Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Needs Combustion Beam

(PSN)Red_12hino

It was designed as an alternative to other cc based weapons(am i wrong about this?), its blast radius is garbage, it needs a boost on it or drop the charge rate, its too good looking of a gun to have so much cons weighing on it compared to pros.

Edited by (PS4)Red_12hino

It's a repackaged spartan laser. And it destroys things when set up well. Combustion beam isn't going to improve your experience or your lethality above lvl 35, especially since you have to actually kill targets eith it to get the explosion from the mod. It would make more sense and be far more useful to petition for a buff/rework of the Opticor rather than ask for a gimmicky mod to be included on the list of usable ones.

If it needed a buff/rework, what would your take on it be?

If anything what would make this gun more useful is if you didnt have the gun going off on you once its reached full charge, you should be able to hold the trigger till youre ready to fire it honestly. Larger blast radius.

A faster charge time, mostly. I can mod from there for the speed I crave, but the charge mechanic is part of the weapon identity and should stay. Small buff to the blast radius would be welcomed but not critical. Shifting base impact damage into the puncture damage, even without increasing the overall base, would make me happy as well. Perhaps convert the slash damage to heat, but I think I would leave that alone. Buff the crit chance and status chance (25% each instead of 15%) or tank one of them for a further buff of the other. Most players I have met would vote for crit 35%, status 5%, and while I can see the point I also feel we have enough high crit charge trigger weapons. I would rather go in the other direction- crit 5%, status 35%. The only other thing I van think of at the moment is doubling the magazine size to 10. It isn't an insane buff, but I will leave the excess to others and suggest things that are more reasonable.

I would definitely drop the 550 ammo that it has to add better features to it

Drop ammo to 100

faster charge rate, about 1.80,

id say a 20% crit chance,

Take 50 off puncture

take 25 off impact

Take 50 off slash

put 50 or 75 damage into fire damage

Reload 2.5

Fire rate 1.2

Status is fine as is, maybe 20 status

Magazine 7

Slightly larger blast radius on impact of enemy

Charge time is kind of the thing, IMO.  Fire rate mods give x2 to bows, and really I think that if they gave x2 to ALL charge style weapons it wouldn't imbalance any of them and would be a great quality of life buff for most, if not all of them.

Firestorm doesn't even give it much for justification even after you shoot it.

After trying w/o Firestorm, I feel like its a mandatory from my point of view.

Is fine if ye feel doesn't do much otherwise.

Who knows, I might replace it with Combustion Beam and it'd be fine and dandy.

Charge time is kind of the thing, IMO.  Fire rate mods give x2 to bows, and really I think that if they gave x2 to ALL charge style weapons it wouldn't imbalance any of them and would be a great quality of life buff for most, if not all of them.

That would be greatly appreciated. +1

Edited by Fionntan

Regardless if its a continuous beam or not, it is classified as a beam weapon in which combustion beam should be a candidate for it. Even if it isn't endgame viable, it would definitely bring a new experience in with the weapon. The weapon itself is almost like a long drawn out bow without a x2 speed mod for bows and even then, bows get an explosion mod on hit. Even if it was gimmicky, the option should be there if someone does want to use it.

The x2 speed for charge would be rather nice as well