The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, The Other Side Of The Coin.

MokutoBunshi

The main problem I have with limbo is he is extremely bad when you actually have to kill a lot of enemies, he's amazing if all you want to do is run through a mission. But having to activate 3 abilities just for a damage boost just isn't worth all the effort, especially when I can just bring mirage.

He's the frame in the biggest need of a rework IMO.

Limbo can be good for YOU like that, but face it, without a rework his "1 assured death at a time" could NEVER compete with ANY other warframe offensively right now

I don't think he was meant to be an offensive frame from the start..

and I don't confide in his defensive\utility ability either. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

That's YOU. I invested time in that frame, so thank you very much.

The main problem I have with limbo is he is extremely bad when you actually have to kill a lot of enemies, he's amazing if all you want to do is run through a mission. But having to activate 3 abilities just for a damage boost just isn't worth all the effort, especially when I can just bring mirage.

You can use:

a) syndicate procs

b) cataclysm sniping with you on a ledge and don't aggro everyone inside cata

c) Use mirage which does not guarantee 100% safety (some enemies always seem to be unblinded (disco ball drifted away......) or does not get blinded for a longer duration, so mirage seems a bit painful to build and use for some people) because people who use it has little knowledge on how to play it, but I'm sure you're an exception

d) Banshee

e) Equinox

f) Volt/Saryn/Ember/Frost with weapon proc augments

g) Loki stealth crit

h) Ash/Excal/Valkyr opener with finishing attacks

i)???

Limbo was never an "offensive frame" in the first place. Trinity needs to use two skills at once on the same enemy (and timed well) to kill it within a longer duration than Limbo does, and does not guarantee invulnerability. If any frame needs a rework, Limbo won't be the first one to receive it (unless they enable looting in cataclysm AND enable a quick way to take down nullifiers which is a different story). Take a look at Zephyr (why can't she FLY or HOVER?), Hydroid (like turning into a puddle for an entire MINUTE in an interception is totally going to mean that you paid a lot of effort, also relatively bad cc) and Ember (WoF does not scale with enemy level). You know these guys are gonna get fixed first, rather than Limbo here.

Edited by Guest

None of the above changes that he is EXTREMLY niche. In almost all situations any other frame will be a bigger benefit to the mission. And this is where the problenm lies.

Despite having a few uses for him, please do not try to give people the impression that Limbo is fine in his current state.

Would like to see how do you give total invulnerability to a teammate while they drop like flies twice every minute, with a burst heal (optional) and energy+shield (player not under fire) regeneration that they can easily roll out of.

Besides that, I honestly do not see how Limbo is not fine in his current state. Sure, you can say his abilities need improvement and slight tweaks but an entire rework is way over the top. And no "Super big AoEEEEEEEE" please, thank you very much. There ARE ways to adapt to different situations like when you have to kill masses of enemies (chokehold point control remember?), protect an operative (banish + riftwalk + syndicate weapons), protecting a pod / entry point (cataclysm + ledge sniping all the way), which corresponds to survival, defense and its mobile version respectively, which just so happens to be 3 of the most popular missions that most people in recruiting are grinding on. Sounds weird, doesn't it? Just get over with that energy channel stuck in the cataclysm, you'll be able to loot it in the 20 second grace period anyway, so why whine when you have an immortal globe that enables reloading, energy regen (which is what everyone wants anyway, because I see EV TRIN in recruiting ALL THE TIME) which is not that overpowered (balancing much?) with some additional breathing time? It's not Limbo's fault just because every teammate decides to stay 5m away from the cataclysm rim where everyone can ambush you, nor is it the cataclysm's fault that it keeps shinking until it has a radius of 1m for the pod to be invulnerable to melee attackers where you can't hide inside. Is the POD more important here, or are YOU the one who's important here? And do you want a globe that protects the pod and does not get in your trajectory so you can snipe on the other side of it? Cataclysm it is.

Easy access invincibility and energy regen?oh yeah Limbo is definetly the one for that, not Trinity who can do both all while not stopping damage and giving it to all at once.

Your team does not gain as much of a benefit from Rift as you'd like to make everyone think and can even turn out to be a hindrance to them.

Let me make this clear: I am NOT in favor of a complete remake. However I do believe Limbo as is ain't a good Warframe. I suggested minor changes myself, the majority wants a big one though.

Snip

To your points cause your post is a mess

1: Banish can protect teammates and heal: Trinity and Oberon do healing better. You also fail to mention that Banish limits you to either ability damage or attacking things in the rift, few defensive/protective abilities come with that drawback

2 Chokepoint control: Vauban does it better, bastille and vortex neutralize enemies.

3: Protect an operative: Chaos + Radial disarm for good measure, prime them to make them drop faster. Have everyone bring syndicate weapon and watch the lulz ensue

4 Cata + ledge sniping: NICHE

5:  Who is more important: The pod cannot defend itself, I can however defend it. If I'm down the pod goes down. 

6:  Cataclysm is an immortal globe: Snowglobe can be immortal too with the benefit of debuffing enemies. You are going to say the globe is impenetrable from outside to which I reply, that's why the enemies are debuffed, someone can stay in the globe and abilities can reach through the globe. Here's a stretch - walk through the snow globe and kill the enemies, sure it isn't immortality, but you get a more useful teammate Frost at his worst has better CC than Limbo does at his best.

Limbo is not in a good state, that is why so few people use him. It isn't because warframe players are too stupid, it isn't because everyone likes autopilot. Other frames do more than Limbo better than Limbo

I don't think he was meant to be an offensive frame from the start..

That's YOU. I invested time in that frame, so thank you very much.

You can use:

a) syndicate procs

b) cataclysm sniping with you on a ledge and don't aggro everyone inside cata

c) Use mirage which does not guarantee 100% safety (some enemies always seem to be unblinded (disco ball drifted away......) or does not get blinded for a longer duration, so mirage seems a bit painful to build and use for some people) because people who use it has little knowledge on how to play it, but I'm sure you're an exception

d) Banshee

e) Equinox

f) Volt/Saryn/Ember/Frost with weapon proc augments

g) Loki stealth crit

h) Ash/Excal/Valkyr opener with finishing attacks

i)???

Limbo was never an "offensive frame" in the first place. Trinity needs to use two skills at once on the same enemy (and timed well) to kill it within a longer duration than Limbo does, and does not guarantee invulnerability. If any frame needs a rework, Limbo won't be the first one to receive it (unless they enable looting in cataclysm AND enable a quick way to take down nullifiers which is a different story). Take a look at Zephyr (why can't she FLY or HOVER?), Hydroid (like turning into a puddle for an entire MINUTE in an interception is totally going to mean that you paid a lot of effort, also relatively bad cc) and Ember (WoF does not scale with enemy level). You know these guys are gonna get fixed first, rather than Limbo here.

You're quite brave to talk bad about trinity. What else is a trinity able to do? Substain a group with energy instantly? Check. Offer actuall protection that doesn't exclude the group from the game? Check. God mode and damage reflection, also yes sir.

Yeah, limbo was definitly never meant to be offensive, he has a offensive aspect tho, what's the maintopic here. And the funny thing is that he isn't defensive eather... a type of defense that basicly kills you instantly when attacking is no defense eather. He is passive. Not the afk-frame type of passive but the f*cks the whole group up by setting walls type.

Believe what you want pal, its a free immaginary universe. Just don't expect anyone to share your believes as the reality of this frame is a different.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

All right, where to start......

Easy access invincibility and energy regen?oh yeah Limbo is definetly the one for that, not Trinity who can do both all while not stopping damage and giving it to all at once.
Your team does not gain as much of a benefit from Rift as you'd like to make everyone think and can even turn out to be a hindrance to them.

I personally have never stood in enemy fire for 20 seconds being "invulnerable" just because there's a Trinity on the team. Yea sure the overshield thing is gimmicky, but I have never seem a Trinity that's willing to cast blessing within an entire minute duration. Oh, and good luck doing both jobs at the same time spamming blessing once every 4-5 seconds or so with EV in between casts because your random team's going to drop like flies if they even tried to rely on your "damage resistance" if you get knocked down by a random bombard in your face.

I am NOT in favor of a complete remake. However I do believe Limbo as is ain't a good Warframe. I suggested minor changes myself, the majority wants a big one though.

Main problem here. +1 for you.

To your points cause your post is a mess

1: Banish can protect teammates and heal: Trinity and Oberon do healing better. You also fail to mention that Banish limits you to either ability damage or attacking things in the rift, few defensive/protective abilities come with that drawback

2 Chokepoint control: Vauban does it better, bastille and vortex neutralize enemies.

3: Protect an operative: Chaos + Radial disarm for good measure, prime them to make them drop faster. Have everyone bring syndicate weapon and watch the lulz ensue

4 Cata + ledge sniping: NICHE

5:  Who is more important: The pod cannot defend itself, I can however defend it. If I'm down the pod goes down. 

6:  Cataclysm is an immortal globe: Snowglobe can be immortal too with the benefit of debuffing enemies. You are going to say the globe is impenetrable from outside to which I reply, that's why the enemies are debuffed, someone can stay in the globe and abilities can reach through the globe. Here's a stretch - walk through the snow globe and kill the enemies, sure it isn't immortality, but you get a more useful teammate Frost at his worst has better CC than Limbo does at his best.

Limbo is not in a good state, that is why so few people use him. It isn't because warframe players are too stupid, it isn't because everyone likes autopilot. Other frames do more than Limbo better than Limbo

1. That's where caster frames come in, thank you very much. But still true. How often do you see Oberon playing here? I'm seeing more Limbo than Oberon at this point when running random sorties and stuff.

2. Another caster that is incredibly fragile and would go down if anything goes wrong. And I mean ANYTHING. Looks like a job for Limbo protection services here.

3. Limbo banish operative = mission complete. Need I say more?

4. Fine, not my fault if you don't like that style of play.

5. The cataclysm can defend the pod already. It's already well protected on its own, the only job left is the killing.

6. Well good luck recasting it every 3 seconds buddy.

You're quite brave to talk bad about trinity. What else is a trinity able to do? Substain a group with energy instantly? Check. Offer actuall protection that doesn't exclude the group from the game? Check. God mode and damage reflection, also yes sir.

Again, good luck casting all that every 4 seconds (negative duration EV) and your team will die if they even trusted that "invulnerable" lie. Not surprising there, considering Limbo only goes down when the timer's up or in a null bubble or hit with radiation damage or lazers or whatever that's not enemy fire (considering Limbo is thoughtful enough to think about where to put the cataclysm and not endanger himself with it).

Yeah, limbo was definitly never meant to be offensive, he has a offensive aspect tho, what's the maintopic here. And the funny thing is that he isn't defensive eather... a type of defense that basicly kills you instantly when attacking is no defense eather. He is passive. Not the afk-frame type of passive but the f*cks the whole group up by setting walls type.

Believe what you want pal, its a free immaginary universe. Just don't expect anyone to share your believes as the reality of this frame is a different.

Volt is a god when banished or in cataclysm. Nekros that are banished also share the same trait. Excal, Ember and Valkyr can gain energy while using their 4th. Banshee can cast all she wants. And do people credit Limbo for banishing them? No. No they don't. Do people ask for Limbo to banish them? No. No they don't. Do they appreciate Limbo banishing them, giving some energy, letting them pop restores and specters, then rolling back out and rejoin the battle? No, no they don't.

Good luck sticking to your Trinity and struggling to give energy and heal and revive at the same time, folks.

Edited by Guest

All right, where to start......

I personally have never stood in enemy fire for 20 seconds being "invulnerable" just because there's a Trinity on the team. Yea sure the overshield thing is gimmicky, but I have never seem a Trinity that's willing to cast blessing within an entire minute duration. Oh, and good luck doing both jobs at the same time spamming blessing once every 4-5 seconds or so with EV in between casts because your random team's going to drop like flies if they even tried to rely on your "damage resistance" if you get knocked down by a random bombard in your face.

Main problem here. +1 for you.

1. That's where caster frames come in, thank you very much. But still true. How often do you see Oberon playing here? I'm seeing more Limbo than Oberon at this point when running random sorties and stuff.

2. Another caster that is incredibly fragile and would go down if anything goes wrong. And I mean ANYTHING. Looks like a job for Limbo protection services here.

3. Limbo banish operative = mission complete. Need I say more?

4. Fine, not my fault if you don't like that style of play.

5. The cataclysm can defend the pod already. It's already well protected on its own, the only job left is the killing.

6. Well good luck recasting it every 3 seconds buddy.

Again, good luck casting all that every 4 seconds (negative duration EV) and your team will die if they even trusted that "invulnerable" lie. Not surprising there, considering Limbo only goes down when the timer's up or in a null bubble or hit with radiation damage or lazers or whatever that's not enemy fire (considering Limbo is thoughtful enough to think about where to put the cataclysm and not endanger himself with it).

Volt is a god when banished or in cataclysm. Nekros that are banished also share the same trait. Excal, Ember and Valkyr can gain energy while using their 4th. Banshee can cast all she wants. And do people credit Limbo for banishing them? No. No they don't. Do people ask for Limbo to banish them? No. No they don't. Do they appreciate Limbo banishing them, giving some energy, letting them pop restores and specters, then rolling back out and rejoin the battle? No, no they don't.

Good luck sticking to your Trinity and struggling to give energy and heal and revive at the same time, folks.

Are we talking about the same volt? Cause i honestly find him better on a speed build. Where you play his CC and buff to its fullest. Necros? Why would a frame that desperately needs to kill to substain its shadows appreciate beein banished into another dimension? A frame like banshee that has sufficient CC has no reason to stay in the rift and loose the buffed damage eather. I roll instantly out of this bull with all of these frames. And yea, INSTANT energy is FAR better then "rejoining the battle" as it doesn't exclude you from said...

A good trin doesn't struggle eather. Trin is, very specific builds aside, a 1.rate tank. The alternative to a low duration EV is just popping the cast by killing enemys. The option to selfharm is just tanking damage to cast the heal.

You sir have obviously no idea how these frames play/are able to play. But this halfbaked meta information is enough for you to force a strategy onto them?

You're basicly showcasing the problem with limbo...

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

As derailed as this topic already is, I wanted to close my thoughts on Trinity:

1) [...] I have never seem a Trinity that's willing to cast blessing within an entire minute duration.

2) Oh, and good luck doing both jobs at the same time spamming blessing once every 4-5 seconds or so with EV in between casts because your random team's going to drop like flies

3) if they even tried to rely on your "damage resistance" if you get knocked down by a random bombard in your face.

[...]

1) I personally enjoy bless trinity, getting the 99% damage resistance granting complete protection from damage is a regular thing for me.

2) You're thinking about the wrong Trinity to use for this here. You'd definetly go for a bless Trinity to do the job. She does have the 0.1 second of vulnerability (if you trained on how to perform it well, otherwise it is up to 0.5s), however that is a thing with Limbo as well - and he does not protect the whole team at once.

Trinity in this case is also capable to sustain energy, given this one is not global, but whoever needs it most just gets up to the EV marked target and kills it.

3) All it takes to avoid being knocked down is some awareness. Not to forget that the same thing applies to Limbo.

As derailed as this topic already is, I wanted to close my thoughts on Trinity:

1) I personally enjoy bless trinity, getting the 99% damage resistance granting complete protection from damage is a regular thing for me.

2) You're thinking about the wrong Trinity to use for this here. You'd definetly go for a bless Trinity to do the job. She does have the 0.1 second of vulnerability (if you trained on how to perform it well, otherwise it is up to 0.5s), however that is a thing with Limbo as well - and he does not protect the whole team at once.

Trinity in this case is also capable to sustain energy, given this one is not global, but whoever needs it most just gets up to the EV marked target and kills it.

3) All it takes to avoid being knocked down is some awareness. Not to forget that the same thing applies to Limbo.

Your right about derailing...

Maybe more on limbos uses (forum topic) and less on his issues :P

]\'[

I'm not going to explain every single detail, so to summarize it up:

1) Limbo needs a buff, I agree. But not a full scale rework just because people find Limbo outclassed. There are frames that are top notch and specialize in one thing. There are dabblers in the middle. Suck it up.

2) Limbo's sync with casters that relies on duration abilities like Volt or channel abilities like Excalibur is ungodly. It's a shame that not many people see his potential, dumping him for the sake of a rare mod trapped in the rift.

3) You can still kill pretty efficiently if you use syndicate weaponry, or simply roll out or get banished to the rift. It's just as easy as asking. Unless you happen to run right in front of me, I would not banish anyone unless I'm specifically required to do so.

4) 99% damage reduction < 100% damage reduction. Enough said.

Limbo uses are endless. The sky's the limit. You can buff an Excalibur or Valkyr or Ember to the top with Banish. Banish a sortie rescue target and get on with the killing without any worries. Make an immortal pod or computer console entry point with cataclysm. And I'm quite disappointed how underused he is with people undermining his abilities just because their 6 forma soma prime won't work. Ask for a banish and I'll do the job for ya, it'll be a pleasure.

Edited by Guest

A lot of really great (and strong) opinions about our resident top hat/witch's hat/bowler hat wearing favourite original-stance-owner. I'll just quickly outline why I personally like Limbo, it's great if you disagree and it's great if you agree.

A) Banish gives you the ability to negate an enemy completely for x-amount of time. Now, when I say "negate" I mean completely take them out of the game. Any passives, buffs, debuffs, etc that originate from that enemy cease applying to all enemies that do not share the same state as that enemy (for this example assume this is the only enemy phased). If the enemy was an Ancient Healer, this enemy no longer heals Infested enemies in proximity. If the enemy is an Arson/Caustic Eximus, its fire shockwave does not apply to Tenno not in the Rift. The list goes on, but, there's a secondary effect that's important to note here. A phased enemy cannot interact with objects that are unphased. This means that if the enemy is a Warden inside of a vault, they cannot set off the alarm (however much they may want to). Conversely, they also do not alert other enemies in the vault (such as a camera or a Regulator) if they cross their line of sight while phased.

B) Banish's augment mod Haven heals allies for up to 25% of their total health, while this may not seem like a large amount, it can mean all the difference between an ally escaping a swarm of enemies (especially with toxic or viral procs) and going down. Joke: it's also fun to troll your mates with it .

C) Rift Surge works wonderfully on enemies in combination with Banish or Cataclysm as either a one-shot on enemies at low levels, or to kill enemies at higher levels in the "bubble".

D) Cataclysm is great at closing the damage of enemies into a small or large area to deal with, does initial damage, continuous DoT, and damage on deactivation/termination.

Limbo is a bit of a touchy frame to play, especially for newer or less experienced Tenno. Added to the fact that Limbo players occassionally are on the receiving end of unwarranted hostility, Limbo is a very underused, underappreciated, and underdeveloped frame. Of course, dedicated Limbo players are usually brilliant with him and make great additions to any team; if you can find them.

Overall, Limbo is probably one of my prefered frames, maybe #4 on my list of most used frames.

Or you can use Chroma or Banshee and be several times more effective without being a burden to a team.

I find chromas semi tankiness to be actually less viable than a rift walk in nightmare sabotages, sortie defenses... pretty much anything that requires defense.

Banshee may be better though. But again, she is no tank.

]\'[

Bad players are burdens to teams. Any 'Frame in the hands of a good player can be an asset to a team when used properly.

Except limbo.

Like thers a skillfull way to utilice limbis kit in random games... on a team that knows and tollerates you strategy: possible. But you're a burden to evryone else.

I was doing a sortie like a week ago and i was heads up with the limbo...wanna know why? Because he tried to force himself onto me...cause "volt and limbo=godlike", i had something different in mind tho. So all he did was interrupting me TROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME. He didn't even ask and i didn't notice half of the time i was beein banished...pretty sure he even noticed that i tried to roll out evry time i did but he just didn't stop...

Forcing your way trough other players is kinda the opposite of a good player.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Except limbo.

Like thers a skillfull way to utilice limbis kit in random games... on a team that knows and tollerates you strategy: possible. But you're a burden to evryone else.

I was doing a sortie like a week ago and i was heads up with the limbo...wanna know why? Because he tried to force himself onto me...cause "volt and limbo=godlike", i had something different in mind tho. So all he did was interrupting me TROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME. He didn't even ask and i didn't notice half of the time i was beein banished...pretty sure he even noticed that i tried to roll out evry time i did but he just didn't stop...

Forcing your way trough other players is kinda the opposite of a good player.

Oh for crying out loud...Your bias against Limbo is blinding you to the fact that you are literally describing a problem with a player using a particular 'Frame's ability against you, not a problem with the 'Frame itself.

Place the blame where it belongs: With the damn player, not the 'Frame. Conversely, don't blame a 'Frame for a player's failings and shortcomings. A 'Frame doesn't make a player a burden on a team - the player is a burden to begin with. A 'Frame is just a tool, an outlet for whoever is behind the keyboard / mouse or controller.

This is another example of a 'Frame being hated because of some childish, anti-social misfits abusing an ability. No offense, but by your logic, Loki is a burden to a team because some idiots like to troll with Switch Teleport.

Honestly, people who say Limbo sucks just needs to Git Gud. I cannot be assed going into detail on these kinds of topics anymore, peoples minds are unlikely to change unless Limbo get's some kind of Convenient - Easily accessible - Easy to use - Mass death button...

Which I don't think he needs. 

Honestly, people who say Limbo sucks just needs to Git Gud. I cannot be assed going into detail on these kinds of topics anymore, peoples minds are unlikely to change unless Limbo get's some kind of Convenient - Easily accessible - Easy to use - Mass death button...

This is the quality comments which help every discussion. Just saying the players are bad, that must be it.

Limbo has an issue, for everything he can do, there's a frame that can do that, but better. You may argue that he has the combination of those abilities, but the problem is that they are weaker and cannot be boosted to reach their level of usefulness.

Why this matters is simple: There are no random missions.

When I go to a mission I know what I have to expect and select the best frame for the Job. This can be either a defensive, support or damage. Limbos support is mediocore (energyregen coupled with leaving the fight), his defensive capabilities are unreliable and his damage buff is not as good as others that even allow the whole party to benefit from it.

Yes abilities cross the Rift, but there's two things to keep in mind:

1) The energy regen isn't as strong enough to barrage skills.

2) A lot of damage is caused by weapons, not abilities.

Limbos main appeal is his visuals. He simply looks fancy, but has comparatively weak offense, defense and support. Improving his abilities is highly recommended.

Oh look, we have a "mastered le hard warframe" player! I bet you feel proud and consider yourself a useful asset when people in pub manage to beat a sortie with you in the team.

Oh for crying out loud...Your bias against Limbo is blinding you to the fact that you are literally describing a problem with a player using a particular 'Frame's ability against you, not a problem with the 'Frame itself.

Place the blame where it belongs: With the damn player, not the 'Frame. Conversely, don't blame a 'Frame for a player's failings and shortcomings. A 'Frame doesn't make a player a burden on a team - the player is a burden to begin with. A 'Frame is just a tool, an outlet for whoever is behind the keyboard / mouse or controller.

This is another example of a 'Frame being hated because of some childish, anti-social misfits abusing an ability. No offense, but by your logic, Loki is a burden to a team because some idiots like to troll with Switch Teleport.

This guy nailed it in another thread

Limbo is awful to be in a mission with unless the person playing him is absolutely skilled and unbelievably courteous about it.

Nobody is.

The person about to reply to this comment saying "But I am." No, you aren't. If you ever use cataclysm, you aren't. If you banish enemies someone else is firing at, especially with a sniper, bow, or other slow weapon, you aren't. Or you banish the player and make them roll out of it then you absolutely aren't. On top of that, the sound effects are annoying and the graphics are visually loud. Even if you don't mean to be, the nature of his abilities makes them annoying to other people.

We already have Frost, Trinity, Nova and others if we want protection, energy and healing, or damage boosts that effect everybody. You have to build a team around Limbo to make him not a detriment, and if you're dealing with things like using volt's shields to allow you to fire out of cataclysm and damage enemies (was this removed?), you're just eliminating the problems Limbo causes.

It isn't some player issue as there is just no good way to play him without interrupting anyone. Simply bc thats how he was designed.