Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blood Rush + Body Count = No Pressure Point?

Kaotyke

Ah, right.

But removing either pressure point or elemental combo is a bad idea.

But it's not though, I now officially have an alternative build that is doing more damage then I would have been doing before these mods were released, while having more fun doing it, while not giving up any of my utility mods. It's a win/win/win.

But it's not though, I now officially have an alternative build that is doing more damage then I would have been doing before these mods were released, while having more fun doing it, while not giving up any of my utility mods. It's a win/win/win.

I'd like to know the build without Pressure Point for a weapon that doesn't have +damage augment where removing the weakest dps mod for Pressure Point wouldn't increase your damage output.

I'd like to know the build without Pressure Point for a weapon that doesn't have +damage augment where removing the weakest dps mod for Pressure Point wouldn't increase your damage output.

Hell, if I was using ichors, I would put another utility mod, how about a rad viral full status build :P

Hell, if I was using ichors, I would put another utility mod, how about a rad viral full status build :P

I don't see a point in a melee rad viral full status build. You only need to proc the things once. Proccing radiation on a melee target isn't even useful unless you fight against groups with ancient healer.

This sounds like a "fun build" which doesn't try to be efficient.

For damage purposes, removing Pressure Point reduces your damage by almost 55% (or by 43% if you use Steel Charge).

The point of the thread as I perceive it is that you could now build without Pressure Point and get MORE damage than with it, since damage is the only point of Pressure Point. This doesn't seem to be true though. At least not in almost any case.

I don't see a point in a melee rad viral full status build. You only need to proc the things once. Proccing radiation on a melee target isn't even useful unless you fight against groups with ancient healer.

This sounds like a "fun build" which doesn't try to be efficient.

For damage purposes, removing Pressure Point reduces your damage by almost 55% (or by 43% if you use Steel Charge).

The point of the thread as I perceive it is that you could now build without Pressure Point and get MORE damage than with it, since damage is the only point of Pressure Point. This doesn't seem to be true though. At least not in almost any case.

From the second line in the OP it seems to be about not needing pressure point. These new mods have tipped the scales into absurdity, doing enough damage to a lvl 100+ corrupted gunner eximi is no longer something that needs to be worried about. Obviously this raises the entire "meta" ceiling across the board to... pointless levels, but you don't actually need to build around it.

It's a fun build, but it still can't match the same damage of one with Pressure Point.

You're pratically doubling the amount of time you're gonna spend on killing the enemy(rough 45% or so) because you want to make a different build.

So yeah, it can be done, but it's still no match compared to one with Pressure Point.

Also I'm still waiting for DE to remove this mod with the other damage ones, it's really pissing me off having these new mods to put on my wep and not enough slots to put em all because of "Mandatory Mods" -_-

For ichors imo, Pressure Point + Blood Rush + Body Count + Organ Shatter + Berzerker + True Steel + 2x Elemental.

Or you can ditch True Steel for Life strike.

This feels more complete and you do attack a lot faster.

Pretty much, you don't really need True Steel if you keep up the combo counter so you can remove that or one Elemental for Life Strike..

So if I am reading this correctly, if DE were to remove Pressure Point for some weapons there would be two mods now required to reach similar damage?

Required

Two mods

Similar damage

I do hope this isn't how DE plan to address required mods ;)

Anyway interesting, thanks for sharing OP.

Read through some comments, decided that Blood Rush might be better off slapping onto a very low crit chance weapon with Heavy damage than to sacrifice a ton of mod space just to get red crits.

Since 5 hits is all I need to reach 100% crit chance, I'm gonna take it and go for a pure damage build and a berserker, with this mod at the side, dedicating 6 slots to straight damage. 

That could turn the Galatine or Schindo prime into a blending machine instantly considering yu can just squeeze as much damage into the build and achieve 100% crit chance once yu hit 5 targets.

How do these mods work with say Broken-War or War? I see people mentioning Scindo Prime, but not War, when War has more damage, doesn't it with the same crit chance.

Broken-War has a 15% crit chance, but high damage. I'm thinking about using this set up with my Ash, but trying to figure crap out.

I currently have it set up on my Prisma Dual Cleavers, but haven't really taken it for a test drive yet.

Edited by mrwald0

Since 5 hits is all I need to reach 100% crit chance, I'm gonna take it and go for a pure damage build and a berserker, with this mod at the side, dedicating 6 slots to straight damage. 

Its +% to base as with almost everything else that modifies stats. With only Blood Rush, you need a minimum of 15 hits to get >100% crit chance on a weapon with a base crit of 25%. For the galatine (or any other base 10% crit weapon, and only Blood Rush), you need a 1215 hit combo for 100% crit chance. Unless im hugely mistaken (always a possibility).

Its +% to base as with almost everything else that modifies stats. With only Blood Rush, you need a minimum of 15 hits to get >100% crit chance on a weapon with a base crit of 25%. For the galatine (or any other base 10% crit weapon, and only Blood Rush), you need a 1215 hit combo for 100% crit chance. Unless im hugely mistaken (always a possibility).

I'm bad with math, I just assumed it just upped the chance to crit lol.

Suddenly, this mod doesn't seem appealing anymore if I'm not using a weapon with high Crit rate. 

Blood Rush is a separate crit chance multiplier from other multipliers, seems to work like this from my testing...

( Base ) x (1 + 0.6 "True Steel") x (1 + (1.65 "Blood Rush") x {Combo})

I am not totally sure how it interacts with Naramon's Deadly Intent, best case is that is another multiplier, worst case is additive with Blood Rush's multiplier.

So after 5 hits (1.5x Multiplier), with True Steel and Blood Rush, you would have 1.6 * (1 + (1.65 * 1.5)) = 5.56 times your base critical chance, which pushes even a 15% weapon up to 83.4% crit after only five hits.  Even a 10% weapon would be at > 50% chance.

If you want to test the above, take a 15% melee weapon and put both mods on it, you can red crit at 2x multiplier (multiplier gets you to 103.2%, additive would get you to 73.5% only).

TLDR; Blood Rush is amazing.

It is a shame Weeping Wounds was cut down to 45% per multiple only, at ~120% it might have ended up being used.