Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unhappy Customer

cypherhalo

Look, DE, I don't have time to play this game all day, I really don't think that should be held against me.  I appreciate you have some people who will just sit around and wait for an alert to log on, I can't do that.  I say this to say that my time is limited.  You can't balance this game around people who have all the time in the world.  I'm posting this, hoping someone will read it rather then bothering you with a support ticket, which I figure should be reserved for actual support issues.

I have been trying to get neurodes for the past two weeks and have had zero results.  This is just plain ridiculous and a serious turn -off.  Especially as three different guns I would like to build need them.  I finally broke down and just started buying guns at random, hoping to get one that didn't need neurodes.  If you care to check, I've made it known I'm not a fan of the random drops.  But hey, if you're going to do that, at least do it right!  You have one very unhappy customer over here who is wondering why I'm playing this game and spinning my wheels in a fruitless quest for neurodes when I could be playing a different game.  Frankly, while the concept of the game is fantastic, the execution is lacking and the F2P grind elements seriously degrade the experience.  Even that could be forgiven if I could just find a damn neurode.

Neurodes are needed for far too many weapons IMO.

And some weapons need TWO of the things, and they drop so infrequently.

Why, oh, why couldn't Neurodes be more like Morphics?

I understand your frustration with Neurodes, the drop rate is just too low. Not many people enjoy farming Hek all day long praying to get 1-2 of them needed for so many different weapons in the game.

I have two on me right now and I'm debating on what to do with them because I know it might be many hours before I see another one drop.

Hopefully DE will make good on their promises to look at Resource drops and throw us a bone, especially with Neurodes and perhaps Rubedo which is still a little too rare for my liking.

I could die at any moment...my time is also limited...

DE please...just buff the drop rates for me only...

That way everyone will want to party with me...

This almost sounds sarcastic. I can't tell.

If it is sarcastic, please don't -- that doesn't help DE in any way.

If it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, a few neurodes are not going to make-or-break your effectiveness in a group. You can still be effective even without Neurode-required weapons. If people are not wanting to group with you just because you lack a few Neurode-required weapons, then they are not likely people you'd want to group with in the first place.

That said, I DO agree with the OP in that Neurodes are too commonly needed, but yet not common enough of a drop.

I did a comparison in another thread, where 18 Non-Consumable items in the game take Control Modules, but yet a Whopping 37 Neurodes are needed to make every Non-Consumable Item in the game.

But yet Control Modules are usually thought of as easier to obtain than Neurodes?

Edited by Xylia

While I do understand your frustration here's a few suggestions for you:

First of all until they've fleshed out the UI better it's best to check the wiki for mats etc: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Regarding Neurodes your best chance is still going to be boss runs on Earth-Everest or Eris-Naeglar because the boss has a higher percentage chance of dropping them than regular enemies/crates. I've recently had some success personally on Earth (was running it because of Ferrite as well) getting some Neurodes.

Hopefully you'll have some better luck getting mats, it can definitely be frustrating at times, but that's why I try to mix it up a bit between places. You will definitely get them eventually, just stack the odds in your favor as much as you can.

Edited by plznohurtme

Neurodes are needed for far too many weapons IMO.

And some weapons need TWO of the things, and they drop so infrequently.

Why, oh, why couldn't Neurodes be more like Morphics?

I understand your frustration with Neurodes, the drop rate is just too low. Not many people enjoy farming Hek all day long praying to get 1-2 of them needed for so many different weapons in the game.

I have two on me right now and I'm debating on what to do with them because I know it might be many hours before I see another one drop.

Hopefully DE will make good on their promises to look at Resource drops and throw us a bone, especially with Neurodes and perhaps Rubedo which is still a little too rare for my liking.

This almost sounds sarcastic. I can't tell.

If it is sarcastic, please don't -- that doesn't help DE in any way.

If it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, a few neurodes are not going to make-or-break your effectiveness in a group. You can still be effective even without Neurode-required weapons. If people are not wanting to group with you just because you lack a few Neurode-required weapons, then they are not likely people you'd want to group with in the first place.

That said, I DO agree with the OP in that Neurodes are too commonly needed, but yet not common enough of a drop.

I did a comparison in another thread, where 18 Non-Consumable items in the game take Control Modules, but yet a Whopping 37 Neurodes are needed to make every Non-Consumable Item in the game.

But yet Control Modules are usually thought of as easier to obtain than Neurodes?

What are Nuerodes even needed for...?

I hardly use them...

What are Nuerodes even needed for...?

I hardly use them...

A bunch of melee weapons and the vast majority of side arms, for starters.

It's kinda the whole mess with alloy plates again, too many weapon blueprints require the damn things (assuming you don't spend plat, building the Afuris effectively takes atleast four Neurodes). And with the drop rates being mucked up after U8, farming them can definitely be tedious. My luck hasn't been as bad as some, but after a while, it's not what I would call fun.

Edited by Taranis49

And with the drop rates being mucked up after U8,

DE_Steve has explicitly said that U8 has nothing to do with the Rare Resource Drop Rate.

The Research Resources do not affect the Rare in any shape, way, or form.

He even copied and pasted code involving the Control Module, where Hyena dropped it 25% of the time before and after U8.

I really wish people would stop saying it, because...

1). It is not true at all.

2). They were nice enough to copy and paste actual code (no developer does this, Ever, normally).

Neurodes do seem to be the new Alloy Plate, i.e. the common missing ingredient that is stopping allot of clan members from crafting new weapons. A drop rate increase would be nice, to prevent the need to continually farm the same boss.

DE_Steve has explicitly said that U8 has nothing to do with the Rare Resource Drop Rate.

He even copied and pasted code involving the Control Module, where Hyena dropped it 25% of the time before and after U8.

2). They were nice enough to copy and paste actual code (no developer does this, Ever, normally).

First; link to the post in question?

Second, not all rare resource drops occur from bosses, and to the best of my knowledge bosses are unique in also being the only source capable of providing more than one resource drop in a single go, e.g. multiple yellow resource drops or a blue and yellow resource drop upon death.

Show me the drop rates from standard mobs and crates, which are only capable of providing a yellow OR blue resource drop on an individual basis. In those cases, the blue and yellow drops are mutually exclusive.

I could die at any moment...my time is also limited...

DE please...just buff the drop rates for me only...

That way everyone will want to party with me...

Yet again moronic posts by Ystella. Stay classy.

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

The problem with the drop rate is that each category (especially rare) has too much junk. So for instance, because there are so many "rare" mods, even when an enemy drops one, it's much more likely you'll get a frame ability than that flow you wanted. The drop system, as it currently stands, is very screwed up

This is the only item I have a very low number of. At the moment I have two of them. And I still have lots of secondary helmets to craft. I do run quite often on places where Neurodes drops. The resource usage overall seems quite unbalanced.

First; link to the post in question?

From the "Datamined Mission Rewards are Bad" locked thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57570-datamined-mission-rewards-are-bad-if-true-please-change-them/page-9#entry603194

Second, not all rare resource drops occur from bosses, and to the best of my knowledge bosses are unique in also being the only source capable of providing more than one resource drop in a single go, e.g. multiple yellow resource drops or a blue and yellow resource drop upon death.

According to DE_Steve's copy/pasta, it is 25% from Hyena, 2.5% from Enemies/Crates/Lockers before AND after U8. What they did was cut Ferrite's chance in half, and give that half to the new Resource.

Since you can get Ferrite anywhere in large quantities, it doesn't matter that you have half as much chance of getting Ferrite now.

Show me the drop rates from standard mobs and crates, which are only capable of providing a yellow OR blue resource drop on an individual basis. In those cases, the blue and yellow drops are mutually exclusive.

Sure thing:

C&P'd from DE_Steve's post:

BEFORE:

Nanospores = 2051 (20.5%)

Ferrite = 7704 (77%)

ControlModule = 245 (2.5%)

WITH ENERGYFRAGMENT:

Nanospores = 2051 (20.5%)

Ferrite = 3870 (38.7%)

ControlModule = 249 (2.5%)

EnergyFragment = 3830 (38.3%)

The numbers you see were from a pool of 10,000 "pulls".

Somewhere else in the thread, he mentions Hyena having a 25% chance to drop, not in the one I linked, but somewhere else in that thread.

Edited by Xylia

LOL, wait to farm Control Modules than, waiting for a new QQ topic.

PS: playing 2hrs/day - 4 days/week and i feel no problems at all, got all the frames & weapons i want fairly easy

Control Modules aren't as bad in my experience, (although farming Hyena has become tedious, but at least it's quick). That's not to say it doesn't suck either, but there's at least there's the fact that all of the standard blueprints which require Control Modules only need one.

By comparison, a bunch of standard weapon BPs require neurodes, a good chunk of those BPs take two, and again, assuming you're building from the ground up without spending any platinum in the process, a couple of things like the Afuris or Akbolto each effectively require a minimum of four Neurodes to build.

The only BPs that basically end up needing more than one Control Module are dojo research weapons (for the det injectors/fieldron/mutagen masses)... and odds are that unless you buy it with platinum, the prerequisite forma's going to be the biggest barrier to building those weapons anyway (incidentally, building forma from BPs also takes Neurodes, so...)

Long and short of it, having (and still doing) both, having to farm Neurodes is worse, simply because the stuff that needs them typically needs more of them.

Neurodes, Control Modules and Neural Sensors.... Pretty common drop if you pay attention to which mission you are on.  Not so random, and fighting bosses yields much higher chances.  Also, do u speed run like 80% of all people and not look through the storage tainers??  Maybe you should solo and slow down while you farm...

Neurodes, Control Modules and Neural Sensors.... Pretty common drop if you pay attention to which mission you are on.  Not so random, and fighting bosses yields much higher chances.  Also, do u speed run like 80% of all people and not look through the storage tainers??  Maybe you should solo and slow down while you farm...

You kinda contradict yourself here; on the one hand you're saying bosses yield higher chances of a desired drop (which is true), yet on the other hand say one should take the time to search random containers which are found in every mission.

On an assassination mission (which is where you suggest he try), speed running maximizes chances of getting the desired reward while minimizing time expended. Simply due to the fact that the odds are if you didn't get the desired drop from the boss on a given run, you aren't going to get it from a container either... and taking the time to check them all is time that could've been spent killing the boss another three or four times.

I use both approaches, taking your time to search every nook and cranny makes sense when looking for more common resources, not when farming rare resources from bosses.

Edited by Taranis49

You're farming neurodes on earth aren't you?

Bad idea.

Go to eris.

Yep.At least for me, Phorid has yielded far more neurodes than Hek.

Also, I dont really get what all that fuss is about; "Droprate on resource xy is too low, buff plox" and then it gets buffed...Soon all the mats for weapons will be farmable in one run, will you all be happy then?I guess not, because then it will be "too easy".

Yes, Neurodes are kind of a bottleneck in the production of certain weapons.No, that is not necessarily a bad thing - you need to grind to craft the weapons you want, which makes it much more precious if you actually get them.

A few days ago, I was in the same situation and needed like 5 neurodes for several weapons and god damned, I farmed the S#&$ out of phorid and hek for them.

Just because you are a more casual player doesnt mean you get special treatment; The time invested is the same, and naturally, if you play double or triple the amount of others you will also see results faster according to your speed.

There is no system where you could satisfy people that play one mission a day AND people that play 20 or more missions a day at the same time simply because grinding is involved; Grinding always means investing time.If you dont want to invest time, you need to invest money.That´s how free2plays roll.

I have been trying to get neurodes for the past two weeks and have had zero results. 

Dont run straight to the boss then run right out.

If you are farming for something you should open every container and locker you can. Hell, equip Thief's Wit to get to most of them.

Super rare items do drop from other sources outside of the boss that drops them.