The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates

(XBOX)updog85

Question

17 answers to this question

If you..

Like flowers and don't mind ruining your fresh sneakers every time you're there = Loka

Like to take care the elderly and play dress up with them = Perrin

Are into SM and other forms of torture for pleasure =  Veil

Fancy a chick in a Grineer uniform who can handle your tool = Steel

Want to talk the talk and moonwalk that path to the singularity = Suda

..or you can take Hexis*

(* I don't think my historical event-relevant joke goes well here ;-)

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

Augments and weapons are tradable so in that regard, your choice of Syndicates doesn't matter too much

- not that you'd be able to actually buy / trade / use any of the Syndicate weapons if you're only MR3, mind you -

while Syandanas (woo Telos / Secura) and Team Restore BPs (also Specters) cannot be traded,

so unless you plan on switching Syndicates relatively soon to cover all of those, maybe choose based on that.

Obligatory 4 Syndicates copypasta:

You can easily have positive Standing in 4 Syndicates at once:

1) Steel / Suda / Hexis / Veil

Only run Steel / Suda missions, have a Steel Sigil equipped.

Suda won't interfere with Steel and gives you +50% Hexis,

the -50% Veil is made up by the +50% Veil from Steel

and the Steel Sigil (no negative for Suda / Hexis) finally gets Veil into positive.

2) Veil / Loka / Perrin / Steel

Only run Veil / Loka missions, have a Veil Sigil equipped.

Works pretty much like the previous.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Suda's unique Large Team Shield Restore. (Eh, no big deal, IMO.)

3) Perrin / Hexis / Loka / Suda

Only run Perrin / Hexis missions, alternate between Perrin / Hexis Sigils.

Perrin / Hexis are opposed but you still get a total of +50% for each

and they don't interfere with Loka / Suda so +50% each there, as well.

FYI, this combination makes you miss out on Veil's unique Large Team Ammo Restore. (Maybe somewhat of a big deal, dunno.)

I know this may be an overly simplistic answer.  You will eventually want the weapons and mods from all the syndicates.  That being said,  if you play with the same group of people then it usually makes sense to pick syndicates opposite those of your closest friends so that way you can trade them. The only down side is that you cannot do the syndcate missions together and both of you gain the mission standing.

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

Most of the augment mods can be found in two different syndicates. If you pick one, you can typically get in favorable standing with two others. The question is which three would you want to side with? You can in theory pull off 4 at a time but it is a fine balance to stay in good standing.

Steel Meridian, Arbiters and Suda can be all in good standing.

@NinjaZeku

Does your formula for "4 syndicates" increase standing only for the ones you run missions for?

I have a hard time understanding how you gain standing for a syndicate for which you don't do any missions.

I am waiting to reach MR12, so I can do syndicate missions. And I am really into new Loka. Would like to know more about how this strategy works.

Thanks

@NinjaZeku

Does your formula for "4 syndicates" increase standing only for the ones you run missions for?

I have a hard time understanding how you gain standing for a syndicate for which you don't do any missions.

I am waiting to reach MR12, so I can do syndicate missions. And I am really into new Loka. Would like to know more about how this strategy works.

Thanks

No, that's the whole point, you gain Standing in all 4.

Whenever you gain Standing in a Syndicate (e.g. Steel), the Allied Syndicate (Veil in that case) also gains 50% of that

[while the Opposed Syndicate (Perrin) loses 50% and the Enemy one (Loka) loses 100% of that Standing value].

Syndicate missions aren't MR-locked, you just need to reach

Rank 1 in a Syndicate from wearing their Sigil / gaining "Allied" Standing.

Standing gained from Sigils has a daily cap that you can check e.g. on your Snydicate console or in your Profile.

For the 1st combo,

Steel gives +50% Veil

Suda gives -100% veil

So du you run more steel missions to make veil positive?

Edit: my mistake. Susa gives -50% also

How does steel sigil impact veil standing?

Sorry if I seem stubborn. Just really confused.

Edited by FallingHeaven

For the 1st combo,

Steel gives +50% Veil

Suda gives -100% veil

So du you run more steel missions to make veil positive?

Edit: my mistake. Susa gives -50% also

Sorry if I seem stubborn. Just really confused.

I am doing those 4 right now.

I first maxed Suda and Hexis by wearing the Suda sigils and doing Suda and Hexis missions.

Then I keep them (near) maxed by initiating and wearing the Steel sigils, which gains standing with Steel and Veil. However, I do not wear the Veil sigils or play Veil missions as that would affect my standing with Suda/Hexis.

So over time, I will have Suda and Hexis (near) maxed, Steel from 0 to max (currently gaining the last bits to 132k), and Veil from -44k (due to Suda and Hexis start), to max (after reaching max with Steel). So I will be wearing that Steel sigil for a long time, not only to keep my Steel up, but also to redeem myself at Veil and rank up.

Another thing to look at are the specters offered, since they are not available any other place in the game and also not tradeable. If you play mostly with teams it probably won't matter much, but if you play solo a lot they can be really helpful. For example the eximus healer from new loka helps a lot in solo defense missions to reduce the damage done to the pod.

it really does not matter since you can trade for the weapons and mods, and the other stuff is mostly toys.

that said, the items I get the most use from so far are

perrin secondary ... full auto puncture goodness, its solid all -around but has bad recoil.

veil secondary ...  combo bow and burst like gun,  it hits hard on single targets or cuts down a wave, with unique sideways recoil that actually is beneficial for shooting at groups of trash.   But the key is ... veil weapons restore power.  Its a must-have for a prowl-ivara, and useful on anyone.   Did I mention that its silent :)

v- hek.   Decent mag size and damage, puncture based shotgun, its a strong weapon.

There are other good ones, those are just my personal favorites.  

depending on your level, gear, and such there are some factions you might NOT want to make hate you. 

The osprey and ancient healer assault squads that come for you are both rather brutal for soloers with lesser gear.   You were warned.

Edited by jonnin

Uhm ...

Whenever you gain Standing in a Syndicate (e.g. Steel), the Allied Syndicate (Veil in that case) also gains 50% of that

*headtilt*

I first maxed Suda and Hexis by wearing the Suda sigils and doing Suda and Hexis missions.

Then I keep them (near) maxed by initiating and wearing the Steel sigils, which gains standing with Steel and Veil.

Sure, you can do it that way but it means paying the sacrifices for getting Veil out of the negatives

which is unnecessary if you "stick to the plan" from the get-go.

@OP - Personally, I would look at the one that offers the most items you are interested in, then work on that one first. Syndicate mods/weapons are easily traded so I wouldn't worry about that one or two you don't need right away, just pick the one that has the most. 

In my personal experience, I have always supported Hexis/Steel/Suda. I only paused long enough to run Steel only to upgrade Veil so that I could get the Large Team Ammo Restore. Once that was done, I have let it fall back into the negative and don't worry about it. 

Spectre blueprints can be bought from the Syndicates you support, but when you are attacked by an enemy Syndicate and kill the death squad, they tend to drop their blueprints as well. So you never really need to support a faction you don't want just to get their spectre technically. 

If your goal is to collect every augment/cosmetic/weapon/and restore they all offer, I would seriously consider going the route suggested by NinjaZeku, it will save you some of your offerings in the long run. Good luck Tenno!

U basically can increase standing with 3 syndicates without getting backlash and end up wasting time... I also suggest finding the medallions during syndicate missions as these often net as much if not more rep than the mission itself offers. Save them for those days u need a lil bit more rep to get where you need to be lol.Good luck tenno

Edited by (XB1)P Knucklez

Spectre blueprints can be bought from the Syndicates you support, but when you are attacked by an enemy Syndicate and kill the death squad, they tend to drop their blueprints as well. So you never really need to support a faction you don't want just to get their spectre technically.

I didn't know these dropped. I have never had anything drop from a syndicate death squad

2) Veil / Loka / Perrin / Steel

Only run Veil / Loka missions, have a Veil Sigil equipped.

What this ignores is how much it impacts your ability to gain standing.  Gaining access to a 4th syndicate puts a pretty large penalty on you. 

Looking at just one day and lets assume you get 16k in standing for running all three missions per syndicate, not including medallions.  Then say you daily cap is 20k.

To max four like suggested you get two sets of missions and daily cap.

+16k veil, +8k steel

+16k loka, +8k perrin, -8k steel

+20k veil, +10k steel

-----

+36k veil

+16k loka

+8k perrin

+2k steel

---

62k total

On the other hand if you only care about the three right syndicates you can add a third set of daily missions.

+16k veil, +8k steel

+16k loka, +8k perrin, -8k steel

+16k perrin, +8k loka, -16k steel

+20k perrin, +10k loka

+16k veil

+34k loka

+44k perrin

--

94k total

You are throwing away 32k in possible standing EVERY day to go up with Steel Merridian by 2k.  If you are a long established player with nearly all of the syndicate offerings then this might make sense.  As a new player trying to acquire all of the stuff its rather stupid.

Note that my 94k number ignores the -16k loss from Steel.  I think you can do that without it being a spin on the numbers because negative standing will cap at -44k overall.  Once you hit the bottom you can't go any lower so you can indeed start ignoring that loss.