Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Rework Ideas

Ameijin-Grey

Within my time in Warframe, I've noticed how every slash of Excalibur's Exalted Blade generated an energy wave. I believe that game-play using Exalted Blade could be more involved. Here is a list of potentially interesting ways to incorporate the energy wave into Exalted Blade : 

1) Making it so that the energy wave can only be generated by using a charge attack with the Exalted Blade

2) Energy wave being generated by channeling energy

3) At the end of a combo for Exalted Blade, a large energy wave gets created

Those are all of my ideas, feel free to add to the list!

***Addendum****

This post is to further the progression of that ability i.e encouraging the use of combinations or charged attacks.

Edited by Mega_No_Grey

Within my time in Warframe, I've noticed how every slash of Excalibur's Exalted Blade generated an energy wave. I believe that game-play using Exalted Blade could be more involved. Here is a list of potentially interesting ways to incorporate the energy wave into Exalted Blade : 

1) Making it so that the energy wave can only be generated by using a charge attack with the Exalted Blade

Yeaaaaaa 

NO.

Try normal melee-ing a flying enemy like an osprey.

The Wave Stays

Nah i don't believe  the dmg is a problem anymore especially with the new melee mods from the event. Its making normal melee weapons stronger than the exalted abilities so i think in terms of dmg its best to just leave them alone.An the way the waves work makes exalted blade unique otherwise its just another sword so yea keep the waves as is

Edited by (PS4)kobetroy

I think it'd be cool to replace the travelling waves right now with a stationary wave that has no travel time but only appears right in front of Excalibur. So its rather a lingering slash that enhances each attack on his EB. 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/9/94/Meta_Knight_Sword_Beam.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130313230712

Sorta like that. But the wave does travel anywhere. It kinda just moves with Excalibur for it's momentary duration like the shield on Odonata.

Travelling wave on charge attacks?

also unsure how to embed. Keeps telling me I am not allowed to use the image on this forum

#ExcuseYou

Excalibur's Rework balanced him, arguably more than any other Frame. 

Instead of messing around with a balanced Frame, why don't you spend your time worrying about the ones that actually need to be tweaked.

*cough*BansheeOberonLiterallyEveryOtherWarframeInGame*cough*

#ExcuseYou

Instead of messing around with a balanced Frame, why don't you spend your time worrying about the ones that actually need to be tweaked.

I'm sorry for trying to progress an otherwise mindless E spamming Warframe ability. Instead of commenting on a thread that is supposed to be progressive, why don't you take your business elsewhere?

I'm sorry for trying to progress an otherwise mindless E spamming Warframe ability. Instead of commenting on a thread that is supposed to be progressive, why don't you take your business elsewhere?

Valkyr's Hysteria isn't mindlessly spamming E? Wukong's Primal Fury? How about Ivara's Artemis Bow? 

From the looks of it, you're just picking on Excalibur, and out of all the Frames that could use tweaking, he isn't one of them. Other players, like myself, really enjoy the blade waves. Why propose that it's a bad idea, and that it needs to be changed? It's worked thus far. 

Excalibur is my personal favorite and go-to Frame. It's not required to spam Exalted Blade, and I honestly dislike that players do spam it, but I'm not voting to change Exalted Blade just because I disagree with how others use it.

Edited by (XB1)Austinjt126

Have you tried not endlessly spamming E while using the ability?

That could make it more fun for you rather than changing the whole ability to suit you.

Just a thought.

+Auto Parry now blocks 85% of damage as it is a one handed sword

+Increase in base range of Sword

+ Reduce channeling cost while active

-Waves retain same strength but only activate via certain combos. Various combos may increase wave size with a cost to speed or decrease wave size with increase speed.

It's Exalted Blade meaning the sword should be the center focus. Waves should feel like a bonus to an already excellent blade.

#ExcuseYou

Dont forget oberon Vaubun Nekros Mag oberon Zephyr Nyx nekros Mesa and maybe Oberon oh and hyrdroid

+Auto Parry now blocks 85% of damage as it is a one handed sword

+Increase in base range of Sword

+ Reduce channeling cost while active

-Waves retain same strength but only activate via certain combos. Various combos may increase wave size with a cost to speed or decrease wave size with increase speed.

It's Exalted Blade meaning the sword should be the center focus. Waves should feel like a bonus to an already excellent blade.

I think those ideas have potential!

Have you tried not endlessly spamming E while using the ability?

That could make it more fun for you rather than changing the whole ability to suit you.

Just a thought.

Yes I have actually. I wouldn't be commenting on the matter if I hadn't. Look if you're not going to post anything progressive why not step away from my thread? Thanks!

Valkyr's Hysteria isn't mindlessly spamming E? Wukong's Primal Fury? How about Ivara's Artemis Bow? 

From the looks of it, you're just picking on Excalibur, and out of all the Frames that could use tweaking, he isn't one of them. Other players, like myself, really enjoy the blade waves. Why propose that it's a bad idea, and that it needs to be changed? It's worked thus far. 

Excalibur is my personal favorite and go-to Frame. It's not required to spam Exalted Blade, and I honestly dislike that players do spam it, but I'm not voting to change Exalted Blade just because I disagree with how others use it.

Okay clearly you're just going to sit there and try to divert attention away from the post's topic. If you don't have any progressive ideas I'll have to ask that you leave my thread alone? Have a good one.

I think it'd be cool to replace the travelling waves right now with a stationary wave that has no travel time but only appears right in front of Excalibur. So its rather a lingering slash that enhances each attack on his EB. 

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/9/94/Meta_Knight_Sword_Beam.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130313230712

Sorta like that. But the wave does travel anywhere. It kinda just moves with Excalibur for it's momentary duration like the shield on Odonata.

Travelling wave on charge attacks?

also unsure how to embed. Keeps telling me I am not allowed to use the image on this forum

The link worked! I can't say I fully understand your idea though.

Okay clearly you're just going to sit there and try to divert attention away from the post's topic. If you don't have any progressive ideas I'll have to ask that you leave my thread alone? Have a good one.

No, I've played long enough to know what happens when people start asking for balanced things to be reworked.

The Devs start messing around with what people like yourself post about, and everything else gets set on the backburner and forgotten about. 

Oberon has been in need of a serious buff for quite some time. Don't even get me started on Zephyr, Hydroid, Mag, or Nekros

Yet you're posting about something that's been tweaked and balanced to near perfection, like it's in serious need of another rework. 

Sorry, but I've made numerous threads about this exact issue, and then the community cries and wonders why things that don't need to be tweaked are messed around with, and things that really need to be reworked, get hung out to dry.

No, I've played long enough to know what happens when people start asking for balanced things to be reworked.

The Devs start messing around with what people like yourself post about, and everything else gets set on the backburner and forgotten about. 

Oberon has been in need of a serious buff for quite some time. Don't even get me started on Zephyr, Hydroid, Mag, or Nekros

Yet you're posting about something that's been tweaked and balanced to near perfection, like it's in serious need of another rework. 

Sorry, but I've made numerous threads about this exact issue, and then the community cries and wonders why things that don't need to be tweaked are messed around with, and things that really need to be reworked, get hung out to dry

Clearly it isn't perfection but hey, we all have our perspectives. Regardless, you're missing the point of the thread. If you're so concerned about other Warframes then post your own thread about them. These are just ideas, I'm not asking for anything to be changed. 

1-banshee is ok, maybe rethink her 4rd, maybe. In any case she is balanced frame for truly endgame

2-excal is ok too, just forget about whole "wave when chaleling" thing, coz even with reduced cost group of 10 dudes gonna cost you bazillions of energy. DE wanna bring volt and mag excal lvl, but you think otherwise, not gonna happen<-doesn't even play with excal that much

The link worked! I can't say I fully understand your idea though.

Well I was thinking of increasing the effective range of the sword rather than just firing off waves.

It's really hard to describe what I'm envisioning but the best way to put it is a slash that lingers for a moment. It still creates the waves it does now, but the wave doesn't travel foward. Rather it's merely an extension of the sword itself. Sorry I have no good comparisons to demonstrate as my drawing skills are poor.

http://rs937.pbsrc.com/albums/ad211/ReichigoKulric/Bleach/GetsugaTensho.jpg~c200

The best I can think of is this frame of a Getsuga Tenshou. 

Ah. People said the same thing about other reworks. Chill man, they're just ideas. The moment you stop dreaming is the moment the future dies. Food for thought.

There really is only 2 options for excalibur.

#1 The Way it currently is

#2 Excal ditches the exalted skana and uses an exalted galatine that kits everything within 8 meters that increases his speed to 2.5 and all of his attacks have a lunge where he lunges two meters forward and kills everything.

Most people prefer him as he is

Well I was thinking of increasing the effective range of the sword rather than just firing off waves.

It's really hard to describe what I'm envisioning but the best way to put it is a slash that lingers for a moment. It still creates the waves it does now, but the wave doesn't travel foward. Rather it's merely an extension of the sword itself. Sorry I have no good comparisons to demonstrate as my drawing skills are poor.

http://rs937.pbsrc.com/albums/ad211/ReichigoKulric/Bleach/GetsugaTensho.jpg~c200

The best I can think of is this frame of a Getsuga Tenshou. 

I understand now, thanks for clarifying. Maybe even have combos that spell things out in tenno language with the air slashes, that creates a blast of sorts? I think that'd be kind of a reward for doing combos.

I understand now, thanks for clarifying. Maybe even have combos that spell things out in tenno language with the air slashes, that creates a blast of sorts? I think that'd be kind of a reward for doing combos.

Like Excalibur writing a Tennobet word in the air with sword slashes? That sounds amazing.

Why do people keep wanting to fix something that's not broken?

If you wanna take away the waves, then you best be prepared to give excalibur more hp, shields and/or armor or even invulnerability like Valkyr.

I mean this is a coop game. People work together to take down enemies but the only thing people still seem to be concerned is "My teammates kills more than me".

Excalibur is a damage dealer frame like Valkyr so of course comparing to a healer like Trinity, a tank like Rhino or Frost, he should deal high damage and he gets lower survivability stats in exchange.

It's fun playing as him because you can still die if you messed up with the energy/ability usage balance during a mission.

If he's not fun for you, find a frame that is? There are tons of many others.

In fact, I rotate my frames every now and then, and though not all suit my gameplay style but it's way better than trying to destroy other players' favourite or most fun frame.

Sorry but I have seen this many times before already. First was slash dash then came radial javelin then now again trying to do it to exalted blade.

When does this stop? Just lock him behind MR10 please. Maybe that will stop this madness for once.

There really is only 2 options for excalibur.

#1 The Way it currently is

#2 Excal ditches the exalted skana and uses an exalted galatine that kits everything within 8 meters that increases his speed to 2.5 and all of his attacks have a lunge where he lunges two meters forward and kills everything.

Most people prefer him as he is

#2 sounds like a cool idea, but maybe the attack speed would put Valkyr's Warcry to shame, also many other heavy class weapons of similar caliber. The range seems like it could reasonably replace the current E-Blade without taking it away entirely in my opinion.

Why do people keep wanting to fix something that's not broken?

If you wanna take away the waves, then you best be prepared to give excalibur more hp, shields and/or armor or even invulnerability like Valkyr.

I mean this is a coop game. People work together to take down enemies but the only thing people still seem to be concerned is "My teammates kills more than me".

Excalibur is a damage dealer frame like Valkyr so of course comparing to a healer like Trinity, a tank like Rhino or Frost, he should deal high damage and he gets lower survivability stats in exchange.

It's fun playing as him because you can still die if you messed up with the energy/ability usage balance during a mission.

If he's not fun for you, find a frame that is? There are tons of many others.

In fact, I rotate my frames every now and then, and though not all suit my gameplay style but it's way better than trying to destroy other players' favourite or most fun frame.

Sorry but I have seen this many times before already. First was slash dash then came radial javelin then now again trying to do it to exalted blade.

When does this stop? Just lock him behind MR10 please. Maybe that will stop this madness for once.

I'm not trying to ruin Excalibur for anyone, I just feel that his main ability could be executed with a bit more finesse. I believe if they started barring entire warframes behind certain mastery ranks, there will be an uprising (also it'll become a pattern I feel)! People act like not spamming an energy wave after every single chop will destroy Excalibur. Is that really all he is to you people? 

Edited by Mega_No_Grey