Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strewth

AdunSaveMe

Hottest temperature I've had to endure was about 60 degrees celcius. Had to do maintenance on a acid pipe in a fertworks factory, I was in a Dragr suit.

D-44241-2012_546x470.jpg

Something like this one.

Before we went in we had to drink 2 litres of water, we weren't allowed inside for any more than 5 minutes. Afterwards we had to drink another 4 litres of water. The sweat filled the boots to about the knees. The boss basically got us in, do the job, have a shower, and go home fully paid for the day.

It was hot, hard work, but 5 minutes work for half a day off (since we did it at midday) was all good by me.

Hottest temperature I've had to endure was about 60 degrees celcius. Had to do maintenance on a acid pipe in a fertworks factory, I was in a Dragr suit.

D-44241-2012_546x470.jpg

Something like this one.

Before we went in we had to drink 2 litres of water, we weren't allowed inside for any more than 5 minutes. Afterwards we had to drink another 4 litres of water. The sweat filled the boots to about the knees. The boss basically got us in, do the job, have a shower, and go home fully paid for the day.

It was hot, hard work, but 5 minutes work for half a day off (since we did it at midday) was all good by me.

Wow... Sounds like not a fun time. I hope you are getting paid well enough.

What's your profession called, i wonder?

As someone who often gets uncomfortable in like 21℃ weather (really, I start melting if it gets much higher), I think that would actually kill me.

Edit: Somewhere around 40℃ (+-2) was probably the highest I've been in. Thankfully, it was dry heat, and every building had AC.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Wow... Sounds like not a fun time. I hope you are getting paid well enough.

What's your profession called, i wonder?

I was doing maintenance work as a engineering apprentice back then. The pipe that ran through the acid tower burst so we had to go in and put a special fibreglass bandage around it.

I was told if something happens to the air, let one of the other two know, do not under any circumstances remove the mask, let your self suffocate and get resuscitated once you've been removed from the tower, the potency of the acid mist would kill or seriously injure you upon contact. We had a 5 minute airtight seal check before entry.

As someone who often gets uncomfortable in like 21℃ weather (really, I start melting if it gets much higher), I think that would actually kill me.

Edit: Somewhere around 40℃ (+-2) was probably the highest I've been in. Thankfully, it was dry heat, and every building had AC.

Well it was 24 degrees C in the shade where I worked today, I'd estimate 30+ in direct sunlight. I had two drink bottles, one for drinking, one for throwing water over myself to keep cool.