Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Synoid Simulor Appears To Really Need A Rebalance

(PSN)CL_Poloboyzz93

Oddly enough, as much of a fan I am for a more challenging Warframe experience...I have never been a fan of nerfing weapons.

Weapons are... a self balancing system has time goes on.

I was around for the boltor meta in U9 and the soma meta in U12

and by meta I mean, literally every party I queued up into... the ENTIRE TEAM was using these weapons, it was bad...

Not a single weapon in today's meta came close to how much soma and boltor stifled weapon diversity back then, not even soma prime and boltor prime.

Did the nerfs ever come? Not really, DE never touched them. Yet now I queue into parties with everyone using whatever weapon they please.

So now people have problems with synoid simulor? I say we just wait it out.

Because like the soma did back in U12, synoid simulor has the highest MR requirement today.

those guys with the fancy hats are a thing now. level 100 enemies are new standard and are tougher

And the Tonkor still one-shots level 100 enemies, unless they have enhanced armor.

Yes, level 100 enemies are the new standard. But does that mean it's the new standard of what should be trivialized, or should it be somewhere we can find difficult content? Because if it's the latter, then we already need an even higher standard.

Edited by Gurpgork

OP has clearly never touched a tonkor which deals more damage does it over greater distances and doesnt require you to fire twice

Again, pointing out another weapon as being OP, whether it's a truthful statement or not, doesn't invalidate the current weapon we're discussing suddenly being OP and in need of a change.

Stop bringing up other weapons and pretending like they suddenly make the Simulor look like a MK-1 Braton by comparison.

Synoid Gammacor has already been nerfed and Cephalon S doesnt need another nerfed weapon. Wanna nerf something? Let's start with Sancti Tigris (jk about that but my point is that it isn't fair if each and every goddam weapon of cephalon suda weapons are nerfed. Are you even considering how the cephalon suda people feel? How would you feel if the vaykor marelok got its life nerfed and now people are asking for the vaykor hek to become nerfed? We don't need another nerf to Cephalon S. AGAIN). Oh, not to forget you need to be mr 12 AND  have maxed standing for cephalon suda AND have 125,000 reputation points. In any case the tonkor is deserving a nerf rather than the synoid simulor. Tonkor only need you to be mr 5 to be killing lvl 125 enemies with hardly any problem. Synoid simulor isn't as powerful as tonkor and is mr 12 to unlock. I hardly understand why people want to nerf it. Not only that but it has the strangest mechanic to fire and use it.

Edited by (PS4)AnishAnkit

Theres always going to be an op weapon, the cycle of op weapons will never end

This is what happens when you either leave balance on the backburner, or don't plan out the balancing pass carefully.  Evidently, DE has done both.

Warframe still doesn't have many strong weapons, they're still shadowed by an ever over flowing number of Mastery Fodder.

I'd rather we not poison the forums with cries for nerfing endgame weapons. Best not to have another repeat of this, look at what happened to release Nova ( if you were around when that happened )

There's plenty of endgame weapons at our disposal, meaning weapons that allow you to effortlessly take on Sortie-level enemies.  Synoid Simulor and Tonkor just outclass them and make them redundant.

Edited by AzureEmulation

good luck to you being OP w/ the simulor against dem lvl 150 ballistas.... git gud.

Why do people keep picking a random, insanely high enemy unit level then state "ah well, that gun fails on level 150 enemies".

You know what also fails against Level 150 units? 99% of my arsenal, which does not have Forma, and even if it did have 6 Forma, tops out at around 8K-10K DPS, which means needing more then 1 magazine to kill 1 unit, while the Simulor can do it with a few stacked rounds.

You don't get to arbitrarily pick level numbers that are FIVE TIMES what the maximum Frame levels are, and use it as a benchmark.

Why do people keep picking a random, insanely high enemy unit level then state "ah well, that gun fails on level 150 enemies".

You know what also fails against Level 150 units? 99% of my arsenal, which does not have Forma, and even if it did have 6 Forma, tops out at around 8K-10K DPS, which means needing more then 1 magazine to kill 1 unit, while the Simulor can do it with a few stacked rounds.

You don't get to arbitrarily pick level numbers that are FIVE TIMES what the maximum Frame levels are, and use it as a benchmark.

Lol we need to start benchmarking around a max str Mirage xD

------------------------------

And what people fail to always realise about the simulor is compared to w/e you feel is not OP(Braton?) it takes a simulor 2-3 shots to actually deal damage. So it's a very situational weapon and deals a decent amount of damage. I guess we could always just use a tards Tonkor to deals even more damage in a large AoE at a slower fire rate but w/e.

But then of course you have the smart people who use SSimulor w/ Mirage and decimate the battlefield cause she sort of increases its burst damage. But then if we look at it that way nerf Mirage please...

Edited by rawr1254

It's only good in mirage's hands, otherwise its very mediocre. You have to work way too hard for the payout that any other gun can do instantly. 

It falls off just as hard against higher level enemies too. I do plenty of high level t4 solos when bored and this starts falling off hard around the 40 min mark just like every other gun. At that point, sancti or vay hek are much better alternatives. Tonkor as well but i refuse to use that gun until they fix it. It needs self damage or something to balance it out.

Without mirage using it, it's just an awful clunky gun. If they nerf the damage without addressing anything else about it, this will easily become another mastery fodder gun to the pile that no one will ever touch. Leaving the few other guns people actually use.

It's only good in mirage's hands, otherwise its very mediocre. You have to work way too hard for the payout that any other gun can do instantly. 

It falls off just as hard against higher level enemies too. I do plenty of high level t4 solos when bored and this starts falling off hard around the 40 min mark just like every other gun. At that point, sancti or vay hek are much better alternatives. Tonkor as well but i refuse to use that gun until they fix it. It needs self damage or something to balance it out.

Without mirage using it, it's just an awful clunky gun. If they nerf the damage without addressing anything else about it, this will easily become another mastery fodder gun to the pile that no one will ever touch. Leaving the few other guns people actually use.

Doesn't seem to fall off at all, even against MoA armor buffs.

Doesn't seem to fall off at all, even against MoA armor buffs.

Ok now do the same with sancti, tonkor, vay etc....it'll show the exact same results. It does, i'll upload a vid when i get a chance against anything with high armor. It falls off hard especially in the void.

Edit: Der i could just use simu instead, save alot of time in testing! Give me a few days i'll do side by side comparisons of the top end weapons, you'll be surprised by how much faster you could have just taken down the heavy with a vay, sancti or tonkor instead of stacking balls. (DOES NOT APPLY FOR MIRAGE THOUGH)

Edit 2: Sorry sounded a bit snide so cut out a bit. I'm all for discussing weapons, but we need to compare all the top end weapons before we call a nerf for one weapon, because they all need to get looked at then. I'm a firm believer of Synoid's power, but only in mirage's hands is it that powerful. Otherwise you're better off with almost any other high end weapon instead.

Edited by Coaa

Just to save you time SSimulor falls off at around 50 minutes in T3S ~,~ Which isn't a bad time to start "noticeably" falling off. And by that I mean at 30-45 minutes it takes 3-4 shots into a singularity to kill a heavy and at 50+ it takes like...10. And tbh it's not worth it to argue with that guy he just wants to get an argument out of ya. He'll never say you're right even if you are.

Edited by rawr1254

Ok now do the same with sancti, tonkor, vay etc....it'll show the exact same results. It does, i'll upload a vid when i get a chance against anything with high armor. It falls off hard especially in the void.

Edit: Der i could just use simu instead, save alot of time in testing! Give me a few days i'll do side by side comparisons of the top end weapons, you'll be surprised by how much faster you could have just taken down the heavy with a vay, sancti or tonkor instead of stacking balls. (DOES NOT APPLY FOR MIRAGE THOUGH)

Edit 2: Sorry sounded a bit snide so cut out a bit. I'm all for discussing weapons, but we need to compare all the top end weapons before we call a nerf for one weapon, because they all need to get looked at then. I'm a firm believer of Synoid's power, but only in mirage's hands is it that powerful. Otherwise you're better off with almost any other high end weapon instead.

I do most of my weapon testing on heiracon, grineer armor has nothing on MoA buffs. The tonkor cant keep up, the hek can only keep up in melee range. Sancti doesn't have enough procs and isn't even aoe. Simulor is the last syndicate weapon I got, I went through all the others before I used it. Its the best of the bunch,

The single target isn't supposed to excite, its just a bonus. The single target dps is comparable to a vaykor hek at midrage, the aoe just makes the hek look like a braton.

Also ill look forward to the comparison which will probably never come.

Edited by dmirtygorachyov

my take would be to diminish the AOE and add the simulor to firestorm mod list. 

You must have never used the regular simulor. Compared to the regular Simulor SSimulor is a godsend. The Simulor had too low a projectile flight making you need to be on top of the enemy. And on top of that the AoE was so small you have to even be in the enemies pants to do damage. If anything the regular simulor should be buffed to SSimulors AoE while just keeping its same projectile flight time. This would at least let regular Simulor not be a waste of ranking up to newcomers.

i don't want to change the projectile flight ? just the range of the aoe (-25%) and if the sinoide simulor is added to the firestorm list, so will the normal one. 

You can also make a thread about increasing the projectile flight of the normal one, it does need some tweak but that's not the subject of this thread.

Edited by Gilmaesh

You must have never used the regular simulor. Compared to the regular Simulor SSimulor is a godsend. The Simulor had too low a projectile flight making you need to be on top of the enemy. And on top of that the AoE was so small you have to even be in the enemies pants to do damage. If anything the regular simulor should be buffed to SSimulors AoE while just keeping its same projectile flight time. This would at least let regular Simulor not be a waste of ranking up to newcomers.

The synoid simulor is easier to farm than the normal simulor lol.

This is coming from someone who has NEVER brought up a nerf discussion in my entire gaming career, I don't even know how to go about it. The synoid simulor, this gun is seriously OP (and that's not a word I use lightly on a forum), This gun is capable of just...Man. With NOTHING but a catalyst or trash mods this gun clears whole rooms instantly, in trouble? Detonate for garunteed stun proc, place vortex's that have an actually really decent range for the weapon archetype... I've personally went through endless missions where the enemies level didnt even really matter by the end.. The stack damage is so insane paired with a great mag size that it just becomes OP, 100x more when it's max modded. Overall, this gun's stack damage needs a nerf, I don't even know if that'd fix it... I've literally put down every weapon for this, until it's nerfed, I dont think i'll ever use ANY weapon that isnt fodder, again. JS. No point. #SynoidGammacorIssuesRiseAgain ... The thing is like a weaponized saryn, you should fix.

yeah but every weapon has its cut off. it actually starts to be noticeable around lvl 157 and thats just 1 hour t3 sooo. no it isnt o.p maybe with Mirage but what isnt O.P with her :P and mine is 5 forma so it took something to make it what it is Edited by JaMzY-Boi

Just to save you time SSimulor falls off at around 50 minutes in T3S ~,~ Which isn't a bad time to start "noticeably" falling off. And by that I mean at 30-45 minutes it takes 3-4 shots into a singularity to kill a heavy and at 50+ it takes like...10. And tbh it's not worth it to argue with that guy he just wants to get an argument out of ya. He'll never say you're right even if you are.

Simulor falls of against lvl 60ish enemies? Now I've heard everything. Your most used weapon is a simulor, how can you not even see how good it is lol. You are just trying to protect your lame strategies. Judging from your tone in every post, that's what it has all been about. 

You know how many shots it takes to kill anything around 50 minutes with any weapon? Probably more than 2-3, using hitscan shotguns, unless you facetank them in melee range (which is generally not viable unless you have an invul frame).

I have explicitly proven that it doesn't drop off at all, with a video, and players still can say "rofl thats dont proof ennethin, i'dcan doe that with hek fastr lelx" when they have no clue what moabuffs do to their weapons. No clue how difficult it is to deal agains't moa buffs vs the tonkor, no idea how the hek fares in heiracon. Sounds like no one even touched the end game content with these types of posts.

Edited by dmirtygorachyov

Simulor falls of against lvl 60ish enemies? Now I've heard everything. Your most used weapon is a simulor, how can you not even see how good it is lol. You are just trying to protect your lame strategies. Judging from your tone in every post, that's what it has all been about. 

You know how many shots it takes to kill anything around 50 minutes with any weapon? Probably more than 2-3, using hitscan shotguns, unless you facetank them in melee range (which is generally not viable unless you have an invul frame).

I have explicitly proven that it doesn't drop off at all, with a video, and players still can say "rofl thats dont proof ennethin, i'dcan doe that with hek fastr lelx" when they have no clue what moabuffs do to their weapons. No clue how difficult it is to deal agains't moa buffs vs the tonkor, no idea how the hek fares in heiracon. Sounds like no one even touched the end game content with these types of posts.

I really believe you have to calm down and just accept the fact that being a MR12 gun it has to be OP, also being the "hurr durr i em da mastah playah uf da geim hurr durr" doesnt help at all when you should be supposed to try to get more people to believe in your posts.

But at the same level with grineer enemies, taking your video as a base, it doesnt do that much damage, i believe their armor is even greater than that of the Moa's buff (need to verify though).

Also every weapon drops off, Synoid Simulor doesnt do that many crits as a Tonkor does, so it drops off...