The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Miter And Heavy Caliber

animanera89

Question

Hi there fellow Tenno. I've got a question for you: I'm interested in forma-ing my Miter (I'll then get a second one to build the Panthera one day) and I've seen some builds for it. In all of them it's adviced to avoid using Heavy Caliber for the accuracy loss. Now, the other day I've run some test in the Simulacrum using Split Chamber and Heavy Caliber, and what I've seen is that only the secondary saws (on a full charge) were afflicted by the accuracy penalty, while the primary saws would go straight in line no problem. Now, my computer died on me a coupla days ago, so I can't test for sure this again and I... well... forgot to test it on not-charged shots (derp :P).
The question is: is Heavy Caliber worth on this weapon, or it will damage greatly the accuracy of the not-charged shots?

This is (until I get a response on Heavy Cal) the build I'm planning to use:

http://goo.gl/MlghNY
The last slot is being kept free at the moment for a possible Heavy Cal/other element mod once I'll have the answer to my question.

Thanks in advance.

11 answers to this question

id say it depends highly on ur personal play style

if u want to use the miter like a shotgun and be very close to the enemy i dont see a problem using heavy cal

but if u shoot on a medium to long range i wouldnt recommend using heavy cal

the one and only way to prevent shotgun spread from missing (prolly NSFW)

https://youtu.be/G_bUEZNERnM?t=1m37s

Edited by Weidro

if u want to use the miter like a shotgun and be very close to the enemy i dont see a problem using heavy cal

The accuracy loss is so big that you can't play like with a shotgun. You play like with a dagger if you want to hit.

id say it depends highly on ur personal play style

my intention is to use it on a medium/long range, so I'll probably skip the use of heavy cal on this one.

Thanks to all of you for your advices guys. Much appreciated.

No HC:

(Miter) *    *     *    (Target)

With HC:

(Miter) *              (Target)

GUYS GUYS I'VE RUN SOME MORE TESTS!!!!
I found (using a R8 heavy cal) that only the secondary saw gets sent to another direction (basically it goes right into the ground to bounce immediately).
The first one, both on charged and un-charged shots, will always fly straight in the direction you aim to!