Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Just Swap Lenses?

Althran

Greater lenses are pretty expensive.  They're 4 regular lenses and a lot of credits and time, or they're 40 plat.  Recently I wanted to switch over to the zenurik faction, but I've installed a lot of greater madurai lenses.  And they get destroyed if I replace them... Why can't you just swap them out?  I feel like that's going a bit too far.  Having to buy new lenses because my old ones got destroyed instead of easily being able to swap them out is just messed up.

The issue I came up with when I questioned this was that once you got three lenses, you won't need any more, because then you can just move the lenses to the equipment you're going to use in a mission. DE would want the player to get one lens, eventually greater lenses, for each piece of equipment.

Although, I'd argue there should be more ways of obtaining Lenses, rather than just doing Sorties and hoping you get one.

The issue I came up with when I questioned this was that once you got three lenses, you won't need any more, because then you can just move the lenses to the equipment you're going to use in a mission. DE would want the player to get one lens, eventually greater lenses, for each piece of equipment.

Although, I'd argue there should be more ways of obtaining Lenses, rather than just doing Sorties and hoping you get one.

Doing sorties and hoping to get a lens? Didnt know someone wants that xD Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

Doing sorties and hoping to get a lens? Didnt know someone wants that xD

It's really the only thing that drops in Sorties that I want, unless lenses are somehow obtainable another way without the use of platinum.

I don't trade, I don't want the Dera Vandal, Ivara doesn't interest me, Nezha doesn't interest me, I have enough Catalysts and Reactors, I already own a Karak Wraith, I have a sufficient stockpile of fusion cores, and I have hardly any use for unlocking Exilus slots.

All I really want is Naramon Lenses. But, given how stacked against me the odds are, and how tedious Sorties are, I have no desire to chase after them, so I'm stuck not progressing.

It's really the only thing that drops in Sorties that I want, unless lenses are somehow obtainable another way without the use of platinum.

I don't trade, I don't want the Dera Vandal, Ivara doesn't interest me, Nezha doesn't interest me, I have enough Catalysts and Reactors, I already own a Karak Wraith, I have a sufficient stockpile of fusion cores, and I have hardly any use for unlocking Exilus slots.

All I really want is Naramon Lenses. But, given how stacked against me the odds are, and how tedious Sorties are, I have no desire to chase after them, so I'm stuck not progressing.

Legendary Core :p

Can give u a bunch of naramon lenses if you want tomorrow, dont need em

A better question is why can't we install more than one lens on our gear and select the school we want to gain focus on (separately from primary school since I like to use naramon xp bonus when ranking up other school).

Anyhow I got around this by making multiple loki primes. I already had a ton of sets people refuse to buy for a fair price (always get offers like 30p) so I just made them. Cheaper to buy one warframe slot at 20p and insert a spare reactor (I have tons of unused), than to replace my lens I will want to go back on after I got desired bonuses in other schools.

This may backfire on me if they significantly change the way focus is handled or allow a distilling lens feature but whatever. I'd rather have 3 loki primes along with my loki than wait for focus to be fixed.

I've got all schools unlocked, mastered everything I want in naromon and zanurik without throwing away 1 greater lens.