Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Maggots Should Get An Additional Effect.

EmptyDevil

See this little demon? I think they should get an additional effect in conjunction with their speed debuff and DoT to help them feel more threatening. The effect they should get is to nullify and dispel Warframe powers upon latching on to chew into the Warframe. This would give the Infested a weapon to cancel certain powers that render them completely helpless.

IHtYefe.png

I think leech eximi already counter the use of warframe powers enough for the infested faction.

Corpus have the modular enemys and nullifiers corrupted also have nullifiers only the grineer "need" one (upcoming grineer cavat masters can see invisible warframes)

Those factions have leech/parasitic eximi as well. It alone is certainly not enough to counter Warframe powers. 

The Grineer have a nullifier drone but it only appears in raids AFAIK. They also have Manics.

How about giving these maggots a chance to evolve or mutate into another enemy? Like an Eximus Infested?

It would further the lore that they grow when they feed, and also Fedding on Warframe, whether the frame's flesh or energy, makes them evolve/mutate.

It would then, gain certain immunities to that frame?

Edited by VoidWraith

Those factions have leech/parasitic eximi as well. It alone is certainly not enough to counter Warframe powers. 

The Grineer have a nullifier drone but it only appears in raids AFAIK. They also have Manics.

Comparatively few units can show up as energy leech eximi versus parasitic. Infested also have ancient disruptors and ancient healers, both of whom get in the way of warframe powers in different ways.

How about giving these maggots a chance to evolve or mutate into another enemy? Like an Eximus Infested?

It would further the lore that they grow when they feed, and also Fedding on Warframe, whether the frame's flesh or energy, makes them evolve/mutate.

It would then, gain certain immunities to that frame?

Interesting idea but it sounds like a good idea for another thread. Not too sure about them gaining immunity to powers with Ancient healers around. I'm more focused on them having a way to cancel powers if not dealt with quickly. 

Comparatively few units can show up as energy leech eximi versus parasitic. Infested also have ancient disruptors and ancient healers, both of whom get in the way of warframe powers in different ways.

All of those can be dealt with easily and none of them actually nullify powers. Maggots being able to nullify upon latching would be more balanced than the Corpus variants.

Interesting idea but it sounds like a good idea for another thread. Not too sure about them gaining immunity to powers with Ancient healers around. I'm more focused on them having a way to cancel powers if not dealt with quickly. 

Just kill the ancient healers... Everything in this game can be killed with guns, melee wepaons, and your Warframe powers. Make use of all of them. 

I feel my idea works for this topic you have started "INFESTED MAGGOTS SHOULD GET AN ADDITIONAL EFFECT"

My idea gives it a few additional effects, in addition to the effects you listed.

Just kill the ancient healers... Everything in this game can be killed with guns, melee wepaons, and your Warframe powers. Make use of all of them. 

I feel my idea works for this topic you have started "INFESTED MAGGOTS SHOULD GET AN ADDITIONAL EFFECT"

My idea gives it a few additional effects, in addition to the effects you listed.

The point of me saying they don't need power immunity is because Ancients already fulfill that role well with their damage reduction. It would be redundant to add an enemy that is immune when another already makes it's kin virtually immune.

Your idea is nice but i'm trying to keep it simple here.

To be honest... it's just an annoyance, but not very hard to work around or get rid of.

It depends. Sometimes stuff like nullifiers aren't a problem. Sometimes they are in groups of 2 or 3 and soak entire magazines before finally exposing the army of corrupted bombards under their bubbles. Nullification units existing just proves we are too powerful for the game to advance without them, at this stage.

It depends. Sometimes stuff like nullifiers aren't a problem. Sometimes they are in groups of 2 or 3 and soak entire magazines before finally exposing the army of corrupted bombards under their bubbles. Nullification units existing just proves we are too powerful for the game to advance without them, at this stage.

This is about staying on the move, you don't always have to charge in, in endless missions, it's good to retreat to a previous room, and bottle neck them into an ambush. Blast damage is good since it passes any shield. MAke use of your focus abilities, as they are unaffected by nullifiers. Plan with your team. Even when you solo, be tactical with everything that you have.

The point of me saying they don't need power immunity is because Ancients already fulfill that role well with their damage reduction. It would be redundant to add an enemy that is immune when another already makes it's kin virtually immune.

Your idea is nice but i'm trying to keep it simple here.

The immunity thing is a debatable thing, but ancient healers, while in groups, they are dangerous, but they also aren't very hard to CC even with weapons that have CC procs (Blast). In endless missions, it's not hard to exactly kill them. So far, a lot of the things in this game are killable with weapons alone. The warframe abilities are just a bonus that we take for granted, by spamming it a lot. Most often I find using it in a "I need to get out of this situation" moment, but not really a need.

Well you it's fine if you want to keep the effects Maggots do to be simple, but I think what they do already is simple enough, and don't really require anything else, since they already slow, and drain your shields/health. It's basically the same as the Leech Drones that drain your shield.

I think they should raise the threat level of your frame if they latch on and are killed by you rolling them off. The Infested is like a colony of bees- they will fiercely protect their young/queen.

The Infested as a faction is already quite adept at keeping Warframes drained of energy via Ancient Disrupter slaps, their aura, and Parasitic Eximus.

See this little demon? I think they should get an additional effect in conjunction with their speed debuff and DoT to help them feel more threatening. The effect they should get is to nullify and dispel Warframe powers upon latching on to chew into the Warframe. This would give the Infested a weapon to cancel certain powers that render them completely helpless.

IHtYefe.png

No more nullies. They are becoming an overused unit. Also, giving a unit like this nullification properties will further foster CC spamming. It will just start happening at earlier levels than usual.

This is about staying on the move, you don't always have to charge in, in endless missions, it's good to retreat to a previous room, and bottle neck them into an ambush. Blast damage is good since it passes any shield. MAke use of your focus abilities, as they are unaffected by nullifiers. Plan with your team. Even when you solo, be tactical with everything that you have.

I agree with this, however there are some mission types where this isn't much of an option - mainly defense, mobile defense and interception missions. In these three missions, you are basically stationary in that one room. While yes, I'm completely on your side with this when it comes to survival missions, depending on your squad, they will just want to camp for 40 minutes on survival... which gets boring within 30 seconds. This happens a lot when pubbing.

IMHO a corrosive DoT/proc would be more appropriate than more blanket nullifications

honestly the whole 'nullifying' schtic is pretty awful, how exactly are the tenno a threat to anyone or why is the void so 'mysterious' when everyone can turn it and there powers off so easily? =/

if there are going to be in-theme units that can interfere with our abilities, they should be boss/mini-boss lvl characters, not just another faceless horde/legion

personally i think we just need some blanket nerfs across the board with tenno abilities, then less of the hamfisted terribad design enemies

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

This job is too big for one Snickers bar

61YBJ-jV9bL._SX522SX522_SY314_CR,0,0,522

While I think it would be a great way to introduce null abilities to the Infested, I don't think they need it because of they can do direct damage to heath and energy.

They're pretty scary as is, and they don't have to take our powers away to do it.