Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does The Stalker Even Bother Trying To Kill Us?

(XBOX)Grihaly

^ This, mostly. 

In essence, the Stalker doesn't understand.

Except that makes the question even more pressing, he now (should) know that destroying the Warframe does nothing to the Tenno. 

Unless Stalker is still dreaming, and he's forgotten everything he learned from The Second Dream in order to stay in his pleasant fantasy that he's a revenging Orokin, not just another Tenno betrayer.

Which just makes him even more pathetic, he could be so much more if he woke up, but he's decided to stay asleep, living out his dreams of vengeance over and over again, never doing anything lasting, never changing anything tangible, just a shadow of what he could be. 

Edited by Gelkor

Mechanically, being defeated by the Stalker was a little more relevant when it was still 4 Revives per day. Now that it's 4 Revives per mission, it really does feel pointless. Maybe that aspect of him needs a rework...

Say, death causes mission failure? That actually sounds fun. Mix things up a little.

Say, death causes mission failure? That actually sounds fun. Mix things up a little.

That sounds a little too harsh IMO. Maybe if, instead of leaving after killing you once, he could stay around to kill you again in case you revived, and only go away if you used up all of your mission's revives (or, you know, if you defeat him).

I don't know to that extreme, as there needs to be a less painful way to kill him if you are solo or on a low toon.

I found it interesting with the other one where Mom says to abort mission when they arrive. I completed the mission after defeating them, but she still said I aborted.

DE needs to have 3 levels of stalker that appears..

lvl 1 = enters @ level 30-35 for mr1-12 players

lvl 2= enters @ 40-65 for l mastery 13-17 players

lvl 3= enters @ 65-100 for mr 18-21 players

each step up on stalker side he should be more accurate  and speedy to bring back that oh sh!t fear in players.

each step up on stalker side he should be more accurate  and speedy to bring back that oh sh!t fear in players.

Mastery rank =/= overall skill.

Mastery rank 21 reporting in.

Did you ever bother with a Sentient Lv 100? Have fun, dood.

I don't know to that extreme, as there needs to be a less painful way to kill him if you are solo or on a low toon.

I found it interesting with the other one where Mom says to abort mission when they arrive. I completed the mission after defeating them, but she still said I aborted.

Yeah, the G3. They should update the dialogue for that.

-snip-

xDDDDD

Ever heard of sarcasm, guy? I guess it doesn't translate well into text.

As a matter of fact, I haven't.

Except MR means nothing...

Except that makes the question even more pressing, he now (should) know that destroying the Warframe does nothing to the Tenno. 

Unless Stalker is still dreaming, and he's forgotten everything he learned from The Second Dream in order to stay in his pleasant fantasy that he's a revenging Orokin, not just another Tenno betrayer.

Which just makes him even more pathetic, he could be so much more if he woke up, but he's decided to stay asleep, living out his dreams of vengeance over and over again, never doing anything lasting, never changing anything tangible, just a shadow of what he could be. 

This is more an error of continuity for gameplay purposes. 

War is destroyed, Hunhow lost control over the Stalker, yet he still carries the blade.

More or less, this sort of thing can be attributed to be similar to how we still fight Alad V a thousand times, or how Alad V is an outcast afflicted, partially, with Infestation, but we still fight him and his Zanuka as a head of Corpus robotics research.

There comes a point where some things that are good for gameplay are not going to make sense in terms of lore. This is something that all video games face. You just have to suspend your disbelief. 

Lots of things in gameplay are never going to seem congruous with a logical/linear storyline.