Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream And Warframe Direction

HollowExistence

Hi friends,

i found this little gem on reddit/ deviant art:

http://hatchetharo.deviantart.com/art/Operator-Troubles-1-584541768

credit to HatchetHaro

this pretty much also illustrates my overall feelings about the fact that the mystery is somehow gone now and my mysterious frames are currently nothing more but raging little teenagers murdering the universe carrie style.

Not only i feel detached from the concept of what the warframe is but i also have troubles connecting to the the mobility impaired kid in the back of the cargo hold thats collecting dust using some overly-large oculus rift.

De, i know you folks do not appreciate sarcasm and lack of cirticism, so here goes, short an concise: Warframe needs more unresolved mystery that allows for more imagination and interpretation. Lore is great and you do it just fine but please do not resolve everything in detail like you did with second dream.

Would be cool to hear other opinions and ideas, so fire away guys!

Cheers,

ps: feel free to move if general is unacceptable for this kind of thread.

Edited by HollowExistence

De, i know you folks do not appreciate sarcasm and lack of cirticism, so here goes, short an concise: Warframe needs more unresolved mystery that allows for more imagination and interpretation. Lore is great and you do it just fine but please do not resolve everything in detail like you did with second dream.

The thing is that DE wants to head into that direction more, seeing at how big of a success the Second Dream was and a huuuuge majority of people loved it, [DE]Steve even stated in a tweet that not everyone will like it.

We still need a reveal on what the Warframes are, how are they really made and what makes them. As it was shown that the Warframe moved by itself in the end in the Second Dream

Also, people have been asking for awhile that Who were the Tenno?. And we got it. Hell, it's even been part of the Prime codex entries since Excalibur Prime, Rhino Prime, Ember Prime and so on.

DE can't make every single person happy.

Edited by KJRenz

I like this way.
It has been shown that warframes can make actions by themselves.

Are they conscious? Do they, in their limited brains/chips built merely to remote interface with the operator, like the idea of being controlled?

Staker... Stalker doesn't seem like he liked it.

http://hatchetharo.deviantart.com/art/Operator-Troubles-1-584541768

credit to HatchetHaro

this pretty much also illustrates my overall feelings about the fact that the mystery is somehow gone now and my mysterious frames are currently nothing more but raging little teenagers murdering the universe carrie style.

I'm actually really disappointed by that artwork as a response to The Second Dream and feel it depicts the artist as 'raging' more than it does the Operator.

The Second Dream did answer some questions about Warframe'slore but it also posed some new ones.  If you leave things unanswered for too long people will get fed up and I think DE did a good job here of answering an old question while also guiding us onto new mysteries to ponder, mysteries we aren't tired of yet.

IMO mystery is great up to a point, then it just becomes lazy story telling. It is long past time for DE to actually start flushing their universe out, emo kids and all.

^ I agree

Also, as DE did until now, as a question is answered, another question comes, and this is how mistery should work, not: you are this guy who doesn't know nor remember anything, and you gotta do things. Stop.

Edited by Drufo

@OP

What they revealed doesn't explain much!

Here are a few questions for you. If the operators feel pain through warframe WHY didn't the lotus unplug valkyre?

Also, what is the stalker if he "USED TO BE" a tenno? Is he a warframe? Energy? Something else??

The only thing they did was give us a REALLY satisfying answer to a the fabricated lore in saying that we are both human(ish) and energy(ish AND the warframe is alive(ish!) but we don't know how much so!

(I would love to make a thread on just that even).

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace out.

Mystery is a hook, but if you can never solve the mystery or come to a couple of likely conclusions, then you're left with...well...nothing.

A mystery by its very nature is asking to be solved, to be explored and broken down into some visage of truth. I know from my own efforts creating a world setting that as I come up with an idea, it needs to be grounded eventually, even if I don't know at the time. It's piecing this truth together that makes a mystery compelling.

As it is, for as long as I recall being involved on the forums, I know that the Ember Prime Codex led to a lot of 'could they be child soldiers', and make what mockery one might it remained a common interpretation. The conflict between the nature of using Warframes, despite body types, led to numerous other theories, some verging into transhuman territory.

Theory conflicts cannot go on indefinitely. A breaking point comes where either you answer it, or the tension becomes too much to retain any lasting interest any longer as no-one believes you'll be able to deliver anything at all, satisfying or not. People are more than entitled to dislike having things answered. To have their theories dashed and ruined. But the fact remains that for as long as I recall, people have been asking for the answers and the truth of the Tenno. We got just that.

Like I've said once before: Truth is a fickle maiden, who cuts as much as she salves.

We all asked for the truth, built many theories towards it in the pursuit there of. That doesn't mean we're necessarily going to like what we find out, because end of the day, there's nothing necessarily good about the truth.

As it stands, there's still questions to be asked. There's a lot of ground to cover still. May not be the same ground people expected or wanted but end of the day, either you genuinely want to know the truth or you don't, really, because the 'truth' crafted for oneself is too precious to relinquish.

No shame in that. Sophia isn't everyone's ideal lady, after all.

Edited by Blakrana