The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keep Every Weapon?

CptShallow

Question

So I have been playing Warframe for a while maybe like over a year and I usually just level up a bad weapon for mastery and then eventually sell it afterwards. I don't sell Warframes, but I do sell weapons that I have no use for or that I find not good. My question is should I keep every weapon I build or just keep the ones I like and are good while just selling ones that I used for just mastery?

16 answers to this question

I don't know about EVERY weapon, but it's good to have a large toolbox to go to when the devs do things like tactical alerts and of course for Sorties now. Keep a weapon from each category? Like one sword, one machette, one glaive etc.

The game still records a "Conclave Rating" for various weapons even though (AFAIK) that number isn't used for anything anymore. Has been used for tactical alerts though so you might keep a few weapons that have very low conclave rating relative to their effectiveness.

Unless you have a reasonable amount of disposable income, or do a lot of trading, Keep only weapons you use or find fun, and at least one of each category (For Sorties) So make sure you have a Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Sniper, Bow, ect. Also keep all Prime and Event Weapons, and I personally keep all the Clan Tech ones too (Since they cost more to remake if they're needed for something or they get a buff)

Sorta depends. Some weapons are easy to re-acquire and some need more time/resources to get. Keep this in mind when considering that some gear needs older weapons in order to build the new ones. I personally try to keep everything, as inventory slots are pretty cheap.

Well, honestly I keep everything.

First of all because I'm a collector, second because you'll never know if some game changes, mods additions, frames mechanics will suddenly make a meh weapon turn into an end game one!

I tend to keep every weapon for the same reasons. The only time i don't keep it is if its used to make another weapon. If i really like the original, then i'll make it again to use in the construction of the other weapon.

EX: Kronen + Boltor = Boltace. I built another Kronen because i really liked its look over the Boltace. Since the Arbiters of Hexis have their own Boltor and i have Boltor Prime, i don't see a reason to rebuild the basic Boltor.

I keep every piece of equipment I own, for several reasons.

-Variety. I like to mix it up every once in a while. I'm not content using the proven method again and again.

-Changes. Equipment is changed constantly. Some poor, unimportant, item may become the new meta in a matter of a version number.

-Looks. Nobody can deny a sexy Tenno.

-Mula. I got a lot of mula. Need to spend it on something. Like slots.

-Exclusivity. Yeah. I have two Dex Furis's. What are you going to do about it?

If none of these reasons are good enough to make you want to keep something, then there isn't all that much advantage beyond that.

An accident Story

I was ranking up a bunch of weapons at once building, ranking up, destroying, etc. etc. etc. At some point I ran out of slots and decided "I wasn't going buy any slots today" and instead looked through and deleted a bunch of weapons to make room for my foundry full unranked weapons to help further along my mastery.

I never even thought twice about it.   Then one day I got my Butt handed to me in the Conclave by some guy weilding the Dex Dakra and I was like Whoa, I need to try that out - I got one of those.    I go to my loadout and can't find it.  Instantly, I knew what I had done......"I sold it for credits"  Upon further investigation I also sold my Dex Furis for Creds as well. 

I submitted a ticket - But since I didn't realize my mistake for some time - It was too late for them to reverse it (That and I probably spent the credits)  LOL

Needless to say Don't make Hyper's mistake and sell DE's Gifts for Credits   :(

P.S. I have spent Plat on Slots ever since - No matter what.   

I tend to keep every weapon for the same reasons. The only time i don't keep it is if its used to make another weapon. If i really like the original, then i'll make it again to use in the construction of the other weapon.

EX: Kronen + Boltor = Boltace. I built another Kronen because i really liked its look over the Boltace. Since the Arbiters of Hexis have their own Boltor and i have Boltor Prime, i don't see a reason to rebuild the basic Boltor.

I tend to build new weapons when they're required to build another one, I always keep the original!

hm... you don't seem to be a collector, so I wouldn't keep all weapons.. I like to have most of them (sold sheev at rank 17... >.<) in my Arsenal but I eventually sell bad weapons if they get a better counterpart (eg Dera -> Dera Vandal)

Once you get to a certain level of slots, it really is up to you. You have been playing awhile so probably know this, but always check the building requirements for everything in the game currently to make sure something you may not be interested in keeping isn't a requirement. I have had to build weapons twice because I didn't do that and needed it to make something else. After that it really depends on a few things:

1) Do you like the look of it?

2) Do you like how it plays and is it fun to play?

3) Is it something that even though you are not fond of it, would make certain missions or quests easier by having?

4) Is it a special event/Baro/Prime or other difficult to acquire weapon?

5) Is it in a category of weapons you truly like to use? (ex: swords, axes, automatic rifles, sniper rifles, etc.)

After you have answered the questions for each weapon in your inventory, I would delete any that do not fit those criteria. I am personally a sword and Axe kind of person so I keep all sword and axe type weapons. I have a few in other categories that are for high level play or just because they are interesting, but not many. Same with primaries and secondaries. I keep the ones I like the looks of and those that are very good in game, the others I chuck for space. At the end of the day, it's all a matter of if the weapon is taking up a slot for something you'd rather put there.