefer Enemy Sense, regardless.)

Coaction Drift ... dunno, if .09 Energy per second is enough to make you happy, well, good on ya, mate :P

Your build seems fine, but I don't always run Vitality and Redirection, usually just one or the other. Also try and fit in a repelling Bastille.

My build for Vauban is

E Siphon

Constitution

Intensify

Continuity (primed)

Fleeting Expertise (r3)

Narrow Minded (r6))

Stretch

Redirection

Repelling Bastille

Speed Drift

I only forma'd him twice, a D polarity and a V (for continuity)

Do you find that you are able to keep up the shield all the time ? What's your duration and max number of enemies it holds?

1. get rid of vitality and redirection

use (primed) flow and quick thinking instead

gives u way more survivability + more energy

2. im not a huge fan of energy siphon ...

rather use corrosive projection or shield disruption depending on the enemys

3. think about using primed continuity instead of a normal one

this is a build that should do the job for a bastile booben

id play around with swapping out stretch, streamline, cunning drift, power drift and intensify to see what fits better in an averrage mission

I ideally want to be able to sustain my own shield without any outside help, as well as be able to keep it up 100% of the time.  So that makes E-siphon mandatory and quick thinking out of the question, imo.  

I don't have any primed mods yet :( just started playing on PS4 a few weeks ago.  Maybe in the future :P

Edited by (PS4)Edzillah

Try this build. Maximum range, and high duration. Enemies can't enter the field either due to the augment. If you want it to be cheaper, swap out constitution for fleeting expertise at the rank you desire so you can cast it more often. Having a maxed primed continuity will also be better, but you will need another forma. 

225 shield is too little and its also not enough to justify having faster recharge, so redirection is added so you can at least take a hit and have it recharge faster than 5 shield every 6 years. If you think your good enough not to need it you can always swap out shield and the recharge for something else like another drift mod and/or Rapid resilience so most procs only last one tick. 

j8664fG.png

Do you really think that you can keep out enough enemies without power strength?  I ideally want to run this build in an 30-40 wave scenario in something like ODD or t4 defensive/Mobile D.  I like the idea of running Repelling Bastille along side some power strength mods, but I don't know about dropping strength completely. 

edit: Wow, I didn't realize repelling bastille has a 100% chance at max rank, I thought it was just a %. that changes a lot.. I think I will run this and just stack duration and efficiency.  Thanks for the input! I'll edit my main post once I get a build setup.

Edited by (PS4)Edzillah

Do you really think that you can keep out enough enemies without power strength?  I ideally want to run this build in an 30-40 wave scenario in something like ODD or t4 defensive/Mobile D.  I like the idea of running Repelling Bastille along side some power strength mods, but I don't know about dropping strength completely. 

edit: Wow, I didn't realize repelling bastille has a 100% chance at max rank, I thought it was just a %. that changes a lot.. I think I will run this and just stack duration and efficiency.  Thanks for the input! I'll edit my main post once I get a build setup.

yeah, repelling Bastille is really op, it basically brings back the old Bastille somewhat and no problem! Happy to give my input as a Vauban main myself. 

These builds are good for the most party, don't be so focused on squeezing 2 tank mods in there at once, just one redirection/vitality is good enough

Do you think Vigor would be better then Redirection or Vitality?

This is what I am running atm.  http://goo.gl/D4Bhr7

This is what I am considering - just because I would like a larger radius for Corpus and grenieer.  http://goo.gl/GvZDv3

Edited by (PS4)Edzillah

Usually, vitality is all you need - on most frames. 

Redirection is for frames with high shield and low armor/health (mag ..volt maybe) - but even then not in all cases.

Vigor - this is very rarely used imo, i have it on few specialized configurations /builds. 

Vauban has more shields then health, shouldn't i use redirection over vitality ?

Vauban has more shields then health

Uhm ... no?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vauban

Health 100.0 (300.0 at rank 30)

Shield 75.0 (225.0 at rank 30)

With high Range and Efficiency (also Enemy Sense to help see enemies out of line of sight),

my Vauban can spam Bastille all over the place so he doesn't get hit in the first place.

I still use Vitality just in case (of e.g. Infested Toxin shenanigans), though.