Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Stalker Even Bother Trying To Kill Us?

(XBOX)Grihaly

DE needs to have 3 levels of stalker that appears..

lvl 1 = enters @ level 30-35 for mr1-12 players

lvl 2= enters @ 40-65 for l mastery 13-17 players

lvl 3= enters @ 65-100 for mr 18-21 players

each step up on stalker side he should be more accurate  and speedy to bring back that oh sh!t fear in players.

I would agree with that, but also include the amount of times a player has successfully killed Stalker solo. I am MR 12 right now and I have only truly killed Stalker solo ONCE before they gave him an upgrade. Since then, the only time I ever killed him/drove him off was during the Second Dream mission. If they factor in the kill rate along with everything else, then it would actually make the Assassins scary when you start out but then a challenge as you take them down by yourself.

Otherwise, it would lead to people who are under Mr 13 to level all the way up to 12 and just sit there while leveling everything else till there is nothing else to level and THEN do all the mastery missions to reach high rank.

lvl 1 = enters @ level 30-35 for mr1-12 players

He'll destroy new players. They won't stand any chance, and that's unfair.

lvl 2= enters @ 40-65 for l mastery 13-17 players

Uh...

lvl 3= enters @ 65-100 for mr 18-21 players

That's enough, Satan.

Seriously though, Shadow Stalker is ridiculous if you're on your own. He just refuses to die.

Mechanically, being defeated by the Stalker was a little more relevant when it was still 4 Revives per day. Now that it's 4 Revives per mission, it really does feel pointless. Maybe that aspect of him needs a rework...

Something that could be changed to make being killed by him more relevant: If he kills you, then you lose all extra revives for that mission.

Something that could be changed to make being killed by him more relevant: If he kills you, then you lose all extra revives for that mission.

^ ^ ^

Yassssssssss

If he kills you, you're dead and stuck spectating for the rest of the mission. Would actually make things tense rather than having the option to let him kill you and hoping right back into the level.

On a different note, what the clem happened to his theme song? It hasn't played three times out of three when he spawned, and I'm really missing it. Is this intentional?

^ ^ ^

Yassssssssss

If he kills you, you're dead and stuck spectating for the rest of the mission. Would actually make things tense rather than having the option to let him kill you and hoping right back into the level.

On a different note, what the clem happened to his theme song? It hasn't played three times out of three when he spawned, and I'm really missing it. Is this intentional?

I did not mean that if he kills you you're dead the rest of the mission. I meant if he kills you, then reviving from it uses up all your revives (whether you have all or 1 remaining) and your next death is your last.

There comes a point where some things that are good for gameplay are not going to make sense in terms of lore. This is something that all video games face. You just have to suspend your disbelief. 

Lots of things in gameplay are never going to seem congruous with a logical/linear storyline. 

People really need to just wrap their heads around this already. We're not interpreting Wittgenstein here people, video games sometimes have immersion and story inconsistencies.

I want this to happen. Stalker killing us should remove all revives for the current mission.

Yes, Warframe needs more ways to alienate and piss off new and casual players than it already has.

sentients are a walkover  just like any other level 100 enemies. RB + a few quick melee slashes takes care of them quite quickly within full melee mode having the multiplier doing most of the damage....

the reason I differentiate the levels per mastery ranks is because of armor at those levels which is suitable for players  in the listed category.

what we have now a level 30+ stalker/shadow isn't threatening enough to be considered tough at  mr10+ so its fitting for those in the mr 1-12  but too easy for those in the mid tier bracket 13-17. mr 18-21 will be basically one-shotting this  because they'll have everything maxed and ready and also knows how to deal with him through exp.

shadow stalker isn't hard to kill either= simplest way is to time his attack  then dodge and stun = dead shadow stalker.

Edited by ranks21