Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Im Becoming Depressed Or Insane

(PSN)zeratul____12

Depression and insanity can come from eachother.

Loneliness and feeling worthlessness can cause you to go insane.

Best thing to do is either a doctor so they can fill you up with pills that either make it worse or change you in a way to don't recognise yourself.

Or find someone that needs help like you and support them it will make you feel wanted and needed my girlfriend helped me alot with my loneliness even over the internet girlfriend will do ofc that comes with the risk of them leaving you.

Edited by SarahApple

Every day for awhile now I've have been fighting with myself in my head

[A] One side is saying to "Become better, think positively, dream better dreams then make them real, don't let others get you down and live life"

Another is saying "Just lay down and wait to die. It doesn't matter what you do; you have no future and you'll never find someone to love you. You will die alone in the dark. So why bother trying to change, you have no potential you are just a failure"

[C] The final one is like a whisper telling me to"Let go of your morals and ideals this world is built for monsters, the only way to get anywhere in life is to become a bigger monster then the rest, give in to your desires. Live life your way regardless of who you hurt along the way, when they die it won't matter anymore." 

what do I do?

Tell C to shove it, tell B to pull the thumb out of its mouth. Depression sucks, hell it kills, but don't give into it. Don't let some voice, some mood with a mouth tell you to abandon yourself and/or your morals. Life will suck if you make it. Life is tough, arbitrary, unfair, and rude; but so what? There have been millions, if not billions, of people who have come before you who have suffered worse, who have told themselves that they will not give up, will not give in, and told themselves to do something and did it regardless of their failures. Be like them.

Yeah, another one is whispering the same things to me. Some people have no future & their destiny is loneliness & emptiness in their life. I think, I'm one of them.

Don't be a victim, or you will become one. There is no destiny unless you live in serfdom, everyone paves their future. Make yours, your own.

I can only offer some observations. I at least know what it's like to be conflicted.

Perhaps the first thing you need to realise is that it's a pretty brave and difficult thing to ask for help. Even if you have the ward of anonymity here, you are nonetheless exposing yourself. Considering you admit a very pessimistic and cynical view of people, just that simple act suggests you're willing to test that assertion head on.

From there, it comes down to asking yourself, best you can, what you want to be. It's not whether life has a purpose or we have accomplished some arbitrary goal set by others. It's whether we can give it something of a meaning that we're able to appreciate...but then, I am a nihilist so that's my personal bias coming through I'm afraid.

I don't know if you've got people to talk to, but start there. There should be people in your life who can listen, or people you can go talk to try and work things out. It's hard, won't pretend it isn't, but if you want to be more than what you're afraid of becoming, then take that fear and face it with the courage you're already showing by admitting you're conflicted in the first place.

It doesn't matter how little one might have in the now, and how miserable it looks in the future. You're only going to be defeated if you surrender. I haven't got even the faintest idea in my own case, but nevertheless I'm setting myself that horizon to reach. Sure, failure is a miserable thing but would you rather fail through the effort or to fail through surrender?

I know this isn't a clear cut answer. I know that it may not work for you. But for what little it might be able to help, people have experience of these kinds of conflicts and it is through overcoming these trials that we may come out as better people than before. We may feel alone in an uncaring world, but that's no reason to not strive for more, to strive for better. Indeed, it's because of this that we're striving at all, is it not? To grasp that horizon, to find that place we're able to reconcile ourselves with the world around us.

You're better than you think you are. Even if the world seems to be stacking the odds, we only lose when we no longer stand up. We're only beaten when we stop fighting to move forward and just let the world carry us in its wake. It may be easier to say that nobody cares, but until we put ourselves out there, be brave, we can't know that for sure. So long then as we have that doubt, is that enough reason to not try? I don't believe it is, rather the inverse.

Each day is different, some harder than others, but if you can find that inner will to continue reaching out for help so you can regain your footing, then you're not in a position to lose hope yet. And however little it seems, sometimes all it takes is just having someone give the time of day to get you on your feet again.

You are not beaten yet. Don't ever let yourself believe you're beaten. Keep fighting, keep struggling to be someone and something you want to be, as surrendering to the negativity will only eat away and drag one down. Still dealing with that myself, after all, each day.

Music, at least for me, is a good salve. I recommend

and
by Thrice as good 'pick up' songs. I would also suggest listening to 'I Grieve' by Peter Gabriel though it can be a little rough to begin with but I promise, it gets better. Similarly, 'More Than This' also by Peter Gabriel tends to do the trick for me and 'Darkness' is a good exploration of our fears I find. (All these songs can be found on the Gabriel Album Up)

I can't pretend that this'll be enough to help, and I can't pretend I've got any miracle answer. But for what little it's worth, I hope these few words of encouragement from a passing fool might at least give you some courage to build on as you move forward. Keep moving forward to something better. Don't let the past and present determine what your future is. Don't let destiny be used to beat you down.

Forge the path you want to walk! The greatest of mountains are climbed with the smallest of steps! The world is a damned scary place, but it's through knowing that pain and fear we can understand the gifts of peace and beauty.

However bad it gets, remember:

[size=8]You are not alone[/size]

Depression is bad. Its awful. And while there are several people here giving good advices... Its ironic, because to get out of a depression you need to act, and depression binds you from that exactly.

I want to give you good advices, and I might. But I can't stop feeling they wont do any good. Having people telling you what to do isn't that helpful, I think. Having someone who understands ends up being more helpful than having someone trying to help..

So, well, I give you my emotional hug.

*hugs you*.

And that's the most important. Honestly, if there is something that will help is talk. Talk about the details, talk about your life, be honest, tell the good and the bad and the awful you see, are and feel. Do not fall into that "boys don't cry" foolishness. It does much, much more harm than good. Believe me.

And try to get a partner. I say partner instead of boyfriend/girlfriend/friend because it doesn't matter, all it matters is that you know each trace of each other, that you understand and support each other. You don't even have to be from the same country. The internet is great because of that.

Go run, if you can. Its liberating.

And pm me if you want to talk. Seriously. I hope you get better.

Never Mind you don't. Through those are wise words and good advice.

>_>

Would you mind elaborating on what you said here?

no one gets anything in this world without being a monster. Just wait until the next.

This would be to say even those on the other side are monsters. The nature of a person doesn't change just by dying.

Cryptic talk doesn't help someone who doesn't have the tools to decipher the meanings. Christ explained the parables to his disciples, but didn't do so for the masses so as to fulfill prophecies.

If you meant to help the OP, you might have encouraged them to be a monster, rather than helping them. Being a monster would just attract more monsters into one's life, and doesn't help oneself to learn how to better deal with monsters on this side, nor the other side.

Edited by Nighttide77

>_>

Would you mind elaborating on what you said here?

This would be to say even those on the other side are monsters. The nature of a person doesn't change just by dying.

Cryptic talk doesn't help someone who doesn't have the tools to decipher the meanings. Christ explained the parables to his disciples, but didn't do so for the masses so as to fulfill prophecies.

If you meant to help the OP, you might have encouraged them to be a monster, rather than helping them. Being a monster would just attract more monsters into one's life, and doesn't help oneself to learn how to better deal with monsters on this side, nor the other side.

True, but death really does change people...you'll understand eventually. Hmm your right, I shouldn't of said that though...my apologies, I don't know how to explain things to other very well.

First of what im about to say may not be what is happening or the truth. so don't take my words as the be all, end all.

when you say you are fighting yourself. I think that you are thinking about what you should do, or should be doing and not following what you really want to do.

don't worry if you can't find out what you really want yet. sometimes it can take a long time to find out you were putting pressure on yourself, or finding what you really want.

next with the feeling lonely part. its ok to feel alone, its ok to feel upset or ashamed as well.

and I highly doubt you will be alone forever. you will most likely make a friend or friends at some point.

even if you don't your parents will most likely still love you.

also love and compassion can come from something you don't expect at first. like a pet or stranger you just met.

as for not giving a crap if that feels truly right to you then do it. you might need to be a bit more self centered, and in turn care for yourself more then other people for a while.

lastly for the giving up part. it might help if you found someone to talk to. someone who will just listen to all your problems without judging you and telling you what should be done.

and if you really really want to end it then do it. this matters more about you in the end then what other people want. 

its your choice in the end and not theirs.

this music might work if you need something to calm down with.

Edited by Agentcheese

I have depression.

One of the ways I fight it is by saying "no"

Everytime those voices tell me what to do or feel or think, I tell them no. It starts out small and quite, but eventually it turns into a brick wall, shutting the voices out for a bit.

But, I strongly suggest finding someone to talk to, someone qualified and experienced, who can help you through this. There are several options available, I'll dog up some links and numbers.

Edited by Noamuth

I have depression.

One of the ways I fight it is by saying "no"

Everytime those voices tell me what to do or feel or think, I tell them no. It starts out small and quite, but eventually it turns into a brick wall, shutting the voices out for a bit.

But, I strongly suggest finding someone to talk to, someone qualified and experienced, who can help you through this. There are several options available, I'll dog up some links and numbers.

What if you've had no help for 10 years and have managed to beat this "deppresion"? (I think I may be crazy.)

What if you've had no help for 10 years and have managed to beat this "deppresion"? (I think I may be crazy.)

For the last 20 years, I haven't had help. :P

I read books, I listen to music, I play video games, I sleep, a lot, I take care of animals and I help my friends when they need it.  

You don't ever "beat" depression, it just gets a bit easier to handle. 

For the last 20 years, I haven't had help. :P

I read books, I listen to music, I play video games, I sleep, a lot, I take care of animals and I help my friends when they need it.  

You don't ever "beat" depression, it just gets a bit easier to handle.

Most of my ten years involved horrible treatment at school and at home....the only thing that I looked forward to was sleep.

Though lately I just doesn't bother me anymore, my school has changed and I'm actually quite non-existent in the hierarchy of things(thank god.). Home....still we'll bad.

To be honest I'm not sure of many things but I do have a cure for this.

I don't want to sound steryoptical...or like a "religiously offensive" nut job but it's true...the truth will set you free.

I have seen many things but all I have to say is that no matter what you see even if you see and feel God himself there is still room for doubt.

Yeah, another one is whispering the same things to me. Some people have no future & their destiny is loneliness & emptiness in their life. I think, I'm one of them.

I have the same problem due to some hard times several years ago. I became depressed and isolated myself in my room. Well things are now different because Im no longer depressed but by experience I can tell you the voice will probably never go or will take a long time to go. The only thing is to chose to be affected by it or not. Its difficult and scary at first but things cool down and you learn to live with it and ignore it.

Most of my ten years involved horrible treatment at school and at home....the only thing that I looked forward to was sleep.

Though lately I just doesn't bother me anymore, my school has changed and I'm actually quite non-existent in the hierarchy of things(thank god.). Home....still we'll bad.

I don't want to sound steryoptical...or like a "religiously offensive" nut job but it's true...the truth will set you free.

I have seen many things but all I have to say is that no matter what you see even if you see and feel God himself there is still room for doubt.

I'm glad you found God.  ^.^

You don't sound like a religious nut job - there is great comfort in a strong faith. I personally have a hard time with religion; the entire experience was soured for me by growing up with a mother that jumped religions constantly and eventually tried to start her own. :s

I'm glad you found God.  ^.^

You don't sound like a religious nut job - there is great comfort in a strong faith. I personally have a hard time with religion; the entire experience was soured for me by growing up with a mother that jumped religions constantly and eventually tried to start her own. :s

Ive had a PBE( I think you call it that) And have "seen" well God and heaven....that's why I believe. If not for God I probably would've been an atheist. I've talked to others with similar experiences and told them to explain to me their experience first to know they weren't lying and It matched mine exactly minus why I was sent here. Also no matter what you do Love God. Repent. And love your fellow "man" and everything will be OK.

Minus the religion stuff, I can agree with this. Life became a lot less stressful when I accepted that I am a psychopath. I didn't have a good time with school either, but graduating and getting the hell out of there was also part of the stress relief :P