The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Level Tenno Nukers, Why Are You Playing In Public?

Aelurus

Came here to vent. Apologies.

I have been playing for quite a while now but I still get irritated every time I am in a low-level public mission then someone decides to pop in with their shiny [insert what you think is an OP Warframe here]. Fully pimped, going in one room to the next melting, squishing, and maiming everything (EVERYTHING!) on their path.

Bro! Why are you even in public? With your load out, you already decided that you want to kill all of them by yourself anyway...

Edit: I know the purpose of damage dealers in high level public. In fact I love you guys when you are there. I just wanted to point out that my frustrations are based on high-level player nukers who join low-level missions when they can solo it. Mental note: make title clearer next time.

THE DPS D-ICK NEEDS PRAISE, IT NEEDS WORSHIP, WE GET IT FROM YOUR RAGE AND AWE.

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

Because the nukers aren't the ones complaining. And I don't see how it is possible to tell every nuker to play differently just because someone doesn't like their perfectly legal gameplay.

Its possible to tell every nuker that just likes its possible to tell every non nuke to go solo.

So, I tossed a matchmaking rework suggestion up here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/600150-recommendation-for-matchmaking-rework/  Perhaps a constructive discussion of possible solutions to this issue could be continued there instead of the circle of salt (though surprisingly polite salt) this thread has rather inevitably become.

Its possible to tell every nuker that just likes its possible to tell every non nuke to go solo.

Nothing is better than building a virtual enemy than beat it to death.

So a normal person rant more than thanks right?

I have never seen anyone that complain my nuking, but almost always "Thanks" "GG"

So why is this thread still going on?

I highly doubt that it is 50:50 but most like 10:90.

Edited by wypower2

As someone who is capable of nuking every room in the Star Chart, the reason I do it is because it gives that very slight extra boost to getting a visit from either Stalker or The Grustrag Three. Even if I'm not specifically after their drops, there's always that chance I meet another nuker(s) and then it becomes a nukefest which leads to a very efficient mission.

Nothing wrong with others nuking (unless you happen to be farming for Focus). Seriously though, if anyone wants the nuking to stop, just ask politely the nuker to do so. Hopefully, they would reconsider and respect your decision; its not that difficult for us to stop and let others have a go at it. Although, I've never actually seen anyone make such a request before (ingame) since its just efficient for them to let all hell break loose.

Since you asked so nicely as to why I will take my shiny pimped out Saryn into places like Apollodorus it is because I am usually leveling up weapons, hit that map for the first ten levels, then a higher map afterwards since Draco bores me. Because I usually tell the lower levels that we are going for forty minutes to a hour, carrying them for kicks and giggles. Because I am so tapped out on resources (solo funding a clan for myself, and building multiple weapons/etc at once). Because not all new players get annoyed at experienced player curb stomping a map. Most in my experience get excited at the possibilities that are to come for them once they put in time, forma, and mods for their favorite Frames, weapons, and companions. Because I just felt like it.

I laugh at them sometime .  Especially rushers.

Today doing Acolyte hunt, (torment, capture) and the rusher was a Mirage with Synoid simular who was just running around blasting way and rushing.

Missed the Acolyte.. even missed a juggernaut.  i had to solo the Juggernaut while he was waiting for extraction

Nothing is better than building a virtual enemy than beat it to death.

So a normal person rant more than thanks right?

I have never seen anyone that complain my nuking, but almost always "Thanks" "GG"

So why is this thread still going on?

I highly doubt that it is 50:50 but most like 10:90.

Because not everyone wants the fame played for them, that's why they "rant"

Nothing wrong with fast gameplay or the most efficient builds but there is something wrong with forcing PUBS to adhere to one specific playstyle; yours.

They don't want to be told to play efficiently anymore than you want to be told to play inefficiently.

Nothing wrong with fast gameplay or the most efficient builds but there is something wrong with forcing PUBS to adhere to one specific playstyle; yours.

They don't want to be told to play efficiently anymore than you want to be told to play inefficiently.

Noamuh I agree with you but I don't think this is a huge issue, I also dont think there is a way to fix this.

Being in public as a nuker means you can go one way, and let other players go to other areas of the tileset and clear enemies so you can swoop around and hit the rooms they cleared for resources and vice versa for them all while enemies by then should have respawned giving more loot and just keep the cycle going.

That's why I do it sometimes. :-P

Noamuh I agree with you but I don't think this is a huge issue, I also dont think there is a way to fix this.

I'm sorry but the level of hypocrisy is driving me up a wall.

"Don't tell me how or where to play. If you don't like it, play the way I find fun or go solo."

Recruiting and clan chat isn't just for low MR players that don't like being carried, it's for people trying to farm items and focus as well.

I'm surprised at how many efficient players there are that seem to miss that forming a team of like minded players lead to better rewards, it's a more efficient way to reach their goals over dropping into a PUG.

I'm sorry but the level of hypocrisy is driving me up a wall.

"Don't tell me how or where to play. If you don't like it, play the way I find fun or go solo."

Recruiting and clan chat isn't just for low MR players that don't like being carried, it's for people trying to farm items and focus as well.

I'm surprised at how many efficient players there are that seem to miss that forming a team of like minded players lead to better rewards, it's a more efficient way to reach their goals over dropping into a PUG.

Jesus Noamuth calm down... Why not have an MR/Hours played rank that it will set you up with similar players as an option? Also don't drag me into this salt discussion...Im on 2 hours of sleep and im not going to be typing away here. I already have my hands full with two other topics.

Jesus Noamuth calm down... Why not have an MR/Hours played rank that it will set you up with similar players as an option? Also don't drag me into this salt discussion...Im on 2 hours of sleep and im not going to be typing away here. I already have my hands full with two other topics.

I am calm...?

Sorry for dragging you into a topic you didn't want to be a part of.

No one is forcing you to select public matchmaking.  If you absolutely want to play in a specific manner you should be in a party/solo.  When you select public matchmaking you're taking the chance that others won't want to play like you do.  That's all there is to it.

Anyone that thinks otherwise didn't have to suffer through the first year or so of DE trying to implement in game events/enemies (Nervos, data keys for doors, timed door locks etc. etc.) to encourage group/slow play.

Edited by Aggh

can you read 90:10?

When I first started and high level player joined I usually did one of two things 1) take my time anyway, they can bloody wait or 2) try desperately to keep up with them gasping out "How are they so fast????" all while on a no forma/potato vanilla frame at rank 10 or whatever.

Maybe those experiences are still fresh with me, I dunno, but if someone joins me in a rush mission I check their MR, if its 5 or below, I just follow them, let them experience the game and help if they need it.

Just like the rare player or two did for me when I first started, yes high levels have every right to join public, yes low levels have every right to not have to deal with jerks.  Everyone is right, there is no wrong here, only the mentalities of people who think things should be done their way only.  Nice people will turn off their exalted blade or maim or world on fire and let the newbies learn how to play.  Some do, some don't, thats honestly the risk you take when joining a pug.

On the flip side, I've seen threads where high levels whine and moan about how utterly slow and leechy low ranked players are and how they have to kill everything or be in the mission for an hour.

Funny story, I actually did spend an hour or two per mission on earth for my first few levels. Learning the game.

I'm a lone Tenno, I don't use recruiting chat often as all you see is taxi requests and Draco carry demands. I won't join a clan as I've invested far too many resources into my dojo so I can roam the empty halls. This means I have very few people to play with. If I need resources or I need to farm some of that annoying Nitain on an alert, I'll do it and I'll do it efficiently. That means having 4 Tenno in game(via public match) for farming missions and rushing the silly alerts. The thing is though, I don't just wander the Starchart to find low players so I can nuke their missions. I farm the usual spots so it's likely I will bump into lower players also farming.

Myself and one other took an MR5 player through today's 3 Sorties, there was no fuss. He did 5% damage but hey, that's ok because it's just a game. There's no need for anger about other Tenno, just choose not to play that game. If I load in and I don't like the look of my team or feel it might not be a fun match, I'll just leave and find another. Try doing the same. You still get your fun and everybody wins.

Edited by Zilchy