Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

ReachModU145.png

Cough cough

PrimedReach.png

put primed reach. not the same thing.

I went in Simulacrum and tested these claim with all range mods (sacrificing strength). I still need work on destroying the bubble first as Valkyr before killing the Nulls.

Is there something else missing in the equation? So far still feels balanced currently.

Here is a video I made the other day just to show how OP Valkyr is. You can kill Lvl 200+ infested with one hit.

so hang on, you think she is op because you did a stealth kill on a infested moa.

try it with an alerted level 200 energy leech eximus napalm then Ill believe you.

Edited by evil_m3nace

Install Primed Reach, or even Reach. Problem...nullified.

You do realise reach doesn't let you hit the nullifiers directly from outside the bubble right?

And frost eximus nullys slow her down so much that the so called hysteria slide in slide out doesnt work. Also thats probably getting patched.

You do realise reach doesn't let you hit the nullifiers directly from outside the bubble right?

The point of reach is that it lets you melee the bubble to shrink it away. 

so hang on, you think she is op because you did a stealth kill on a infested moa.

try it with an alerted level 200 energy leech eximus napalm then Ill believe you.

I'm pretty sure it's possible with her charge attack.

Here is a video I made the other day just to show how OP Valkyr is. You can kill Lvl 200+ infested with one hit.

Just saying, but Valkyr's slide attack is not one hit. It's actually THREE. Two on the spin sliding, then the uppercut is the third.

And frost eximus nullys slow her down so much that the so called hysteria slide in slide out doesnt work. Also thats probably getting patched.

You do realize that this doesn't matter right? Valkyr is invincible, so it doesn't matter if she has to take 3 seconds to beat on the bubble before she can get to the squishy inside.

And if you don't know, with Reach/Primed Reach Valkyr's claws have enough range to safely attack the outside of a nullifier bubble and shrink it with melee attacks without ever stepping inside. So you just attack the bubble, then the nullifier, all while remaining invincible. No problem.

Just saying, but Valkyr's slide attack is not one hit. It's actually THREE. Two on the spin sliding, then the uppercut is the third.

when u one shoot a grineers whit a rifle. do you use split chamber or not? :b

when u one shoot a grineers whit a rifle. do you use split chamber or not? :b

That still counts as one shot because you pulled the trigger once, and those two bullets hit at exactly the same time.

You don't say you shot a guy 20 times when all you did was fire a single shotgun shell full of buckshot do you?

Valkyr's slide attack is 3 attacks in sequence, and is also not a rifle or shotgun of any kind, so that really doesn't apply here. It also helps to understand why her slide is so powerful. It takes THREE full strength attacks and strings them together rapidly, making it crazy powerful compared to one normal attack.

You misunderstand, I don't want Valkyr nerfed I wanted other frames buffed so they become more sustainable in high level survivals, defense, etc.

Works just as well.

Wait so you made a post to show that valkyr is ridiculously op then you want all the frames to be op ? ok also valkyrs slide attack hits 6 times in the one slide so it wasn't a 1 shot, also there's many good frames that go end game so yeah 

Wait so you made a post to show that valkyr is ridiculously op then you want all the frames to be op ? ok also valkyrs slide attack hits 6 times in the one slide so it wasn't a 1 shot, also there's many good frames that go end game so yeah 

It's not one shot, it's just 500k damage output within 0.2 second.

Whelp it's not OP anymore.

Also there are not many frames that go to end game well without any kind of restriction. The only one I can think of is Mirage and she's also OP as sin.

Edited by ClinkzEastwood

Even with Corrupted heavies, Valkyr can still kill them incredibly quickly with the introduction of charge attacks. If i were able to upload a video, i would demonstrate it.

Huh, I stand corrected. However, valkyr is still pretty balanced, she's limited to melee and you won't have a good time if you try to do anything else with her.

My apologies, it's been quite a long time since I've used her, and when you said that I decided to test with her a bit.

Trust, me though, the melee limitation is much worse than it seems.

almost went a day without a Valkyr Thread. I swear she's as infamous now as Mesa was pre-rework.

once AGAIN, here are the many downsides to "OP" Valkyr:

- she cannot perform ranged attacks while in Hysteria, she is COMPLETELY restricted to melee.

- she has no CC or support abilities.

- Nullifiers counter Valkyr on Corpus missions, and she's just as vulnerable to those GENUINELY OP Sapping Ospreys, despite her high armour.

- Ancient healers still greatly reduce her damage with their buff. chances are you'll run out of energy and get one-hit before you can claw your way through all the infested.

- she ends up just being a clutch revive frame towards the end of the third Sortie, if it's a Survival or Defense.

seriously, let it go people. she had her rework, she isn't getting touched again. if you don't like her, then don't use her! it really is as simple as that, and I have no idea why people can't comprehend this. if you want to use a frame that can survive, but isn't god-mode, take Wukong. capable of defying death without feeling cheap.

For the sake of playing devils advocate: 

-This would be a good point if she either:

1. Had bad melee damage in the first place. Fortunately, she can already deal an amazing stream of damage. 

2. Had any issue closing in on the enemy. This is also no issue since she has invulnerability on top of having her rip line on top of bullet jumping already providing easy mobility. Closing the gap for warframe players hasn't been a problem since bullet jumping was introduced and that's a good thing.

-What is Warcry(With or without Eternal War) and (Prolonged) Paralysis then? Cmon guys I understand she doesn't have the best CC in the game(Because she obviously isn't a CC frame), but that doesn't mean she doesn't have options.

-This has already been mentioned and currently being discussed with (Primed) Reach, so I'll leave this one alone, but I don't think Valkyr has trouble with this considering she can still hit the bubble and bring it down with a fast enough attack speed.

-This is less of a Valkyr problem and more of a general problem for players that is very easily overcome by simply prioritizing your targets, or in Valkyrs case simply jump over the crowd of infested and get the healer hiding behind? Healer in front? All the easier. 

-Going to be straight up honest with you here,but this is a very weak argument to make. Are you saying that for 2 and half of the sortie missions Valkyr was doing her job? Well then good job for Valkyr then because almost every frame in the game thats bringing regular weapons and not maximized weapons with amazing mods and syndicate mods have trouble with some of the stuff at the end of a sortie run. That's kind of the whole point isn't it? Valkyr being able stay alive and keep the team in the game just assures her dominance in a game where not failing the mission is a priority.

That is al-Oh and one more thing. That "Don't like it don't play it" argument is very similar to the "Don't like like it, don't watch it argument." I despise both of those sayings, and rather than waste my time explaining why, here is a video for you to watch that summarizes my thoughts on why I hate both of those phrases:

I'm fine with the damage.

Just remove the goddamn invincibility.

I'd be ok with this personally.

Edited by Darkmoone1

For the sake of playing devils advocate: 

-This would be a good point if she either:

1. Had bad melee damage in the first place. Fortunately, she can already deal an amazing stream of damage. 

2. Had any issue closing in on the enemy. This is also no issue since she has invulnerability on top of having her rip line on top of bullet jumping already providing easy mobility. Closing the gap for warframe players hasn't been a problem since bullet jumping was introduced and that's a good thing.

-What is Warcry(With or without Eternal War) and (Prolonged) Paralysis then? Cmon guys I understand she doesn't have the best CC in the game(Because she obviously isn't a CC frame), but that doesn't mean she doesn't have options.

-This has already been mentioned and currently being discussed with (Primed) Reach, so I'll leave this one alone, but I don't think Valkyr has trouble with this considering she can still hit the bubble and bring it down with a fast enough attack speed.

-This is less of a Valkyr problem and more of a general problem for players that is very easily overcome by simply prioritizing your targets, or in Valkyrs case simply jump over the crowd of infested and get the healer hiding behind? Healer in front? All the easier. 

-Going to be straight up honest with you here,but this is a very weak argument to make. Are you saying that for 2 and half of the sortie missions Valkyr was doing her job? Well then good job for Valkyr then because almost every frame in the game thats bringing regular weapons and not maximized weapons with amazing mods and syndicate mods have trouble with some of the stuff at the end of a sortie run. That's kind of the whole point isn't it? Valkyr being able stay alive and keep the team in the game just assures her dominance in a game where not failing the mission is a priority.

That is al-Oh and one more thing. That "Don't like it don't play it" argument is very similar to the "Don't like like it, don't watch it argument." I despise both of those sayings, and rather than waste my time explaining why, here is a video for you to watch that summarizes my thoughts on why I hate both of those phrases:

Actually, upon reading this I hada peculiar thought: valkyr needs good damage because she's a godd*** berzerker frame and her point is to deal damage, people shouldn't be saying "if you don't like her don't use her", they should be saying "if you don't like her you're an idiot who doesn't understand balance, good day" Valkyr is an example of a pre-min/maxed frame. What do I mean? I mean as opposed to frames like rhino which are fairly balanced in their class (decent offense/defense/support) valkyr is an extreme cqc frame and needs to have damage that is fitting to the style. Need proof? Try different play styles with more conventional frames, like rhino, (cqc, support, ranged combat), now try it on valkyr...as opposed to my previous statement I've tried this, many times...and I know how it will end (I'm MR17 and I still have valkyr as my most used by 16%, despite rarely using her anymore).

My point is valkyr is balanced because she's made for a set style and that's all she's good for. She has insane cqc damage because unlike other frames, she can't just switch to boltor prime mode and mow everything down, she's in cqc mode and that's where she's staying.

Now, although valkyr is balanced, that doesn't mean invincibility is balanced, and I still believe that her invincibility should be substituted with something that makes her more vulnerable, without directly nerfing her.

Edited by Ironlixivium