Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe + Droppable Weapons As Loot & A New Loot Rarity!

(PSN)StarDustKillah

TL;DR Crash Course!

Please Read the Entire Post Still! Not everything can fit here!

I'll refer to droppable Weapons as "RNG Weapons".

- Total Biscuit's "My Relapse into Warframe" Video spoke on 1 of it's Biggest Weaknesses.
No Instant rewards for new players. They get discouraged & quit.” Encouraged this post to be made sooner.

- RNG Weapons ARE NOT BORDERLANDS RANDOM. 

(I’ve literally only played 6 hours of the original. So I wouldn’t know)

- RNG Weapons are like weapons now.
EXCEPT FOR: drop like Mods. Have lower Stats. Have less Mods Slots. And are divided by Rarities!

- Have the LOWEST DROP RATE of EVERYTHING of their Rarity.

- Worth more credits b/c of this. (Players can sell unwanted weapons for more $$) Maybe 40% more than Mods.

- Current Weapons in the Market & Dojo act as Categories.

- Are Worth Mastery

- Mastery gain Decreases by 25% every time Cap is reached. 

- Mastery Caps are spilt upon Weapon Category and Rarity.

- Bronze(Common) RNG Weapons Stats are 35% less than Foundry Crafted Weapons.

- Bronze(Common) RNG Weapons have 6 Mod Slots

Bronze(Common) RNG Weapons have 3 Pre-Installed(unswappable) Mods.

Bronze(Common) RNG Weapons cannot be cosmetically customized.

- Silver(Uncommon) RNG Weapons Stats are 25% less than Foundry Crafted Weapons.

- Silver(Uncommon) RNG Weapons have 6 Mod Slots

Silver(Uncommon) RNG Weapons have 2 Pre-Installed(unswappable) Mods.

Silver(Uncommon) RNG Weapons cannot be cosmetically customized.

- Gold(Rare) RNG Weapon Stats are 15% less than Foundry Crafted Weapons.

- Gold(Rare) RNG Weapons have 8 Mod Slots.

Gold(Rare) RNG Weapons have Pre-Installed(unswappable) Mods.

Gold(Rare) RNG Weapons cannot be cosmetically customized.

Not Necessary. But would be SERIOUSLY AWESOME if added:

- Some Weapon Categories would have Legendary Counter Parts.

- Legendary RNG Weapons Base Stats are about 20% better than Foundry Crafted Weapons.

- Contains Single Legendary Pre-Installed(unswappable) Mod.

NEW LOOT RARITY!
Void Rarity Loot (Akin to Exotics in Destiny)

- Notably Better Base Stats than Foundry Weapons and Current Primed Mods.

- Also have Unique Traits and Abilities. Weapons don't have Pre-Installed Mods. 

- Void Mods add drastic effects on Weapons and Waframe.

(PLEASE DON'T CRUCIFY THIS POST b/c I mentioned Destiny! :'E)

An example of a Void RNG Weapon

• Ex: "Mirage’s Akzani” - Void Trait #1: 30% Chance to return a bullet to the Magazine. Missed shots have a 45% chance to return to the Magazine. Void Trait #2: Gives Mirage’s Akzani a Secondary Fire that increases fire rate by 20% and Recoil by 5% for every 10 shots fired. Would have a magazine of 140.

Things to Quickly note:

DE plans to eventually re-adjust the MR requirements for weapons (Making the higher mainly) 

This would Increase Max MR rank by 10 or so? This would help newbies & those who are still struggling.

I made this w/ CURRENT SYSTEM FOR WEAPON ACQUISITION IN MIND. 

Benefits From This System:

- New Players (Would feel as if they're constantly making progress)

- Players who struggle with Mastery (Would have more  easier avenues for it)

- Core Players (Would always have chances at better Weapons, ALL Higher Level Content would have a New Loot Table)

- Min/Maxers (Legendary Weapons would be better than Foundry Weapons, Void Weapons would be notably better)

- Completionist (Players who want to try, use & own everything)

- Very Casual Players (Most likely not feeling like going to the Market & then sniping planets for resources. Would be able to just play mindlessly and get cool & new weapons.)

- Players Who get there Plat from Trading (RNG Weapons would be tradeble and Players under this category would have a lot of new stock)

- Baro Ki'Teer Inventory (He could sell Legendary & Void Weapons)

- Lore Fanatics (There would be Void RNG Weapons that directly correspond to Lore, old heroes, original Warframes, ancient beings, ancient locations, factions, weapon's belonging to important people etc.)

Default Weapon Slots should be increased to 10 & there should be Weapon Slot Bundles added to the Marketplace.

Maybe some even earn able.

That's it for TL;DR Crash Course

The Thesis. The reason why I’m making this Post/Concept. 
IF YOU DON’T CARE WHY. YOU CAN SKIP THIS (You won’t know why I think Warframe needs this so badly.) 

I made a post about this sometime ago. No one really cared, hardly any views and only 2 comments. One saying no and the other with a question.

I thought of adding this to my Original Thread. BUT forums don’t move threads once content the OP is changed. (I know for sure, b/c I added hand drawn diagrams to my Volt Rework, re-did abilities and it never moved. I don’t want to add a bunch of content to something I FEEL this important, for it not to be seen. Sorry :P) The forums are strict about Bumping, i think. 

So I said “Let’s make a fresh thread.” Hopefully this will get much more feedback/attention and hopefully someone sees this at Digital Extremes.

And if you have feedback. PLEASE! LEAVE IT... PLEASE!
I'm off my knees...

I was wating until I got my Adobe products back, so certain aspects could have visual representations. 

But TB made a video about Warframe. He spoke on Warframe’s few, but one of it's LARGER WEAKNESSES. And I was compelled to not wait and make this now.

The Video that made me do this now and not wait. Is here:

He touches on those Points here:

26:45                                                                    30:40                                                              41:50

• And note his Emphasis on “If you want a very specific piece of gear that might frustrate you” & “In Warframe you have to wait and sometimes it can test your Patience.” This only becomes a problem for a new player, b/c they don’t have anything to chew on.
  • DON’T FORGET with this system they could get a version of that weapon immediately, most likely inferior. But while they wait to get the better version of it, they'll continue to play.

I’m posting this, b/c no one seems to talk about this on the Forums. 

I’ve searched all over & I don’t see it mentioned anywhere. It baffles me b/c… it is one of Warframe's few weaknesses.

It’s a BIG ONE actually, this is something a lot of loot based games do, that this doesn’t. It's like a missing ingredient to making this game damn near perfect. 

If you google "warframe weapons as loot drops" my old post pops up 4th or 5th. This discourages me.

Warframe is all about evolving and growth. This is an evolution, I think it needs.

This would answer a lot of problems Warframe has now. It being an arms race & players returning to only get mastery form new weapons. Others not feeling there is much to do besides get Mastery. (Mogamu made a video talking about this)

From that Perspective. This system would at LEAST OCTUPLE the Play Time. 

DE would literally get 8x more play time from the player base, PER NEW WEAPON. 

There could be at least NINE Versions of EACH Weapon in the game (3 for each Basic Rarity Tier). 

All of them GIVING MASTERY! DE would get the results of making 8 NEW WEAPONS, with maybe 15% of the effort . That is AWESOME! 

And when I say Versions of each? I mean at most maybe a new pattern and different Default Colors. That's it!

The Main difference in Versions would be the Stats! That's it.(Refer to TL;DR or Weapon Base & Stats)

This also increases our Tenno Reinforcement Update Mastery Gain. Most of this Mastery wouldn't be gained in one sitting and would be obtained by just playing regularly.

In the future all they’d have to do, is to continue as they do now. By making a single New Cool Weapon every now and then, right. Then make 9 Separate Versions w/ slight Visual Texture and STAT differences. Add the new Versions to the loot table. They could get the same results of making 9 COMPLETELY NEW Weapons, while only having to make one whole new one.

At the end of the day. DE is happy, b/c experienced players are playing longer & new/casual players are staying and HAPPY! While casuals will eventually become core!

While players are happy b/c we have more reasons to keep playing & get MOAR MASTERY.

NEWER PLAYERS are happy TOO because they’re getting more THINGS TO PLAY WITH! Therefore being entertained longer! Therefore getting into the Warframe EASIER. W/ the basic WANT of loot, this could instill self improvement! Wanting to better their knowledge of the game!

(This happened to most of us who play now, some players need an immediate reason for that to spark. Personally, Warframe's Universe & the Design of the frames made me want to know more. So I looked for a wiki.)

The system I’m suggesting doesn’t hurt the CURRENT WAY we get weapons now. If anything it encourages the current system. Having it to where Foundry Crafted Weapons from the Market & Dojo BOASTING BETTER Stats and More Mod Slots!  Unless a Legendary or Void Tier Weapon Drops (the chances being LOW. Void RNG Weapons almost like Legendary Cores form a Sortie Low (I’ve done like 30 and I've gotten squat!!))AND NO NEED TO PRAY RNGESUS ALL WEEK EITHER!

The Current way of obtaining weapons would STILL be the primary way of obtaining your weapons. 

All that being said here are the details.

RNG Weapon Bases

- RNG Weapon Bases are the categories RNG Weapons fall into. 

Instead of a broad category like shotguns, pistols and snipers etc. 

- All Foundry Crafted, Non-Prime Weapons would act as RNG Weapon Bases(Aka Categories).

Weapons like: Cerenos, Buzlok, Prova, Amprex, Latron etc. would be Categories.

Sounds like a lot of work, BUT PLEASE HEAR ME OUT! 

- Vandal, Wraith, Prime etc. Would not act as weapon Bases.

- RNG Weapons under a Weapon Base. The Appearance, Function, Damage Type is the same as the original's.

They aren't full fledged New Weapons with new functions, Models, Firing Systems, damage types and all that.

It would be something much simpler. 

Imagine this: 

Take the current Foundry Crafted Daikyu.
Compared w/ Common/Bronze RNG Daikyu, they look the same. 

The Bronze/Common RNG Daikyu would have MUCH lower stats 6 Mod Slots.

Three of the slots having Unswappable Pre-Installed Mods

An Uncommon/Silver RNG Daikyu, same look mostly.

Has Moderately Lower Stats, w/ 6 Mod Slots

Now w/ only Two Unswappable Pre-Installed Mods

A Rare/Gold RNG Daikyu has 15% lower stats & 8 Mod Slots.

Has only 2 Pre-Installed Mods

RNG Weapons have different Default Colors and Names. 

These weapon's COSMETICS COULD NOT BE CHANGED! Encouraging them to make them from the foundry.

At Minimum there would be at least 9 Versions of each Weapon Base in the Loot Table. Three for each Basic Rarity: Common, Uncommon and Rare.

Pre-Installed Mods & Mod Slots

This idea spices up the RNG Weapon Drop Concept. 

The system could go w/o this. But I feel it’d be less interesting w/o it. 

So let’s explain:

Pre-installed Mods are in RNG Weapons to distinguish them from Foundry Crafted Weapons. 

RNG Weapons are free, instant loot and IMHO should have a fun draw back b/c of that. 

When a RNG Weapon drops, the Weapon has X number of Mod Slots. Some slots will have Mods Installed already.

THESE MODS ARE UNSWAPPABLE!

Basically: Common/Bronze RNG Weapons would have Common Mods, Uncommon RNG Weapons would have Uncommon Mods. Rare RNG Weapons would have Rare Mods. 

*Damage Type Specific Mods(Excluding Elemental Mods) shouldn't be possible. Avoided bad match ups. Ex: Ignis w/ Fanged Fusillade.

List of Mod Slots for each Rarity & amount of Pre-Installed Mods:

Common/Bronze Tier: -3 Pre-installed Mods - 3 Open Mod Slots
Uncommon/Silver Tier: -2 Pre-installed Mods - 4 Open Mod Slots
Rare/Gold Tier: - 2 Pre-installed Mods -6 Open Mod Slots

While being Unswappablethese Pre-Installed Mods would Be Upgradeable.

RNG Weapons & Mastery

- There would be Mastery Caps for EACH Rarity, of EACH RNG Weapon Base. 

Once the Mastery Cap is hit, that Mastery Cap's Value is Decreased.

- RNG Weapons should be worth as much Mastery as Foundry Crafted Weapons.
The amount of Mastery gained would decrease by 25% for each subsequent time the Cap is hit.

- Ex: Cap is hit once. 3000 mastery cap decreases to 2250. Cap is hit again. 2250 Cap decreases to 1687. Then so on and so forth.

An example to further clarify: 
1. You get a Bronze RNG Quanta to drop on Mars. You max it Level 30 & so you gain 3000 Mastery.
2. You get a new Bronze RNG Quanta on Venus. You max it to 30. This time you only get 2250 Mastery.
3. Now you get a Silver RNG Quanta on Jupiter, you max it. You’ll get 3000 this time, b/c it’s NOT a Bronze RNG Quanta. 
4. Now a step further. You’re on Eris, you get and max a Bronze RNG Mutualist Quanta. This also grants you 3000 Mastery because it belongs to a separate Weapon Base.

Also Note: DE has already said they plan on increasing the Mastery Requirement for a lot weapons. This would help beginners and those still struggling IMMENSELY!

RNG Weapons & Drop Locations

- RNG Weapon Base drop locations could be dependent on Planet and Planet Level. 

- Having Low Level Grineer Planets primarily drop Early Game RNG Grineer WeaponsHaving High Level Corpus Planets drop Mid to End Game Corpus RNG Weapons.

Tenno RNG Weapons should drop on planets based on relevance. So Early Game Tenno Weapons should spawn on Low Level Planets and so on and so fourth.

- Maybe having it to where the Void Towers and Earths Moon have a the highest chance for Tenno Weapons?

This would also give new players a new incentive to visit higher level planets. And also give them a basic understanding of: Killing Stronger enemies = Better Loot. They won't have to rely on the wiki as much!

SLIGHT Visual Differences for RNG Weapons

- RNG Weapons should have some settle Visual Differences from Foundry Crafted Weapons. Maybe some Patterns, Damage, Missing Parts, Extra Bits & Bobs etc. 

- RNG Weapons have different Color Combinations from the Foundry Crafted Weapons & these colors should be Unchangeable. To further incentives New Players to Craft their own weapons or purchase them with Plat.

And if DE decided to go all out and make Separate Model Variations for each RNG Weapon. It’d be Extremely Awesome if we could buy these Variations as Skins for our Foundry Crafted Weapons! Seriously a War Torn Rugged Galatine sounds awesome. :) :) :) :) :) :)

What about Weapon Slots?

I guess make the new default amount 10. Weapons as Loot Drops would also get DE more money possibly. Which is NOT A bad thing. 

- I'm more than positive we can all agree that Warfarme is worth more than $20 USD. 

That’s 370 Platinum and if you spend all that on weapon slots you’d get 60 WEAPON SLOTS!! That’s a lot of loot! Dem’s A LOT SWORDS AND GUNS! And worst case scenario you have to buy more by the end of the month. Spending $20 USD again on slots? You’d have 120 Slots in total. Don’t forget the sales and bonus plat deals.

- This system seems completely fair IMHO. In most games you can’t get that many slots, you're forced to sell them if you hit a limit. 

- If you compare this to me, I have 144 weapons and 155 slots. But that’s an account that is MR 19 and has 36 days played (869 Hours actually.) That Means in the course of my 869 hours played I’ve only HAD to give DE $40 USD+ (60 of these weapons I don’t use and could have been sold.)

- So yeah I think the limited Weapon Slots does not impede RNG Weapons.

DE could sell Weapon Slots in greater Bundles? I think that’d be a good idea. Maybe bundles of 10, 20 and 40 slots? For a reduced price? IDK it depends on them.

- If a player is out of Weapon Slots & picks up a RNG Weapon. That RNG Weapon should be placed in the foundry (or something similar) & only claimable once they have an open slot.

THE PART THAT ISN’T NECESSARY, BUT WOULD BE SICK!
Legendary RNG Weapons & Void RNG Weapons

This is something that would be extremely awesome, but not necessarily needed.

A Tier of Legendary RNG Weapons and a Tier Beyond it.

- Legendary RNG Weapons would have 15% better Stats than Foundry Crafted Weapons (Not better than Prime Counter Parts.)

Legendary RNG Weapons have 1 Pre-Installed Prime Mod Maxed! With 7 remaining Open Mod Slots.

- Not Every Weapon Base should have a Version of this Rarity.

- These weapons have a lower drop rate than RARE Loot (b/c ofc.)

- Low Enemy Level should Lower the Drop Rate.

- Making them primarily droppable (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) to Sorties, Events (Stratos Badge Portion), Trials, and High Wave Survival type missions. It'd be cool to see a lucky few of new players, get one to drop.

- Maybe Baro Ki-Tier could sell these?

- Along with obtaining Legendary RNG Weapons through those means. Having it so Trial Bosses get a solid 45% chance to drop Legendary RNG Weapons. A 65% chance for Nightmare Trial Bosses. "POSSIBLY" those "Sortie Bosses" having a 20% chance at dropping one. While higher level Planet Bosses having a 5% chance of dropping these. As well as Higher Level Nightmare Bosses having a 10% chance.

- These weapons could at least have a Unique Texture when compared to the Foundry Crafted Weapons.

Maybe some good ‘ole prisma?

A cool name would be nice. NO PUNS DE! jk jk jk.

Also these weapons should have high Mastery Requirements. Like 15 & 16.

Now VOID RARE LOOT!!!

- Void Tier Loot is akin to Destiny’s Exotic Tier of Loot. The Rarest of the Rare.
Except Warframe could increase the max amount of Void Tier Loot per Loadout at a time.

- In terms of acquisition, same conditions as Legendary RNG Weapons, but the drop rates being lower.

Maybe Baro could sell a Limited Qauntity like Darvo Deals?

- These weapons could correspond directly to lore mentions or be relics of war heroes, past events, Bosses and Warframes. 

- Maybe even signs of things to come? Weapons would be things like: "Mirage's Akzani”, "Rhino’s Palatine Hammer”"Oberon’s Magistar”“Vor’s Cronus Edge”“Lt. Lech Kril’s Crusher”“General Sargas Flame Tosser”“Hydroid’s Ether Blades”“Mesa’s Retired Pistols”“Raptor’s Gatling Turret” etc. Some REALLY cool weapons that’d have unique aspects to them.

- Void RNG Weapons would have Better Stats than Syndicate Weapons and maybe some even have better Stats than Primes.

-Void RNG Weapons would have Eight Open Mod Slots, ALONG W/ their own Unique Weapon Traits!

-These Unique Weapon Traits would act as very Effective Passives. These Passives DO NOT USE MODS SLOTS! Players would level these up like mods though.

If you read my old Post I referred to these as a Legacy Tier and listed examples of weapons that could exist in this Tier. A lot of those I’m gonna list again because they’re pretty cool still.

Here are Some examples of VOID RNG WEAPONS! (If you have an idea for a Void RNG Weapon, put it in a reply below!):

• Ex: "Mirage’s Akzani” - Void Trait #1: 30% Chance to return a bullet to the Magazine. Missed shots have a 45% chance to return to the Magazine. Void Trait #2: Gives Mirage’s Akzani a Secondary Fire that increases fire rate by 20% and Recoil by 5% for every 10 shots fired. Would have a magazine of 140.
  • Ex: "Rhino’s Palatine Hammer” - Void Trait #1: Enemy’s killed while Melee Channeling causes their particles to turn into Spheres, that seek out nearby enemies. Generates 8 Spheres with the damage of the finishing blow X the amount of energy used to channel. Void Trait #2: Holding down Melee, will cause the hammer to slam out a ground Tremor across the ground. Costs the user twice their normal amount of energy when Channeling.
  • Ex: "Raptor’s “Gatling Turret” - Void Trait #1: “Corpus and Corrupted Ospreys shot by this weapon have a 10% chance to be turned into allies.”
  • Ex: "Mesa’s “Retired Pistols” Void Trait #1: Shots missed have a 70% chance to ricochet off surfaces and hit the closest enemy. Void Trait #2: Alternate Fire deal 30% less damage, but has a 50% chance to neutralize incoming fire(3m in a cone) and a 25% chance to redirects incoming fire(2m in a cone) back at enemies.
  • Ex: "Trinity’s “Bo Polearm” - Void Trait #1: Enemies hit with Critical Hits have a 10% Chance to Turn in Energy Vampire’s. Void Trait #2: If Health reaches 15% while Trinity’s “Bo Polearm” is equipped, nearby enemies(8m) will be armor linked for 30 seconds. Converting 50% of damage taken to them instead.
  • Ex: "Project 658M (Convectrix) - Void Trait #1: When beams converges into one, beams Damage and Ammo Consumption increases by 150% per second. Void trait #2: Beam increases in length and width by 1m every 2 seconds.
  • Ex: "Harpak M7U - Void Trait #1: Alt Fire’s Damage, Punch Through & Ammo Consumption increases by 5x. Also deals Initial Alt Fire Shot’s damage again in an Explosion dealing Blast & Corrosive Damage, after 3 seconds. *When 2 enemies are stuck, the chain will slam them into each other & explode.* Void Trait #2: Has a 40% chance of converting any ammo type on the ground into rifle ammo.

These weapons would also have HIGH Mastery Requirements like 18 & 20.

This Loot Rarity could also be taken a step further by having it to where there are even Void Mods! Here are some of them listed back when I was referring to them as Legacy Tier.

Void Mods

• Ex: A set of “Legacy” Tier Stance Mods for each respective weapon class, that let off 2 to 3 energy wave lengths per combo? Or a “Legacy” Tier Melee Mod that allows you to launch energy waves when you did Charge Attacks, at the cost of some channeling efficiency? Imagine a Ninkondi pulling a mini Exalted Blade? (To keep it balanced they’d probably dissipate over a shorter distance. DE is pretty good at keeping things balanced)

• Ex: “Blood Lust” a “Legacy” Tier Stance Mod with an innate lowered Berserker effect(Mod that increase attack speed per critical hit). Either letting you save a slot or to stack them.

• Ex: “Panadora’s Decent” a “Legacy” Tier Stance or Aura Mod with up to 20% chance to add a random Elemental Combo to an Attack.

• Ex: "Unbreakable Spirit” a Legacy” Aura Mod that have give a form of Rage and Quick Thinking (Mod that converts a portion of Damage into Energy) to the entire team.

• Ex: “Karmic Retribution” a “Legacy” Aura Mod that hits enemies with a 1400 damage explosion, that reduces an enemies' armor by 45%. After inflicting over 600 damage on your Warframe and allies.

• If these are too strong, they could be balanced by limiting players to 4 or 6 Void Tier Equipment per Loadout.

RNG Weapons and Trading

Basically Yes.
This would do a lot to the trading market. For One, it’d be bring in more Platinum. This is good for players who get their platinum this way and good for DE because more money is spent.

Could also give newer players a possible means to earn platinum.

Oddly Enough, TB's Wife Genna, posted a Video herself the Day I posted this.

Said it's her first solo gaming video? IT'S A SIGN! :E           ... jk

Points of Interest:

10:30 Was told there was a lot of loot drops.
11:26 Her Perspective.
11:55 Specific Dilemma with Mirage
14:05-16:15 Shows the little loot she acquired from playing. (Sounds very displeased. Also why does Heat Sword need Neural Sensors lol?)
20:33 She the free system failed and buying plat was only option.(Because of feeling no progression being made) Any sense of fulfillment or freshness ONLY CAME when she bought weapons with plat. This in turn made her annoyed. I'm positive many new players have felt that way.
Oddly enough she spent $20. Like I mentioned in my OP. She could've spent $20 to get 60 weapon slots instead. 60 pieces of new content!
22:15 The Obvious Point (No sense of progression)

What can Basically be said... is that players can get extremely bored when they're lootless. RNG Weapons would nip this problem in the bud, along with a lot of other things.
And having Legendary RNG Weapons being better than our Foundry Weapons would be awesome for Seasoned Players.

We WOULDN'T LOSE ANYTHING with this!

We would only gain:

- More Potential Mastery Fodder

- Fodder easily obtainable. Players struggling w/ Mastery is practically alleviated.  

- Would Help New Players that end up feeling like Genna

- More new players b/c of this

- We'd keep those new player

- MORE reasons to play Warframe

- Having an even BIGGER Sense of Progression

- More incentive to do Higher Level Content.

- Everyone would have something new to look forward to w/ every enemy killed!

- Baro Ki-Tier has more interesting stuff to sell.

Any who!!

That's it! hopefully this thread will not have the same fate as the last one... And just sit here lol.

Back to scrapping up ducats before Baro Leaves.

Any Have a Good One! Cheers! :)
Edited by (PS4)StarDustKillah

I vote no. This game is not a dungeon crawler; we don't need another tier of random fodder weapons to get power creeped out of the game. And if you're getting nothing but trash weapon rolls, it'll be useless. If you're getting good weapon rolls that are actually useful, chances are they'll invalidate most of the actual weapons in the game. And why bother ever building or buying weapons when you'll just randomly be rewarded better ones? What if you put time, mods, formae and catalysts into weapons only for it to be surpassed by the RNG Cannon the next day? This wouldn't work without rebuilding half the game. Bottom line; If they're stronger, they make everything else invalid. If they're weaker, they're pointless filler. 

Unnecessary complication for no benefit. TotalBiscuit is not the end-all of videogame critique. 

Edited by AdunSaveMe

What they need to do is just hand out some of the lower tier weapons in some quests and/or explain, in detail, how the foundry and market work.

During my first week in the game, everything was absolutely overwhelming and it took some time to figure out what BPs and mats were, once that was done, everything else became habit. As it is right now, the market is a scary place for new people, the first thing they see is the paltry 50p and then going to the market and seeing everything at 150+, that's what would turn people away. They're not going to know about how the Braton and similar tier weapons can be bought with creds.

When the market segment is added to the ship, have the Lotus mail people a note saying "there are a few cred items in the weapons tab" or add a tutorial saying that BPs are the primary source of weapons BUT the plat market weapons come with extras.

There's already weapon blueprints that drop from enemies but they could do with adding a few more into lower level enemies' drop tables.  Relatively recently the Boar BP was added to Drekar Troopers but we could do with something dropping from Earth/Mercury enemies.

Ill say no to this idea. I like the system warframe has. We already have hundreds of weapon, no need to add hundreds more junk weapons.

The only thing I'd like is to expand the pool of "Boss weapons" (Cronus, Seer, Twin Gremlins...)

I vote no. This game is not a dungeon crawler; we don't need another tier of random fodder weapons to get power creeped out of the game. And if you're getting nothing but trash weapon rolls, it'll be useless. If you're getting good weapon rolls that are actually useful, chances are they'll invalidate most of the actual weapons in the game. And why bother ever building or buying weapons when you'll just randomly be rewarded better ones? What if you put time, mods, formae and catalysts into weapons only for it to be surpassed by the RNG Cannon the next day? This wouldn't work without rebuilding half the game. Bottom line; If they're stronger, they make everything else invalid. If they're weaker, they're pointless filler. 

Unnecessary complication for no benefit. TotalBiscuit is not the end-all of videogame critique. 

I'm assuming you didn't read the entire post.

"If you're getting good weapon rolls that are actually useful, chances are they'll invalidate most of the actual weapons in the game. And why bother ever building or buying weapons when you'll just randomly be rewarded better ones?"

They wouldn't invalidate the current weapons system. For the same reason why you'll craft some garbo new weapons now. Because the Foundry Weapons are still worth Mastery. You can't change the colors for RNG Weapons and ALL of the RNG Weapons under Gold/Rare have lower stats and less Mod Slots. And all RNG weapons under Void Tiers have Unswappable Mods installed.

You're only looking at it from the perspective of someone who's higher level as well. For more impatient & beginner Players this would help them out immensely. And it's a legitimate point.

The weaker RNG Weapons are still worth Mastery, the amount of Mastery would decrease every 30 levels achieved for that Rarity and Base.

There is no real complication (Additional Loot Rarity for RNG Weapons & Mods might be And maybe the Pre-Installed Mod System) and there are extremely large benefits. Players get more mastery, more loot is being acquired, every mission would have the chance to drop something good, new players feel like they are constantly making progress, and higher level players can try for Legendary and Void RNG Weapons drop. A vast amount of Content gets added to Warframe, with less amount of work on DE's side. 

And you wouldn't have to rebuild the entire game for this. All I'm saying is add Weapons to the Loot Table.

Ill say no to this idea. I like the system warframe has. We already have hundreds of weapon, no need to add hundreds more junk weapons.

The only thing I'd like is to expand the pool of "Boss weapons" (Cronus, Seer, Twin Gremlins...)

The Void Rarity Weapons I mentioned could act as Boss weapons? I don't know if you read the part, but if Boss weapons did things like that. That would be pretty awesome.

Also the weapons might be junk for you. But for a new and midway player, Uncommon to Uncommon would be viable. While Rare to Void being super good for them.

Oddly Enough, She posted a Video herself.

Points of Interest:

10:30    Was told there was a lot of loot drops.    

11:26    Her Perspective.    

11:55    Specific Dilemma with Mirage

14:05-16:15   Shows the little loot she acquired from playing. (Sounds very displeased. Also why does Heat Sword need Neural Sensors lol?)

20:33    She the free system failed and buying plat was only option.(Because of feeling no progression being made) Any sense of fulfillment or freshness ONLY CAME when she bought weapons with plat. This in turn made her annoyed. I'm positive many new players have felt that way.

Oddly enough she spent $20. Like I mentioned in my OP. She could've spent $20 to get 60 weapon slots instead. 60 pieces of new content!

22:15   The Obvious Point (No sense of progression)

What can Basically be said... is that players can get extremely bored when they're lootless. RNG Weapons would nip this problem in the bud.

And having Legendary RNG Weapons being better than our Foundry Weapons would be awesome for Seasoned Players.

Oddly Enough, She posted a Video herself.

Points of Interest:

10:30    Was told there was a lot of loot drops.    

11:26    Her Perspective.    

11:55    Specific Dilemma with Mirage

14:05-16:15   Shows the little loot she acquired from playing. (Sounds very displeased. Also why does Heat Sword need Neural Sensors lol?)

20:33    She the free system failed and buying plat was only option.(Because of feeling no progression being made) Any sense of fulfillment or freshness ONLY CAME when she bought weapons with plat. This in turn made her annoyed. I'm positive many new players have felt that way.

22:15   The Obvious Point (No sense of progression)

What can Basically be said... is that players can get extremely bored when they're lootless. RNG Weapons would nip this problem in the bud.

That's not the point of Warframe.

I agree the new player experience needs fine tuning, but this is NOT the answer.

I'm going to tentatively say yes to this idea, but there shouldn't be every weapon as an RNG drop. Have a few from each style and tier, no need to go overboard.

Also, these better weapons that are extremely rare are only going to annoy those less fortunate (eg me) who will never see them regardless of how hard they try. Power creep is significant enough already, no need to randomly aggravate it in specific people who will become vastly more effective than everyone else (which is especially problematic in Conclave).

In short: don't use every weapon, don't make them better. Other than that, great concept.

I'm going to tentatively say yes to this idea, but there shouldn't be every weapon as an RNG drop. Have a few from each style and tier, no need to go overboard.

Also, these better weapons that are extremely rare are only going to annoy those less fortunate (eg me) who will never see them regardless of how hard they try. Power creep is significant enough already, no need to randomly aggravate it in specific people who will become vastly more effective than everyone else (which is especially problematic in Conclave).

In short: don't use every weapon, don't make them better. Other than that, great concept.

Like I said the Legendary and Void Rarities aren't necessarily needed. I just thought it'd just be really cool to have, so I mentioned it.

If the drops where so that doing higher level missions (Trials, Nightmare Trails, Sortie and Events etc.) Dropped them more reliably than everything else anyway.

I want to point out the biggest flaws in this concept.

This will drastically affect mastery rank. Will all these variations of the same weapon have their own mastery rank addition?

Also, new players have a TINY weapon inventory capacity without plat buying new slots. This could easily lead people to think that this game has a real paywall.

Compound that with the fact that this would set up a false image of the game's long-term progression. If this only applies to low-tier weapons, then it would lead players to believe it happens at the endgame, which should absolutely not be the case.

To me, a much better idea would be to introduce "Damaged" weapons as semi-common drops from eximus enemies, which can be repaired for a simple credit fee. All low-end starter weapons, but they'll be perfectly attainable to a new player and give a reasonable boost to early-game versatility.

I want to point out the biggest flaws in this concept.

This will drastically affect mastery rank. Will all these variations of the same weapon have their own mastery rank addition?

Also, new players have a TINY weapon inventory capacity without plat buying new slots. This could easily lead people to think that this game has a real paywall.

Compound that with the fact that this would set up a false image of the game's long-term progression. If this only applies to low-tier weapons, then it would lead players to believe it happens at the endgame, which should absolutely not be the case.

To me, a much better idea would be to introduce "Damaged" weapons as semi-common drops from eximus enemies, which can be repaired for a simple credit fee. All low-end starter weapons, but they'll be perfectly attainable to a new player and give a reasonable boost to early-game versatility.

I noted how this would effect mastery rank. It might only add about 10 or 15 more levels? At Max. And DE has already said they plan on Raising the Mastery Requirement for weapons. This would help new players and others who aren't there catch up.

You get 3000 mastery from one Rarity of that Weapon Base. And after you've received 3000 Mastery, it'd drop by 20%. This would continue to drop for the Rarity of that RNG Weapon base.

Like I stated about RNG Weapons & Weapon Slots. Players should probably get 10 free slots (Not to forget PS+ Players get 150 plat.) But I put the example under "RNG Weapons & Weapon Slots," that $20 USD equals 60 weapon slots. To me that sounds fair, I suggested maybe DE sell Weapon Slot bundles.

Now, please explain to me how this would build "a false image of the game's long-term progression"?

If anything, this makes it even bigger? To a degree, easier to understand. B/c now we would get rewarded, even more for just playing. With not just points going into pools of focus and equipment. But with actual content that'd lead to more mastery.

And again DE has said they plan on making it to where weapons have higher Mastery Requirement.

And for this point: "If this only applies to low-tier weapons, then it would lead players to believe it happens at the endgame, which should absolutely not be the case."

I want to refer you to this portion of the OP:  

RNG Weapons & Drop Locations

Spoiler 

The RNG Weapon Bases drop locations could be dependent on Planet and Planet Level. So having Low Level Grineer Planets would primarily drop Early Game RNG Grineer WeaponsHaving High Level Corpus Planets drop Mid to End Game Corpus RNG Weapons. Tenno RNG Weapons should drop on planets based on relevance. So Early Game Tenno Weapons should spawn on Low Level Planets and so on and so fourth.

Maybe having it to where the Void Towers and Earths Moon have a the highest chance for Tenno Weapons?

This could also give new players a new incentive to visit higher level planets. And also give them a basic understanding of: Killing Stronger enemies = Better Loot. They won't have to rely on the wiki as much as they do now.

I think this system could work well in Warframe.

Sounds like dropabple and weaker versions of MK-1 weapons.

Essentially for Bronze/Common Early Game Weapons. Yes, Mk-1 types of damage usually.

But for Silver/Uncommon maybe Karak and Braton types of Damage?

But Rare/Gold Version of Weapons would match the stats, but have less Mod Slots (2 slots would have 2 random Gold Mods on them, that are Unswappable.)

Gold/Rare RNG Weapons are now 15% weaker than the Foundry Crafted Counter Part.

Legendary RNG Weapons would be stronger. But extremely rare, like almost Legendary Core from a Sortie Rare (But not AS bad.)

And Void RNG Weapons would be rarer than a Legendary Core.

After reading most (yeah sorry did only skim through the parts that I thought important) of your thread, I have to say I do not support the idea as it is currently.

My main beef is with the slots. If it's alright to spend cash on the game, is your opinion(don't you dare say people could trade for plat, that overthrows the whole idea of this being for new players as you promoted it). That being said, what if you do not have the slot and get a weapon drop? Will you be forced to buy a slot or lose the weapon you just got (possibly exchanged for selling value)? I can't support this. With the foundry I have the choice of what weapon and when.

Additionally, do you really belief an RNG chance is better than getting the BP from the market and build it overnight? I think that system is pretty good already. If the players have troubble obtaining the ressources, then we just need a better (ingame) explanation on how and where to farm them efficiently.

Instead I would like to see masteryrank weapons. Just give players a new weapon+slot each time they rank up in a rotation (melee->secondary->primary->melee->...)

Different Skins: This sounds quite copied from other popular games. Other skins are available. And as far as I am concerned, cosmetic changes can always be "pay only"-content. I am totally against "skin-quality".

(Quick Warning I'm Bad with grammer i blame school so i apolgize in advance) I like this idea it could work and i think it would be something new and intersting that we all could have fun with the whole RNG weapons gives the game more reasons to play espically since it can get real tedious playing the waiting game for your weapons to be finished at least this way if you run into the orginal version of one of these RNG guns you'll know how the orginal works and that its the better version of a gun you already like however though all the things I read I noticed the void weapons and the legacy weapons stuck with me through out the entire post just thinking of what one of those bad boys would look like and could do makes me wanna go hunt them down. Also i think people are forgetting that WE HAVE SENTIENTS! to deal with i mean come on people we need all the fire power we can get and if this system helps new players stick around then im all for it i found myself having a fall out with warframe and not wanting to play it simpily because i didnt feel like grabing guns the story didnt feel there i've been around since before parkour 2.0 so i've seen somethings yet its only been with the recent update Second dream (im a console player soon to be PC though) that i was like i must play WARFRAME i mean it was just amazing what was added so much so that because of it i now play warframe everyday an hell i have Fallout 4 so in short i say we should at least give it a shot besides if nothing else give me those VOID WEAPONS seriously i really need those also i dont know how to like on here cant find the stupid button so i like this and that's it!

My main beef is with the slots. If it's alright to spend cash on the game, is your opinion(don't you dare say people could trade for plat, that overthrows the whole idea of this being for new players as you promoted it). That being said, what if you do not have the slot and get a weapon drop? Will you be forced to buy a slot or lose the weapon you just got (possibly exchanged for selling value)? I can't support this. With the foundry I have the choice of what weapon and when.

I explain that in the OP (As I went through it again trimming fat, I forgot to list this point.)

I state that the weapon would be placed in the player's foundry(Or something similar.) Waiting to be claimed, until they get an open slot. No need to force someone to buy a slot. (Possibly even include a function to allow players to sell unclaimed items? Would be nice actually.)

Again a lot of players don't like to wait, a lot of new players want loot fast. This system does not step on the current systems toes. Most of these weapons are Statically INFERIOR in almost every way compared to Foundry Crafted Weapons... except for that they are instant loot.

The foundry weapons ultimate advantage is what you said "With the foundry I have the choice of what weapon and when." The systems coexists perfectly. 

Additionally, do you really belief an RNG chance is better than getting the BP from the market and build it overnight? I think that system is pretty good already. If the players have troubble obtaining the ressources, then we just need a better (ingame) explanation on how and where to farm them efficiently.

I never said it was. I never stated one system "functionally" being better than the other. I think they both go hand in hand. the difference is that one appeals to a certain taste and vice versa. This system would work well in Warframe IMHO.

(Quick Warning I'm Bad with grammer i blame school so i apolgize in advance) I like this idea it could work and i think it would be something new and intersting that we all could have fun with the whole RNG weapons gives the game more reasons to play espically since it can get real tedious playing the waiting game for your weapons to be finished at least this way if you run into the orginal version of one of these RNG guns you'll know how the orginal works and that its the better version of a gun you already like however though all the things I read I noticed the void weapons and the legacy weapons stuck with me through out the entire post just thinking of what one of those bad boys would look like and could do makes me wanna go hunt them down. Also i think people are forgetting that WE HAVE SENTIENTS! to deal with i mean come on people we need all the fire power we can get and if this system helps new players stick around then im all for it i found myself having a fall out with warframe and not wanting to play it simpily because i didnt feel like grabing guns the story didnt feel there i've been around since before parkour 2.0 so i've seen somethings yet its only been with the recent update Second dream (im a console player soon to be PC though) that i was like i must play WARFRAME i mean it was just amazing what was added so much so that because of it i now play warframe everyday an hell i have Fallout 4 so in short i say we should at least give it a shot besides if nothing else give me those VOID WEAPONS seriously i really need those also i dont know how to like on here cant find the stupid button so i like this and that's it!

Oh God... GRAMMAR NAZI POWERZ!! ACTIVATE!!

(Quick Warning I'm Bad with grammer i blame school so i apolgize in advance)

I like this idea. It could work & I think it would be something new & interesting, that we all could have fun with. The whole RNG Weapons gives the game more reasons to play. Especially since it can get real tedious playing the waiting game, for your weapons to be finished. At least this way if you run into the original version of one of these RNG guns. You'll know how the original works and that its the better version of a gun you already like.

However though all the things I read I noticed the void weapons & the legacy weapons stuck with me through out the entire post. Just thinking of what one of those bad boys would look like & could do makes. Me wanna go hunt them down. Also i think people are forgetting that WE HAVE SENTIENTS! to deal with. I mean come on people we need all the fire power we can get & if this system helps new players stick around.

Then I'm all for it! I found myself having a fall out with Warframe and not wanting to play it, simply because i didn't feel like grabbing guns. The story didn't feel there, I've been around since before parkour 2.0. So i've seen somethings, yet its only been with the recent update Second dream (I'm a console player soon to be PC though) that i was like I must play WARFRAME!! I mean it was just amazing, so much was added, that because of it I now play Warframe everyday. And hell I have Fallout 4!

So in short, I say we should at least give it a shot. Besides if nothing else give me those VOID WEAPONS, seriously I really need those.

*Also I don't know how to like on here? Can't find the stupid button so i like this and that's it!

ahhh! Better :)

I like the idea, however the slots is a legitimate concern.

Maybe make slots craft able (somewhat large requirements and a long build time to AVOID reducing plat sales for slots)

or have some kind of armory similar to that of the prime vault.  It would have unlimited slots, or maybe some kind of construction thing idk.  Any weapon placed in the armory  1. cannot be used while it is there, and 2. takes time to be "vaulted" and takes time again to be "un-vaulted".

feel free to rip apart this idea and make it better im just throwing out ideas.

I like the idea, however the slots is a legitimate concern.

Maybe make slots craft able (somewhat large requirements and a long build time to AVOID reducing plat sales for slots)

or have some kind of armory similar to that of the prime vault.  It would have unlimited slots, or maybe some kind of construction thing idk.  Any weapon placed in the armory  1. cannot be used while it is there, and 2. takes time to be "vaulted" and takes time again to be "un-vaulted".

feel free to rip apart this idea and make it better im just throwing out ideas.

If DE could think of a way to make it so that adding Mod Slots to these felt fair, Sure.

I guess having it to when you have a RNG Weapon. On the Liset, You'd be able to use the foundry to add more slots. Probably having same resource requirements as the Foundry Crafted Weapon but smaller.

Possibly having it so that Bronze needing 50% of the resources, Common needing 35% and then Rare needing 25% of the resources.

I guess if it where something like that it could work.