The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Can I Do Better Melee Damage

SatelliteStrike

Question

For now I like valkyr. But when I fight with her I feel that I don't do enough damage. The weapon I use is galatine. But don't know if it's the right choice. People 1 shot grenier bombers with Vectis, tonkor, while I need 10 or more melee slashes to do the same in T3-T4. Is it normal. What weapon works for valkyr? Galatine good? Someone told me to take dual zoren instead. Also which Mods should I be aiming for? Any tips to melee kill stuff faster.

If you're talking about Hysteria, the weapon you use is irrelevant. The mods you use in your melee weapon are applied to Hysteria (weapon specific mods don't apply). The base damage is also multiplied by Power Strength.

Edited by Naftal

A few tips.

1. Make sure to use the right elements for any given faction, can be found on the wiki by searching "Damage 2.0".

2. Steel charge. Increases melee damage to entire team by 60%. Multiple players with it stack. Keep an eye on alerts for it.

3. Use combos on your stance. (If you have one)

4. Knock them down with a slam or a fly-kick for a ground finisher.

5. Slide attacks are quite good too.

These are some basic tips that should help.

Edited by Rambit23Z

In addition to pressure point and a three mod elemental combo, I suggest corrosive cold or corrosive heat for void, you need

Berserker

Spoiled Strike

Crit chance and crit damage

Then on Valkyr you need to stack power strength and duration. Make sure you're not running Steel Fiber first, it's pointless for Hysteria builds. So you want

Blind Rage

Intensify

Then add on as much duration as your mod collection allows and some efficiency.

Lastly, learn Hysteria's combos. Particularly the block combo as it's rather effective. Finally don't forget you can use her 3 during Hysteria, for very little energy cost, to setup heavies for finishers.

Ok guys. Gonna try to learn hysteria combos. So The weapon you use isn't that important? Can I keep my galatine or make dual zoren?

If you're using hysteria, the Galatine is fine, mods matter the weapon doesn't. If you're planning to actually use your weapon, then the Zorens are good. (Or dual Ichor if your MR is high enough.)

Hi

do you only play Hysteria with Warcry or ... ?

When you only play with Hysteria and Warcry, can i you recommend my build.

http://goo.gl/Ll7Nyo
(the Aura and Exilus slot can you switch, when you will)

The build works realy good, the energy that you need drops enough from the enemy.

For the melee weapon this build when you will fight very very long time.(melee mods influence the Hysteria)

http://goo.gl/bjLGH5
(for each enemy can you switch the elements)

When you know you will not fight so long, can you use this build for a bit more fun.

http://goo.gl/7Tdgan
(for each enemy can you switch the elements and for Primed Reach can you switch to Reach when you dont have it)

The melee weapon what you use is not important.

And a question have you finished the 2nd dream quest ?

When yes what Focus do you have ?

Edited by Werner404

If he doesn't, i'll do a little... pick naramon and go for shadow step. Adds stealth on top of your invicibility. Basicly means free 4x multipliers on your innitial strike, next to fun krit buffs...what's VERY beneficial for valkyr.

What is naramon. Would be cool to go invisibile. Is it naramon lens people keep shouting in market? Is it a mod? Details please

I don't play valk often but needed her for sortie 3 yesterday due to insane enemy scaling and damage. I took her out and learned combos quick because certain enemies soaked up way too much damage and took too long.

Basically hit them a few times, then do a full charge attack. This seems to knock anything on the ground (great for big bulletsponge enemies). As soon as they fall, run over them and hit them again for a ground finisher.

To put it into perspective, i was hitting lvl 120 bombers for around 3-4k per hit, i charge attacked him to the ground and finish crit him for over 500k.

Alright SatelliteStrike, I'll offer you some general ways to do more Melee Damage. One of them is Raw Damage, and the other is DPS, or Damage per Second. Raw Damage comes from high single-hit damage, and weapons with the Stance, Crimson Dervish works really really well and does a lot of Raw Damage. DPS is what I'd like to say as Damage over time or how much damage can be dished out over a period of time, I would most likely consider those types of weapons as weapons with high innate slash damage or high Attack Speed, such as the Dual Ichors. 

Moving on, 

The next way is mods, with Spoiled Strike and Pressure Point, you can increase your Attack Damage by 190% total. If you find that both ways don't work, then try using Elemental combinations or mods such as Killing Blow to increase Channeling damage, or Fury to increase DPS (Use an Orokin Catalyst or some Forma to add in space for mods). If you find that it doesn't work, then the weapon could potentially just be a lower tier weapon, and it all depends on how great the weapon is. 

Hope this Helps,

Fisher.

What is naramon. Would be cool to go invisibile. Is it naramon lens people keep shouting in market? Is it a mod? Details please

Yep lens, they are part of focus trees. Focus defines your "5. ability"...needs some chargeup until youre able to fire it. You reap passive effects after you did for the rest of the game. Naramons passives are krit centered and "shadow step" gives you a chance to become invisible on melee strikes.

I spoiled cause evry focus tree needs to be unlocked before becoming aviable. The path you choose in the quest is unlocked immediatly.

You can equip "lenses" onto your frames and weapons and they'll get shared affinity from the thing you put it on. It's equipped the same way potatos are. Don't bother buying them tho. You need the quest before beein able to use them.

Depends on how she's being played.  If one is going for a hysteria build, Zenurik is useless as is Unairu (except for maybe the armor removal).  Vazarin isn't much better, although you can get instant revives for your teammates I suppose.  You could make a case that Madurai would be helpful with the damage boosts.

If not playing in a hysteria mode, then Unairu could be helpful with armor boosts.  I still don't see Zenurik being particularly helpful.