Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Why Is This Going To Be A Launch Title For The Ps4?

RealityMachina

Ok, Digital Extremes, there's a lot I'm willing to deal with as growing pains for a in development game.

I'm willing to deal with the fact that your payment processor sucks. I mean, your payment processor has a tendency to reject cards that are valid. (My repeated attempts to get ultimate pay to accept my card frustrated me to the point I ended up spending more money than I wanted to spend on Warframe on a different game, War Thunder. This is kinda a bad thing from your POV, if I had to guess.)

I'm willing to deal with the fact that I have played far more polished open betas, and that in my experience, Warframe is more of an open alpha.

I'm willing to deal with the fact that since this is your F2P game, that your economy's going be much more out of whack than other games. (Though this is partly due to my belief that this game should really be considered an open alpha)

I'm willing to deal with the fact that your tutorial needs lots of work in order to explain more than just the basics. (Again, partly due to my belief that this game should really be considered an open alpha)

So, with all the above said: are you guys absolutely sure you want to go ahead and become a (pseudo since this is a online F2P game)finalized release?

Because unless I'm missing something here because of a lack of information given to us (and I really hope I do because the last thing I want is DE shooting itself in the foot here), I...honestly don't see Warframe doing well on consoles. At all.

Honestly it's great business sense... but it's what the makers of Everquest said... and the people with the idea for the Matrix Online... and Lucas Arts too when they sold SWG...

It's a great opportunity for DE to open the game to a much wider audience and that's great for them and they should be proud... I genuinely do hope things turn out well.

That being said, from a gamer / consumer's perspective I have never witnessed anything positive for my interests happening from a partnership with Sony.

I don't see anything wrong with expanding. We get more people to play with

This assumes cross-platform connections (which are mainly up to Sony). There is also a downside to us PC players as depending on how messed up Sony's patching agreements are we would have to wait for patches to stay in sync with PS4 users... so we could keep playing with them. It is not a clear cut Win/Win there.

Edited by Brasten

More console users hosting, less S#&$ty PCs to deal with.

You realise your lag is down to the host's connection (and your own) and not their computer spec right?

Doesn't bother me either way, I have nothing against console gamers was one myself until about 3 years ago. Doubt it would be cross platform anyway, most shooter's ain't but then this isn't PvP focused so who knows.

At least it's not an Xbox One release title.  Strangely, I hope the reason they can't test or patch the PC version decently is because they're all working on the PS4 version.

They'd better damn well not screw up being a PS4 launch title, and the first F2P launch title I've ever heard of.  That would be like winning a lottery ticket and then tossing it down a garbage disposal.

Consoles have silly patching regulations.

As an avid player of Borderlands 2, I saw the situation, first hand and it certainly did NOT impress me as PS3 and Xbox players were easily behind patches compared to the PC gamers (the awful shotgun damage registration came into mind, console users were 2 months behind PC users for the "fix" ).

As long DE keeps the console user base separate from the PC, by all means go ahead.

I do not want patches to be delayed forever !

As long DE keeps the console user base separate from the PC, by all means go ahead.

I do not want patches to be delayed forever !

Unless, you know, they start catering to the console and giving them all the cool exclusives and leave the PC version in forever beta and forget it.

OP does have a point though. If they can barely run the PC version, how can they run a Console Version as well. I fear players will get the shorter end of the stick. Dont get me wrong I love Warframe and DE but regardless this decision will affect this game future indefinitely. I wish good future successes with Warframe and DE.

P.S. The fact that the game is still in beta should jog people heads

Edited by iBrigandi

It's simple: The game isn't anywhere near finished. Why would they make such a bold commitment? As much as I respect DE they do not have the most experience, and it doesn't take a genius to realise this is a pretty unnecessary step towards overextending just about everything.

Their jumping the gun... Maybe to meet Sony demands for the release of PS4... Leads to believe that DE might be inexperienced business people...Leads to overreaching and such... Decrease quality in game

Words of Wisdom

1 crab in the bag is worth more than 4 crab in the ocean.

Edited by iBrigandi

Their jumping the gun... Maybe to meet Sony demands for the release of PS4... Leads to believe that DE might be inexperienced business people...Leads to overreaching and such... Decrease quality in game

Words of Wisdom

1 crab in the bag is worth more than 4 crab in the ocean.

I like that saying, gonna use it a lot from now on.

DE wants a lot of crabs though, and instead of sleeping with a hooker, they just keep reaching into the ocean and all the crabs they have fall out of their bag back into the water. DE's got no crabs, man. But they keep reaching for new ones.