Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corpus Proxy Upgrade Project

Jamescell

I have to say, I like the idea of the new simian unit, but I would suggest it take the place of a majority of crewmen. I'd also suggest a slightly less human appearance, but it is definetly a good idea. The moas should stay frankly, as their goal is not so much utilitarian as it is defensive/offensive. They are cheap, mass produceable guns, mounted on a pair of legs, literally. Aside from a sprinkling of human crew members, these simians would make a very lore-friendly replacement for the crewman, them weilding the supras, lasers and other weaponry in place of the supposedly scarce human resources.

Just my 2 cents though. The corpus need quite a bit of looking at, and this would make a good start, this whole idea of yours.

Edited by BulletsforTeeth

15 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

I have to say, I like the idea of the new simian unit, but I would suggest it take the place of a majority of crewmen. I'd also suggest a slightly less human appearance, but it is definetly a good idea. The moas should stay frankly, as their goal is not so much utilitarian as it is defensive/offensive. They are cheap, mass produceable guns, mounted on a pair of legs, literally. Aside from a sprinkling of human crew members, these simians would make a very lore-friendly replacement for the crewman, them weilding the supras, lasers and other weaponry in place of the supposedly scarce human resources.

I'm glad you like the concept! We have a concept for the aquatic/fish proxy in the works too :P. I disagree that the simian should look less human. Its primary purpose is to fill in for humans, as such it should mimic humans in both appearance and functionality.

As I said in the OP (which I'm still working to restore after deleting most of it), the moa may be cheap, but based on the Corpus' own mantra of profit, the benefit of spending a little more resources on a proxy of similar proportions but with arms far outweighs the cost. This unit could easily be just as mass produced. All it would require is a little more raw materials (and hopefully better AI).

Another reason I'm advocating the removal of the Moa is to fit the theme that this post envisions. A single proxy for each distinct class of animal. The moa is flightless, and thus lacks the most appealing mechanic that birds have to offer. It also doesn't really look like a moa.

I think you make a good point about the simian replacing crewmen. I'm not sure if you read the old post before I accidentally erased most of it, but I talk about removing comba and scrambus, and turning them into corpus crewmen that are now much rarer.

Edited by Jamescell

2 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

I'm glad you like the concept! We have a concept for the aquatic/fish proxy in the works too :P. I disagree that the simian should look less human. Its primary purpose is to fill in for humans, as such it should mimic humans in both appearance and functionality.

As I said in the OP (which I'm still working to restore after deleting most of it), the moa may be cheap, but based on the Corpus' own mantra of profit, the benefit of spending a little more resources on a proxy of similar proportions but with arms far outweighs the cost. This unit could easily be just as mass produced. All it would require is a little more raw materials (and hopefully better AI).

Another reason I'm advocating the removal of the Moa is to fit the theme that this post envisions. A single proxy for each distinct class of animal. The moa is flightless, and thus lacks the most appealing mechanic that birds have to offer. It also doesn't really look like a moa..

I  want a scorpion one for a pet

Hey guys, I just finished writing a paragraph that briefly describes each proxy. With this concept, we plan to introduce the Manta proxy which will replace shield ospreys, but that leaves the new role of the osprey in question.

I was thinking that the osprey could now function like a less powerful version of the attack drone launched by fusion moas, but with more mobility (dashes around like oxium ospreys) and moves around more often as well as faster. On death its corpse would drop a powerful landmine.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Better Ideas?

Edited by Jamescell

3 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

Hey guys, I just finished writing a paragraph that briefly describes each proxy. With this concept, we plan to introduce the Manta proxy which will replace shield ospreys, but leaving the new role of the osprey in question.

I was thinking that the osprey could now function like a less powerful version of the attack drone launched by fusion moas, but with more mobility (dashes around like oxium ospreys) and moves around more often as well as faster. On death its corpse would drop a powerful landmine.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Better Ideas?

*shrugs*

12 hours ago, Jamescell said:

I'm not entirely sure what this means. Sounds like the infested to me.

Okay do you remember amazo from DC? Well he was a android that would copy the traits of super heroes to try and become stronger than them using nano machines so what I'm saying is that the corpus could have like nano machine based enemies that can copy traits from every faction.

The other thing is, and I just thought of it, replacing/phasing out moas entirely is rather unfeasable, as they're rather worked into the lore. Perhaps reduced in number, but not necessarily phased out. If they were phased out entirely, on one hand that would be needlessly wasting assets, as not only would they be removed, but so would mutalist moas. Several art and model assets, gone to the wayside. Maybe modify the model a bit and turn them into a different unit, but unless an asset is poorly designed or a standin (Such as the very early model for ancients. Knee shots, anyone?), there's little reason to eliminate it entirely, IMO.

18 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

also I think nullifiers should have bubbles that would act like bubbles so instead of shrinking they would have holes form allowing a player to shoot inside.

Dude, the edit button is there for a reason. Add to a previous post rather than spamming separate ones with single ideas.

Just now, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

have you ever tried to do this on a phone? also sorry.

Aye, I visit these forums on a regular basis on my phone. Then again, I have an S5 so I have a decent amount of screen to work with. Still, editing one post is a better idea. If I were to post in separate messages like that, a thread would be likely to end up with upwards of 5 messages in a row from me, which can get a little annoying lol.

40 minutes ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

Aye, I visit these forums on a regular basis on my phone. Then again, I have an S5 so I have a decent amount of screen to work with. Still, editing one post is a better idea. If I were to post in separate messages like that, a thread would be likely to end up with upwards of 5 messages in a row from me, which can get a little annoying lol.

yeah true, but editing on my s4 is hard.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, BulletsforTeeth said:

The other thing is, and I just thought of it, replacing/phasing out moas entirely is rather unfeasable, as they're rather worked into the lore. Perhaps reduced in number, but not necessarily phased out. If they were phased out entirely, on one hand that would be needlessly wasting assets, as not only would they be removed, but so would mutalist moas. Several art and model assets, gone to the wayside. Maybe modify the model a bit and turn them into a different unit, but unless an asset is poorly designed or a standin (Such as the very early model for ancients. Knee shots, anyone?), there's little reason to eliminate it entirely, IMO.

DE has always found a way to work in lore that explains changes. Infested moas could be justified if the Corpus decided to abandon the production of moas in favor of the annoying Bursa. The infested moas we encounter could be the leftovers from a time when the infestation was more aggressive. Same with the infested crewmen models. 

Also, I really think the infested should be neglected until the other factions have been well defined and developed since their models are based on other factions. If DE wants each faction to present a well polished experience, they can't just keep adding a plethora of rainbow-reskin units with mediocre designs and unremarkable behaviors. 

I see your point, but I'm aiming for an ideal that offers true polish. DE's never needed help with being practical or aiming for simple functionality.

Edited by Jamescell

Teleported to your concept by you ! 

I like it but I'm not fond of the mass unit-replacement you are thinking about here. 

In all honnestly most of the current units should stay, but others have to be added in order to bring challenge and diversity. 

Awesome art !